liquidGG

Upcoming Patch 1.7.2.5

I've seen patches well later than this :) There was a time when Rocket said he would fix the ArmA x problems and it was 2 weeks overdue .... but once again Rocket came through and now all ArmA x users can play again :D

I won't even mention the usual "It's an alpha mod etc" but you got the game for nothing and the patch will be released when it's released :thumbsup: Either wait or go play something else.

I've seen patches well later than this :) There was a time when Rocket said he would fix the ArmA x problems and it was 2 weeks overdue .... but once again Rocket came through and now all ArmA x users can play again :D

I won't even mention the usual "It's an alpha mod etc" but you got the game for nothing and the patch will be released when it's released :thumbsup: Either wait or go play something else.

The problem isn't that the patch is late, the problem is he doesn't even bother making a post saying the patch will be delayed (for indefinite time).

Let's say he would have updated that thread with "Due to unforseen issues the patch has been delayed for indefinite time" no one would care.

Edited by Sakeoe
  • Like 1

so noone else saw the machinima dayz stream from 2 days ago where rocket says he wants to push a full patch asap instead of just a hotfix for the glitches (artifacts).

the artifacts are bugging me quite a bit, but new additions/tweaks to the game will be amazing! well worth waiting an extra few days.

• Like 1

I'd rather be patient and not have him do updates every half an hour and get it done than waste time appeasing the appetite of you fuckers. You're turning this patch into Torchlight 2. Grow a pair, shut the fuck up and wait for it to be released. Surely this can't be the only thing you have to do with your time.

Edited by Anton17

*push to be seen and hopefully recognized by somebody from the devteam.

I'm betting that rocket just ran into a hitch with the dead soldier crap.

But, it would be nice for him to at least release a hotfix, maybe removing the bodies? Until he can figure out what's wrong.

llol man u talk like u dnt have a life, rest a bit, its just a game, its done when its done!!!

Horrible English. Spot on context wise.

The problem isn't that the patch is late, the problem is he doesn't even bother making a post saying the patch will be delayed (for indefinite time).

Let's say he would have updated that thread with "Due to unforseen issues the patch has been delayed for indefinite time" no one would care.

Exactly

I'd rather be patient and not have him do updates every half an hour and get it done than waste time appeasing the appetite of you fuckers. You're turning this patch into Torchlight 2. Grow a pair, shut the fuck up and wait for it to be released. Surely this can't be the only thing you have to do with your time.

Well you know what, some of us might actually have listened to your point of view, but since you are just being insultive and nasty, everything else you just said has been negated and invalidated. It's obvious you're not someone any of us want to deal with or listen to and sound like a horrible nasty teenager with anger issues. You made an interesting statement in regards to "only thing you have to do with your time" when you are the one trash talking/posting. Perhaps you should take your own advice?

Next time refrain from the insulting derogatory terms then perhaps you would have a valid point.

EDIT: Above post reported due to the inflamatory and insultive nature of the post. I urge all other sensible people to do the same, then perhaps these people will learn to refrain in future. Cheers

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

this thread should be locked down with a lock

Why is that? Some of us are just discussing the issue. The rest are just being immature and throwing insults around, but we shouldn't be punished for that. Why should a thread be locked because of a few immature manchildren? Better action would be to remove the irrelevant posts by these people. On that note, the report button works, it's right next to the quote button :)

IF you have nothing to add to the thread, resist the temptation to type next time please. Thanks

• Like 1

The reason I lost my temper was because of the nature and the nerve of this thread. You've got one guy who's working on a patch to appease potentially a million different players. This isn't a content patch and there are no major changes to be made in terms of gameplay. What the patch is supposed to be is a bug fix. If the patch hasn't been released yet, one would and should be able to assume its because those proposed bug fixes have not been fixed yet. In light of that, you might also assume that when the bugs are fixed, the patch will be released.

Is this a hard concept to grasp? Threads like these are in no way beneficial to the forums or the community. They just come and stir shit up needlessly, just the same as the "hacking" threads, though you can understand them being pissed off.

It ain't gonna take long, just let the man do his job and it'll be out when its out.. Don't throw your toys out of the pram just yet.

• Like 1

The reason I lost my temper was because of the nature and the nerve of this thread. You've got one guy who's working on a patch to appease potentially a million different players. This isn't a content patch and there are no major changes to be made in terms of gameplay. What the patch is supposed to be is a bug fix. If the patch hasn't been released yet, one would and should be able to assume its because those proposed bug fixes have not been fixed yet. In light of that, you might also assume that when the bugs are fixed, the patch will be released.

Is this a hard concept to grasp? Threads like these are in no way beneficial to the forums or the community. They just come and stir shit up needlessly, just the same as the "hacking" threads, though you can understand them being pissed off.

