kurozael

All servers should be hardcore

At the moment it's easy to join a Recruit or Regular server with death messages, third person, crosshair, etc where most of the newbies are playing to gain loot, then switch to a hardcore server. If all servers were hardcore, it would stabilize the DayZ experience by forcing everyone to play at the same difficulty.

Personally I think crosshairs are useless and first person vs. third person is personal preference, really.

I understand why you suggest this, but instead of forcing everyone to play the same difficulty it would be fairer to keep the various levels of difficulty separated, e.g. when starting a life on 'regular' you cannot join an 'expert' server until you die.

Same end-result, better method in my opinion.

• Like 4

At the moment it's easy to join a Recruit or Regular server with death messages, third person, crosshair, etc where most of the newbies are playing to gain loot, then switch to a hardcore server. If all servers were hardcore, it would stabilize the DayZ experience by forcing everyone to play at the same difficulty.

I prefer expert servers, but I don't really think that it is the all way to go. Though I would welcome a standard for all servers.

Regular servers could be used as training servers for new players. Your character wouldn't be saved on the hive and therfor not portabled to actual gaming servers.

I think that you should be allowed two characters, one for PVE and one for PVP... non transferable items of course :)

AJ

Edited by Bobcomss

even thought i do play on third person i would like for it to be removed

it will make the game more difficult and give it the true sensation that i've been seeking

right now all players are forced to third person if they don't want an unfair disadvantage

I dunno why people keep complaining -_- there are servers with 3rd person and servers with 1st person only.... people have different ways of playing and how they play. Some people like cheating with 3rd and people play fair in 1st person only. If you dont like 3rd person quit complaining dont make another post about all servers should be hardcore and join a expert server... Its that simple people everyone has different levels which they play on.

• Like 1

It needs to be player choice since its a game.Why control what people think is fun to play with.I also think that Dayz team should tweak the game to allow percentage choice of overall loot to be chosen. %50 percent less chance of all items that spawn and player is bound to these hardcore servers till they respawn.I mean so many people want this........... ;) Just needs a tweak to how fast blood loss happens when starving/thirsty.

As for 3rd person....its pure cheating.I got me a saw machine gun last night due to this fact.I was on a roof top crouching when I heard an M249 firing and then bullets hitting all around me.I dropped down and then spent next 20minutes observing and waiting while completely hidden from view.Finally spotted him and got up and took him down.That is a huge freaking cheat.

Edited by wolfstriked

I like 3rd person since I prefer to see my guy while he trots about. If you dislike it, there are servers with it disabled. Why should I be forced to play without because you like to play without 3rd person?

• Like 1

I usually play games that have the option to go FPS in first person, but Arma II has a very shitty FPS view. I feel like I'm getting motion sickness when I use it as the screen seems to wobble and shake in a very exaggerated sense. Also some iron sights in the game suck, like the 1911 which uses the older sights as opposed more modern designed 1911s that use sights that allow the user to acquire sight picture faster and easier.Fallout 3/New Vegas did first person view better. Arma II seemed to have put in the option as an afterthought.

I usually play games that have the option to go FPS in first person, but Arma II has a very shitty FPS view. I feel like I'm getting motion sickness when I use it as the screen seems to wobble and shake in a very exaggerated sense. Also some iron sights in the game suck, like the 1911 which uses the older sights as opposed more modern designed 1911s that use sights that allow the user to acquire sight picture faster and easier.Fallout 3/New Vegas did first person view better. Arma II seemed to have put in the option as an afterthought.

Go to setting the lower the setting called head bob. I have mine completely off and no motion sickness here.

Regular vs. Hardcore, Crosshairs, Nametags, 1st vs 3rd person ... why beat on dead horses? These things have been discussed 1000s of times in almost any ARMA or mod forum available. Just wait for standalone when we are talking about the real deal, currently its completely pointless to bring this up again and again.

I have an idea...Why don't you only play on hardcore servers? If that is your thing... ;)