Sign in to follow this  
Nasias

How many slots do items take up in the inventory or backback?

I'd like to suggest that, even though I'm sure there's limitations on the way the inventory works, that the slot usage is incorporated into the item name. For example "Car Wheel (6 slots)". I don't know of any other way this can be done, so I figured this would be the easiest.

Why this suggestion? When swapping items around to and from the backpack and inventory, if you don't have the required space for an item to move, moving the item causes it to just vanish. Picking up items is different, but this informative would still be very useful in determining how much space you'll need to free up.

edit. msg removed

Edited by Jukez

I'd rather see the complete inventory system getting an overhaul or being replaced by an actual inventory system. Guess we have to stick with the clunky thing from ARMA 2 until Day Z goes standalone.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Equipment

Just select the item name on the left to find out.

Not listed : Primary weapon - 10 slots ; Secondary weapon - 5 slots

You can do this, but having to constantly use a website as a reference to something as simple as telling someone how many item slots something uses is a bit of a pain. Especially if you don't have time to alt + tab, and search. Especially if someone doesn't know about the Wiki.

You can do this, but having to constantly use a website as a reference to something as simple as telling someone how many item slots something uses is a bit of a pain. Especially if you don't have time to alt + tab, and search.

To post everything from the wiki here would still make you alt tab to refer to here anyway... so not really getting your point.

Especially if someone doesn't know about the Wiki.

Now you know about the wiki.

I just provided you with the information you asked for, if you don't want it then next time don't ask.

Edited by Hidden_Ops

To post everything from the wiki here would still make you alt tab to refer to here anyway... so not really getting your point.

The point is; so that you can see item slot usage immidiately without having to search for it. Not only is it far easier to immidiately see the slot usage of an item you find on the ground, but it should be relatively easy to implement too. It should, really, be typical practice to inform players how many slots an item uses, rather than have you either guess or look to google for the answer.

I did know about the wiki, but I just don't like having to minimize the game and search for an item to see the slot usage when it should be displayed in-game.

Edit:

I just provided you with the information you asked for, if you don't want it then next time don't ask.

I didn't ask for information, I was making an informative suggestion with reasons as to why it would be an improvement. There's no need to be hostile.

Edited by Nasias

i think that showing the spaces that an item takes up when you view that item is a good idea for the stand alone.