It ain't gonna take long, just let the man do his job and it'll be out when its out.. Don't throw your toys out of the pram just yet.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that many people suffering from game breaking graphical artifacting issues were waiting on said hotfix that was estimated to be out already. Then rocket already announced on the Machinima live stream that he had fixed the graphical artifacting issues but the hotfix was being delayed regardless.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that many people suffering from game breaking graphical artifacting issues were waiting on said hotfix that was estimated to be out already. Then rocket already announced on the Machinima live stream that he had fixed the graphical artifacting issues but the hotfix was being delayed regardless.

Then I guess there's definitely something big enough to warrant delaying it, no?

Then I guess there's definitely something big enough to warrant delaying it, no?

From what I hear, he's adding content. Bandit/Hero skins and I believe he said he was attempting dogs. Though, I don't see why a hotfix can't be released for the artifacting. I understand he's busy as hell, but even one sentence of news would be appreciated. Either way, it'll get here when it's ready. Until then, I just have to stay away from places that I get the artifacting problem.

• Like 1

Sure, and I have no issue with waiting, and I presume the same as you. All that many of us are asking for is a simple message "patche delayed because of.....for x amount of time or indefinitely"

No news might be good news but it's just good to hear some form of update, that would IMO shut up 90% of the people whinging (note that IM not whinging, just very curious as to the state of affairs and yes of course I'm anticipating the patch with great excitement)

Let's see what happens. I seem to have no artifacts after setting memory to default and AA off. Jaggies dont look nice but they look better than the artifacts :)

PS Sorry for reacting as I did, but just rather sick of all the people on forums who throw insults at people for little to no reason. Peace

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Hmmm.. The graphical issues which were caused by either the Arma patch or the DayZ patch is gamebreaking. The game cannot be played in any major city at all. Even some of the smaller cities and the airfields.

In my opinion this should have been listed as a major priority and hot fixed ASAP. It completely kills the game for a lot of players, the load times are also an issue but not as corncerning. It's been how long now? I appreciate they're adding content, but if they state they've fixed it already, then it should be in. Now

• Like 1

If people actually searched for fixes in regards to the artifacts, it would not be so game breaking.

I fixed the artifacts completely by following the default video memory setting. Works like a charm. Waiting for the new content since I fixed the "game breaking" bug.

I see a good number of people in major cities and the airfield still so I guess I'm not the only. My friends fixed their artifacting as well using which ever solution posted here in the forums that worked for them.

Could be: video memory to default, resolution needs to be changed, etc

So I say - bring in more content... I'm starting to get bored.

Edited by evoxtom

That's fantastic, I'm happy for you!

There are currently no guarenteed fixes for the grahpical issues, just guess work. Yes, we've all seen the threads and tried them. What a shame they don't work, or at least work for long.

Yeah guys but lets just completely ignore a bug which destroyes the game!! LETS ADD HATS FOR PLAYERS INSTEAD, MORE CONTENT GUISE! OMG LOL EVOXTOM IS BORED OF THE GAME

Go back to CoD

Moron

Edited by Diminish

If you read patch notes, you'd notice it was already fixed. Why make servers update twice in 1 week? Some do not do well keeping up with them the first place.

Keep trying to fix it if you're impatient (certainly seems that way) or just wait it out.

Calm down with those caps locks- it doesn't make you look any more credible in this "debate." :)

Ps- its probably you who complains there is not enough servers to play on when an update rolls out. Imagine if the hot fix rolled and then a full patch behind it? More work for server owners. Makes no sense right? You call me a moron? Funny.

Edited by evoxtom

If you'd of read my first post, while you were too busy facerolling on your keyobard, you'd notice I said I was aware it was fixed and should have been added as a hotfix. Downloading patches twice within a week doesn't concern me. The slight amount of time it takes to make the game playable more than makes up for it's current state. To assume I'd complain makes an ass out of you.

I fully appreciate and expect multiple patches in an alpha state. So yes, it makes perfect sense on such a 'gamebreaking' issue to patch it before a content release. I don't actually understand what you're arguing about lol. " :)"

Also, putting PS in a forum post, wtf?

Edited by Diminish

If you'd of read my first post, while you were too busy facerolling on your keyobard, you'd notice I said I was aware it was fixed and should have been added as a hotfix. Downloading patches twice within a week doesn't concern me. The slight amount of time it takes to make the game playable more than makes up for it's current state. To assume I'd complain makes an ass out of you.

I fully appreciate and expect multiple patches in an alpha stat. So yes, it makes perfect sense on such a 'gamebreaking' issue tp patch it before a content release. I don't actually understand what you're arguing about lol. " :)"

Also, putting PS in a forum post, wtf?

09-1259363919.jpg

i dont get why its actually taking so long ? not being funny but the previous patches didnt have the artifacting so its shouldnt be "Rocket " science to see what it was that has been changed that has caused the artifacting to start.

hopefully the patch is out this week if not ill be dissapointed tbh as they could of rolled back the patch to a more playable one while they sorted the issues which they know about it doesnt need us to be playing a broken patch to show them what they already know about.

Edited by dgeesio