liquidGG

Upcoming Patch 1.7.2.5

So we heard nothing about this new patch, which should already be done 2 days ago.

Can anybody from the Dev-team tell us whats going on there?

I mean first you make big announcement about fixing all graphical issues/infinite ammo and tell us you will be done with that patch on wednesday.

Yeah now its friday and we heard nothing from you.?!

Edit: The reason why I made this post is just the fact, that the game is almost unplayable now, since you cant get close to any military spawns due to the heavy graphical glitches. Even in Cherno and Berenzino you have to avoid certain areas. And i dont want to loot Deer stands for the rest of my DayZ life.

Edited by liquidGG
  • Like 20

+1

I really have no issue with the patch being late, but it would be nice to at least get some news saying "patch will be late, we are working on......."

• Like 5

One of the patches took like 2 weeks after they announced it. So calm down.

Any number of things could have gone wrong, or they could have found something else to fix. Maybe they are on vacation, most hard working people take those. Maybe there was an accident in real life. Maybe something as small as the patch server needs repairs from a random bug. Who knows? But I do know one thing: It'll be here when they get it done and push it out.

• Like 5

I understand that things like this can take longer than anticipated but as the graphics glitches currently in-game are potential game-breakers, a few words wouldn't be the worst thing.

Edited by ACOGshot
  • Like 4

Any number of things could have gone wrong, or they could have found something else to fix. Maybe they are on vacation, most hard working people take those. Maybe there was an accident in real life. Maybe something as small as the patch server needs repairs from a random bug. Who knows? But I do know one thing: It'll be here when they get it done and push it out.

Agree with you but at least a sentence containing an update on the issue would be the right thing to do... yeah we're in ALPHA.. but pissing off your Alpha testers won't help the development of the Mod.

• Like 2

llol man u talk like u dnt have a life, rest a bit, its just a game, its done when its done!!!

I dont mind if the patch is delayed due to RL issues or maybe the fact that the graphical glitches are much harder to fix than thought. (maybe just remove the dead military-soldier corpses until you found a solution?)

But an update about the patch would be really nice.

@Carlos: Its just the fact that DayZ is all about farming deerstands and supermarkets now, due to the graphical glitches at military spawns. Most people are going away from DayZ until this issues gets fixed. So its not hard to give us some information about whats going on. I just want to know if i have to wait 2 more weeks until i can finally walk to an airfield again or if its done tomorrow.

And since the patch was announced to be released two days ago this question is more about information and not about my RL.

Edited by liquidGG

Maybe they are looking at ways to stop Lingor Island ? That might be seen as a threat worth prioritizing and every DayZ improvement is also a Lingor Island improvement.

I like how the main 1.7.2.5 thread was to be locked "for an hour" and it has now turned into 3 days or something.

Edited by totallyRebb
  • Like 7

You obviously didnt read? Who's not calm?

Maybe they are looking at ways to stop Lingor Island ? That might be seen as a threat worth prioritizing and every DayZ improvement is also a Lingor Island improvement.

If the lingor team fixes the graphical issues before the original dayz team, this would be a real shame for them.

So i hope they care about THEIR game and not about any other maps or mods.

• Like 2

Why would another map be seen as a threat? It can only add to the community, not detract from it? Or am I missing something

• Like 1

Why would another map be seen as a threat? It can only add to the community, not detract from it? Or am I missing something

Maybe because they are using Rockets code without permission ? They took the server files and added it to another map.

I've seen several posts where Rocket mentions he pro-modding but the Lingor team have taken the code without permission so that could be seen as a threat to Dayz.

• Like 1

You obviously didnt read? Who's not calm?

Well generally, "?!" at the end of a sentence does not present a calm mind, or attitude. Easily seen here in the OP, "I mean first you make big announcement about fixing all graphical issues/infinite ammo and tell us you will be done with that patch on wednesday.

Yeah now its friday and we heard nothing from you.?!"

