Sign in to follow this  
mi.hassler@web.de

Is my CD key in use by somebody else?

Hello together,

i play DayZ since 2 weeks now, and had a fully equipped character with the best gear you can get. Unfortunately when i logged in on tuesday, i saw that my Charakter has been reset. I couldnt choose if i want to be male or female, i just spawned on the coast again. After logging in and out several times nothing changed. Okay i thought, might be a bug of the Alpha. So yesterday i played for several houres again and logged out in a big residential in Berenzino. When i logged in today, i found myself in the Male/Female selection screen, and spawned in at the coast again.

Now im wondering if somebody else is using my CD Key, or if my CD key is Cursed.

I bought Arma 2 Combined Operations via Amazon about 1 1/2 years ago.

My ingame Playername is Michael, pretty common. I have seen some servers where other people also had my name and my name appeared as "Michael (2)" instead of "Michael [b-p]" (b-p is a clan).

I hope you can help me. I want to play with my friends. But my character got wiped out 2 times now. Maybe an DayZ admin can see if my CD-Key is used by somebody else?

Your CD is not used by somebody else thats almost impossible but you should take care that you only join official servers because everytime you join a server with his own database (non hive / non offcial) you will spawn with a new char at the coast.

Edited by Streaforce

I guess joining unofficial servers is not the problem. I only play with friends. All my friends still have their characters. we logged out 5 meters next to each other. I had nice gear. m24, mk48, glock, ghillie, all tools you can get. epipens, morphin, antibiotics and all stuff you want... its frustrating to lose a character while your friends still have them.

Just found out that i get kicked from some servers. What could this be? I need info from the DayZ guys if i should contact Bohemia for a new cd key or not.

heads of ppl using changed ids to use other ppls characters (confirmed) and ppl able to use pirated keys.(unconfirmed)

Thats pretty sad. No sense to continue playing this game because the character can be wiped out in the next day. Pretty fucked up with the CD key database, maybe somebody hacked it.... ?

Okay, i have some new Intel.

I tried to log-in and see if something changed again on my character, I usually stopped playing at 9:30 pm because my friends had to sleep so i checked out if somebody is playing at a later time with my Key to get sure that its not the CD Key in use issue.

Unfortunately it said "CD Key already in use"

I bought "Arma 2: Combined Operations" form a retailer about 1 1/2 years ago. Where do i get a new key now? I wont pay 25 bucks because some retarded kid or stupid developer duplicates keys.

No way anybody could get my CD Key by checking out my game boxes. Since about 3 years, i have all my Computergames and software informations in a Safe.

I have the Same Problem and i contact the Peter Games Support and they giving me a new CD Key! (Very Friendly Support) This was today!

And i hope the Problem is away^^ !

The same name keeps coming up "Peter games" Looks to me like these guys may have sold the same keys multiple times.

The same name keeps coming up "Peter games" Looks to me like these guys may have sold the same keys multiple times.

Dont think so, they are the official publisher of Arma since 2006 (for the german region, not 100% sure ) , distributing the retail version. I would like to hear an official word on this topic tho, but realy dont think they sell multiple keys (volitional) in a dvd box .

Even BIS doesnt seem to be sure what it is.

First thing i saw they replied to legit owners was "you gave your key away or you have malware" , then " key is used by multiple ip s wich is an violation of the license agreement , we cant do anything" , last thing was "we are currently investigating this issue and working on a solution but it's going to take some time (few days at least). Please be patient I will keep you informed" , so theres something goin on i guess....

Peter Games is trying to help fast at least and provide us new keys so we can play, thats good support and i didnt hear anything from BIS after i sent them my keys to check a week ago. Okay, they might be super busy after that big run on Arma they having right now.

There was also a problem with Arma X users some weeks ago, wich needed a patch to change player id s to let them play.

Edited by whet

I called them 2 days ago and told them my email adress and the cd key, they said they will contact me. Sent them a seperate email yesterday, still nothing heard from them. What a bunch of lazy bastards.

Your CD is not used by somebody else thats almost impossible but you should take care that you only join official servers because everytime you join a server with his own database (non hive / non offcial) you will spawn with a new char at the coast.

almost impossible? HMMM lies my cd key has been stolen for the last month and steam is giving a fuck about giving me a new 1.

almost impossible? HMMM lies my cd key has been stolen for the last month and steam is giving a fuck about giving me a new 1.

That's your fault and your fault only.

// bumping a 1,5 Month old Thread, srsly?

Hi guys listen i recently purchased arma 2 combined operations from eb games in brisbane and when i tried to run the game it says bad serial key given in setup i was hopeing someone might be able to help with the retail version if it's happened to other people to and since i don't come here all the time can you reply at Markourparkour@gmail.com