Sign in to follow this  
yumey95

Dayz endgame ideas.

So dayz is getting really popular (Captain obvious strikes again), and there are people that are complaining about there not being stuff to do after getting the gear and establishing a group/joining a clan.

Me personally, ive played dayz since 1.6.9 or something and i have only played solo. So i have not done much and im not complaining about there not being much to do, so i dont know what would keep the players that have played 300-500 or so hours.

What would be "endgame content" in your opinion?

Optional "missions" or objective might be nice but an over all end game shouldn't be incorporated.

Sandbox is sandbox. Get the fuck out with missions dude.

• Like 2

Im not thinking about missions, they do not belong in sandboxes, you are right. Im thinking about stuff that will keep you in dayz after you've gotten the good stuff.

Edited by SniFF

You can still have sandbox and optional missions/tasks, just look at the GTA series. I wouldnt be too surprised if they come with full release, in fact I would be surprised if they didn't.

Edited by Box

Ehh.. Trying to keep your good stuff from the bad guys, without just sitting beneath one rock all the time? It seems plain, and i guess it is, but i like it ^^

Ehh.. Trying to keep your good stuff from the bad guys, without just sitting beneath one rock all the time? It seems plain, and i guess it is, but i like it ^^

Im not the person that gathers loot and hides, the only good stuff i have right now is an Alice pack and an AKM Kobra, so ive got a long way to go before even reaching the point where i can think "Im set, lets snipe some people". Im not even into that gameplay.

I could see optional missions being implemented. Go to random town collect food supplies, or medical supplies, return some reward. Not sure what though. Maybe ammo for equipped weapon. Go to specific town check house for survivors. could be a timed mission. Wait 1 min inside house timers up go back to mission giver. Reward ....uh...beans?

You can build a space ship, and try to colonize the moon, until you realize...

zombies in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

You can build a space ship, and try to colonize the moon, until you realize...

zombies in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

Already done.

only real endgame is when you have a group of survivors, go on 'missions' to gear up new members, help other players in the medical thread, scout for vehicles etc.

You can still have sandbox and optional missions/tasks, just look at the GTA series. I wouldnt be too surprised if they come with full release, in fact I would be surprised if they didn't.

Oh, of course. Like "kill the yeti in the mountains" or "fuck up some zeds 0/100".. And at the end, .. Why don't we implent a store where u can buy stuff with zed-heads. Dudes, just no no no and no!

Get married, have a couple kids and die an old man/woman?

GAME OVER

Haha, perhaps.

just an idea based on little thought and an idle brain waiting for the end of friday work to come - but could have multiple maps that would require a more complex vehicle fixing, additional maps and charts and radios and more fuel etc... something that would require a lot of time, or a larger group to accomplish and thereby upon completion to allow you to get to another map.

Each map could not only have a different theme for the "shiny" factor but perhaps an increase in the amount of military hardware - which would need more repairs - and therefore more time to fix and set up, or more people to accomplish.

The different maps could only be accessed once you get off the first map, and there could be a variety of themes / flavours to appeal to the different sorts of players .. more surviror-y or more pvp-y.

just an idea.

Edited by Tosh

really you can do a lot with out needing the game to tell you to do it or how.

heres a list of thing to do:

1. get a clan together

2. try and take over chronos or elecktro,

3. hunt for tent cities,

4. build a base,

5. hunt players,

6. start a zombie killing spree with an ax and see how long you last.

7. try and make friends without being shot in the back

8. go around as a medic helping people

9. take over a building and defend it.

10. find a ton of wire fencing and troll the cities by placing them in doorways

11. find and fix a vehicle then crash it in to stuff till it explodes.

12. find/steal a heli then fly over elecktro or chronos

13. hunt snipers

14. sit next to a campfire and chat with random people who come by

15. go on a night server, go to a city then light it up in flares and wait or take screen shots.

16. see how long you can last in a night server without using a flashlight

17. night server find go around throwing flares into random towns help players see whats ahead.

thats 17 things you could do in DayZ if you really wanted something to do.

Its pretty simple really.We all came here in hope of a survival game.A game that is hard to survive for long periods of time has never been done and Dayz has opened this door into a new type of game style.But it only went halfway and instead seems to be intent on making more a PVP game with some survival aspects added in.Just go all the way and make survival hard and thats end game.You want people to feel things like"wow I have survived for 2 days,that's my best yet".That is very addicting,just look at Project Zomboid.