I read quite well, and usually don't miss much. Either I skip something as it isn't important to me, or I pick up on things that others ignore or overlook. In this case, I believe it to be the latter.

Didn't they claim on the Machinima interview that it was being delayed because he wanted to add the new features of the Bandit/Hero skin? Im pretty sure that is what he stated and claimed he wanted to actually make this an actual update. Im heading out for work but if someone can confirm this by finding the interview would bring some clarity.

Edit -

At 38 mins in

Edited by tuleg1t
  • Like 3

Maybe because they are using Rockets code without permission ? They took the server files and added it to another map.

I've seen several posts where Rocket mentions he pro-modding but the Lingor team have taken the code without permission so that could be seen as a threat to Dayz.

I doubt they'll get far, as they'll need more of Rocket's code to continue patching from henceforth, and we've all seen how quickly Rocket learns from that kind of stuff.

As for the topic: Apparently it's been turned from "hotfix" to full blown patch. This was announced on the Machina LiveStream interview he was on. I wish he would have told us earlier, but oh well.

Well generally, "?!" at the end of a sentence does not present a calm mind, or attitude. Easily seen here in the OP, "I mean first you make big announcement about fixing all graphical issues/infinite ammo and tell us you will be done with that patch on wednesday.

Yeah now its friday and we heard nothing from you.?!"

I read quite well, and usually don't miss much. Either I skip something as it isn't important to me, or I pick up on things that others ignore or overlook. In this case, I believe it to be the latter.

Dont worry I'm calm. My "!?" at the end of my sentence is just a sign of the lack of information i have about this topic. But lets stop talking about my state of mind and hope that rocket or somebody else of the devteam will give us an answer about the patch. I guess we are all here because we are very curious to know anything about this amazing mod. :)

• Like 1

Dont worry I'm calm. My "!?" at the end of my sentence is just a sign of the lack of information i have about this topic. But lets stop talking about my state of mind and hope that rocket or somebody else of the devteam will give us an answer about the patch. I guess we are all here because we are very curious to know anything about this amazing mod. :)

Yeah, I original came to this thread hoping for info.

Personally, I hope they get the dead soldier bodies fixed soon. I do love raiding those areas, knowing my survival chances have skyrocketed due to the bug (no one can see me, nor I them) but it is very annoying. I'm not sure if it was a DayZ bug, or if it was due to a recent ArmA2 Beta Patch? Maybe a mix of the two? That is something that could be causing them to take longer (say half the bug is due to patch 1.7.2.4, but a fraction is located in the Beta Patched lines).

As it is, I'd rather see weapon damage increased to being on par to what it was before. I'm sad to see my favorite handgun round, the .45, a joke.

do you think that the hero/bandit system will fit with our actual humanity level or we will start from the same point? and i prefere to see locked threads instead of the mess i've seen for the 1.7.2.4

Ahhh I didn't know these facts. Wonder if he should consider perhaps allowing them to join his team as they seem to be doing good work, I mean it's not like they are hacking?

You're totally right though, they didn't ask permission, they should have at least tried, not very respectful imo.

Edited by Irenicus

It is a good idea to try Dayz on an other map. Lingor island being a very nice map i am happy with it.

And as we all don't know shit about Lingor team and Dayzteam relationships, please don't start false rumors.. Or show me the relevant "sources."

Concerning the update.

I really think a hotfix was more than needed as lots of my friends and I can't even play/test the game because of the graphic glitches.

Would have been nice to hotfix it fast. Or at least to keep us informed about it.

Nevertheless keep up the good work DayzTeam, and hire more Public Relation/Community Manager guys.. Please.

• Like 2

It's so silly not hotfixing the artifacting.

I can't play the game. I've been stuck in that village above Balota (looking for food, srzly, where's all the food gone?) for a week now. I'm not risking playing when I can't see anything.

I need Stanag rounds so badly... But I can't get into a miltary area whithout my screen going crazy...