griffinz

Devs, Friends of Devs, and Server Admins in-game...

Attention everyone:

I want to share something with you before you see an admin/dev/me in a server with good equipment:

We don't have the ability to spawn in items/teleport

Saying that, I think about 3 people in the whole world has the ability to alter the contents of a person's inventory at the database level, and those people probably have no time to actually play this game for any amount of time.

Most of us know where the good loot is by exploring. Most of us have been playing for a long time, so it comes with experience.

Thanks,

Griff

• Like 19

If this is indirectly also a response on my recent thread. I understand this completely, but some people seem either too lucky or too weird in my eyes.

If this is indirectly also a response on my recent thread. I understand this completely' date=' but some people seem either too lucky or too weird in my eyes.

[/quote']

Half of it is luck, but once you figure out where a good item spawns, you can increase your chances of getting that item 10-fold.

I, for example, have twice tripped over a pair of NVGs in the same spot, 2 weeks apart (without actively looking for them). Obviously since then I keep going back to that spot, so my chances of finding more NVGs will increase.

• Like 1

If this is indirectly also a response on my recent thread. I understand this completely' date=' but some people seem either too lucky or too weird in my eyes.

[/quote']

Half of it is luck, but once you figure out where a good item spawns, you can increase your chances of getting that item 10-fold.

I, for example, have twice tripped over a pair of NVGs in the same spot, 2 weeks apart (without actively looking for them). Obviously since then I keep going back to that spot, so my chances of finding more NVGs will increase.

You should PM me the location :D I have been looking for them since the alpha went live and haven't had any succes yet. Might have to visit the airfield more often though :(

• Like 1

And rob you of the desire to explore? I cant be that cruel!

• Like 6

Attention everyone:

I want to share something with you before you see an admin/dev/me in a server with good equipment:

I think you just broke Teleport Dave's heart.

Attention everyone:

I think you just broke Teleport Dave's heart.

I lol'd

Would a server owner/admin locking/passwording a server so they can gather rare items and vehicles count as abuse?

Locking/passwording servers are against server hosting rules, and need to be reported.

There are some special cases, however (such as testing, or server having syncing problems)

It's pretty blatant, you guys. I am frequently kicked from low pop servers when I join and I can't tell you how many passworded ones I find.

• Like 1

Ausarma's anz3 or 4 is locked unless rules have changed

They lock as people join, wait till those have moved in game from the lobby then unlock, usually clears in a minute.

• Like 1

Hi! What i need to do if i faced with this problem: i think what i saw the admin's base with tents, stone walls, cars (alot of cars). I killed the guies, which secure this territory and my friends take the cars but then we are all was kicked from server and the server is shutting down. Now there is only two guies on it and they are moving their base or deleting it (i think).

Sorry for my English.

Ive seen quite a few locked and passworded from time to time ill try and remember to jot down the servers nxt time

EDIT is private allowed?

post-27322-0-55915000-1342001556_thumb.p

Edited by Chimaera

Really, well i know fuck all about programming but with the list of scripting commands available on the BIS website I managed to put something together that does exactly that, and that was after reading a certain "website" for an hour to "educate" myself. (I do add that back in the day I made some single player missions in the original OFP but that was a long time ago.)

Tried it on my own server on LAN on a multiplayer mission called firing range and what do you know it works. Now if I can do that imagine what someone who actually knows stuff about programming can do. So whenever I see a hive enabled server without battleeye running on it then you can kinda put 2 and 2 together, no ? If that server is passworded ontop of that and there are 4 ppl in it you know enough. DOUCHEBAGS.

Now before you point fingers at me I haven't played this game in over a week because all my friends who played this with me quit after we died under how shall i put it "suspicious circumstances" twice in a row. I might pick it up again but since I like to do my gaming in an honest fashion I doubt I'll be back to dayz unless its ported to arma 3 and player items are stored serverside instead of clientside.

To sumarise it. I love this mod. Rocket created an awesome gameconcept and a blend of genres but for now I'm out. Thank you exploiters / cheaters.

Edited by Arnie
  • Like 1

I feel your pain. Half of our gaming community including myself have stopped playing day because of hackers. Sad to see this game die this way.

I feel your pain. Half of our gaming community including myself have stopped playing day because of hackers. Sad to see this game die this way.

So you speak for half of the gaming community?

Edited by Prebenmar

a mod dies when the people who support it stop giving a fuck, its a really great game and that fact that its in arma II engine really makes it but....it needs to be balanced bigtime, lots of server admins cheating and abusing glitches, its no use sayin “two or three hours away from complete disaster at any time” and expecting the community to just swallow it and soldier on, f**king improve and fix it if you want it to blossom!!

http://dayzmod.com/f...-for-5-hrs-now/

proof nothing gets done about admin abuse on any server.

this server had now been locked with 4 admins online for about 7 hr now.

You posted that yesterday, stop complaining and give it time to sink in. More then likely they look at servers and attempt to contact the host. There could well be other reasons why the server is locked, but I've seen some DayZ staff looking at threads before and generally not replying. I'm going to go ahead and guess that they read it and probably pass it onto whoever is necessary to look into the issue at hand.

• Like 2

Really, well i know fuck all about programming but with the list of scripting commands available on the BIS website I managed to put something together that does exactly that, and that was after reading a certain "website" for an hour to "educate" myself. (I do add that back in the day I made some single player missions in the original OFP but that was a long time ago.)

Tried it on my own server on LAN on a multiplayer mission called firing range and what do you know it works. Now if I can do that imagine what someone who actually knows stuff about programming can do. So whenever I see a hive enabled server without battleeye running on it then you can kinda put 2 and 2 together, no ? If that server is passworded ontop of that and there are 4 ppl in it you know enough. DOUCHEBAGS.

Now before you point fingers at me I haven't played this game in over a week because all my friends who played this with me quit after we died under how shall i put it "suspicious circumstances" twice in a row. I might pick it up again but since I like to do my gaming in an honest fashion I doubt I'll be back to dayz unless its ported to arma 3 and player items are stored serverside instead of clientside.

To sumarise it. I love this mod. Rocket created an awesome gameconcept and a blend of genres but for now I'm out. Thank you exploiters / cheaters.

I've been playing for almost a month, before that i watched streams of it on twitch a lot...in my honest opinion you don't get the full feel of how bad/often the hacking is in DayZ till you play for a while. just in my limited time 4-5 hours maybe 6-8 hours a night, hackers find me and interrupt my play quite often. Recently i was teleported along with everyone else on the server to debug forest and most of us were turned into chickens, then we were all picked up and dropped. I broke my leg but wasn't bleeding,still as a chicken i logged out and went to another server and it spawned me at the coast as if i had just respawned fresh while keeping my gear. I agree with the quotes above, the hacking needs to be eliminated for this game to reach it's full potential. i love the game as many of you do, to still be playing with the hackers abound shows how good this game is and the support for it. hackers/script kiddies are stemming the mod's growth..with nearly 1million unique players, just think of how much more rapid the growth could be without them.

i posted something in the suggestions about camps. Camps dupe items like crazy, find 1 good item save tent, on a scheduled restart server, after each restart all loot is back, even if u looted right away after saving, playing on DK1 most common item about now is L85 AWS (in night play), U really need to include a autosave on tents and vehicles that works. I would not blame a admin for good gear, aslong as the tents and vehicles work like this u will always have good loot.

Who actually reviews the Server Abuse/Cheat Reporting subforum? I don't see any official response or confirmation about hackers/abusive admins being dealt with!