liquidGG

Upcoming Patch 1.7.2.5

I don't like this time management. Just like Blizzard, they're so very late and no information given.

I don't like this time management. Just like Blizzard, they're so very late and no information given.

This is a small team working over the Internet on a free mod.

Blizzard is a multi national business.

have you got any update on whats happening ?

im sure 99 percent are behind you all the way just a bit of infomation on whats actually going off would ease the pain to speak :)

if theres a certain issue just say issue with blah blah not sure how long that will be or we plan this or that. saying nothing just leaves the door open for more speculation and incoming rage posts.

great devs address issues and tell there audience openly. geniune fans will back you to the hilt when you approach things like this as they know youll say when there is a issue .

Edited by dgeesio

If people actually searched for fixes in regards to the artifacts, it would not be so game breaking.

I fixed the artifacts completely by following the default video memory setting. Works like a charm. Waiting for the new content since I fixed the "game breaking" bug.

I see a good number of people in major cities and the airfield still so I guess I'm not the only. My friends fixed their artifacting as well using which ever solution posted here in the forums that worked for them.

Could be: video memory to default, resolution needs to be changed, etc

So I say - bring in more content... I'm starting to get bored.

Actually, I have tried every fix that I believe is possible. None of them work. In fact, changing the video memory, flush, and toggling v sync would make the artifacting even worse. The closest thing I've come to a fix was editing my ArmA2OAProfile in "C:\Users\TheFired3mon\Documents\ArmA 2" It fixed it for about 5 minutes, and then it started doing it again. It's not that people didn't search for fixes, it's just that it isn't a guaranteed fix.

• Like 1

At least something. :P

Anybody knows what this means?

[94886] Fixed: Possible gear item duplication (private https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36648)

Well, I dont know for sure, but item duplication often happens when you click stuff too fast, especially when the server is lagging. EG you pack a tent, and while you are packing it you scroll bar and choose pack again, and you end up with 2 tents.

Edited by Irenicus

Anyone tried the new patch yet to see if the artifacts are fixed ?

If it's the DayZ files though the patch won't help :(

Patch doesnt fix graphical glitches at all. But they are not listed in the Fixed list. It's an DayZ problem only i guess.

2 most important things to be fixed now to me are:

1. Hacks....

2. Dupes....

but... these 2 have to be fixed together. for now hacks dont hurt so much due to duping being possible...and dupes dont hurt the game much cuz the hacks balances things out...

fix any one of these... without fixing the other... will cause alot of problems...

scenario 1: fix dupe but don't fix hack = many players who found really rare stuffs and to get killed by hackers will prolly move onto other games..

scenario 2: fix hack but don't fix dupe = turn this game into another COD....ppl simply don't care abt getting killed...

the graphical glitch so many ppl are bitching abt can be fixed easily on user end...

usually i run blind into NWAF... once i reach the barracks... ill just turn off my arma2...and restart it...logging into the spot where i logged off... and the glitch within that immediate area will be gone...

2 most important things to be fixed now to me are:

1. Hacks....

2. Dupes....

but... these 2 have to be fixed together. for now hacks dont hurt so much due to duping being possible...and dupes dont hurt the game much cuz the hacks balances things out...

fix any one of these... without fixing the other... will cause alot of problems...

scenario 1: fix dupe but don't fix hack = many players who found really rare stuffs and to get killed by hackers will prolly move onto other games..

scenario 2: fix hack but don't fix dupe = turn this game into another COD....ppl simply don't care abt getting killed...

the graphical glitch so many ppl are bitching abt can be fixed easily on user end...

usually i run blind into NWAF... once i reach the barracks... ill just turn off my arma2...and restart it...logging into the spot where i logged off... and the glitch within that immediate area will be gone...

+ Fix Admin abuse. So many servers these days are run by Admins who are kicking/banning and even scrpting to obtain superiority on their server.

Yeah well i talked to rocket and hes saying hes working on it. I asked him for an ETA and he said ASAP. Its taking longer cus hes trying to get Dogs in.

+ Fix Admin abuse. So many servers these days are run by Admins who are kicking/banning and even scrpting to obtain superiority on their server.

im sure some of these abusive admins are also a result of hackers killing them/their friends... causing them to lose legit items... until finally one of them snaps and says, "fk this shiet... imma script items in and go other servers to rape people."

altho there will still exist asses who would do the above regardless of hacks or not... but this will just cause them to lose interest in dayZ sooner or later...

i got like 7-8 tents hidden with full gear/suite/backpack/rifles/pistols/sniper all over the map... that was when i just realised that duping items using tents was possible....

it started out great... but it quickly turned this game so boring(no adrenaline rush when i hear gunshots) that i havent been back to those tents for a few weeks...

recently i went back to all of them... took out all the contents... threw them into a bush... and saved the tents... then proceeded to suicide by zombies and starting afresh again...

and i've been having the most fun time for the past 1 week as a result... even with hackers killing me every now and then... its still more fun than having no consequences when you die besides running back to your tent...

If you check my post history you'll find a community manager responded to a question I had about this very subject.

Patch doesnt fix graphical glitches at all. But they are not listed in the Fixed list. It's an DayZ problem only i guess.

Yes and no. It's a combo of 1.62 Core patch AND DayZ 1724. As is often the case its not one thing but a combination of factors.

Yeah well i talked to rocket and hes saying hes working on it. I asked him for an ETA and he said ASAP. Its taking longer cus hes trying to get Dogs in.

Interesting but not entirely unexpected. I have chosen not to spoil things in advance so I only read about fixes not about new features. However In this case I would like one question answered if someone can oblige?; From what I know, Dogs are to be companions, but how will this work? Do we need to first FIND our dog or do we get one with every new spawn?

Edited by Irenicus

I'd like to see major bugs like the graphic glitch fixed as much as everyone... but I'm sure rocket has pretty valid reasons for not commenting on the status of fixes.

Everyone really does need to stop demanding shit as if its their right though.. I mean the attitude people have when making fix requests... not the requests themselves.

Edited by moofactory

I don't mind the graphical issues AS MUCH as others. If anything I'll just sprint through NWAF graphical glitch and all. If I can't see 5 feet infront of me, neither can others (hopefully). It's worked out so far.