Khattr

Fighting ghosting : can I do that ?

Hello all,

I was wondering :

As the d/cers and others ghosts just ruin the game, why can't we, admins, ruining their game ?

What i'd like to do is :

- When a d/cers is spotted : to warn him using global chat

- then randomly kick him with message " d/cers / ghosters " .

I don't think I'm breaking a rule doing that and I'll be ruining his game so he/she ruins others ...

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Some servers do ban / kick DC'ers. The problem is actually spotting them.

Veteran servers don't have nametags, so good luck finding out who just DC'd infront of you unless you have access to the server logs.

You're fully within your right to kick a suspected cheater - Banning is being disputed at the moment however.

I bet you'll get a "Oh no this person kicked me a bunch of times and are breaking rules black list them" thread..But that's because people are stupid and hold onto the rules at face value instead of understanding what's right for the server.

I warn them that they'll be banned if and when I see it. They usually leave or stop. I've yet to ban anyone for it.

Of course every admin action i'll make will be justified and covered with logs ...

I had the case this morning : they surprise us, they kill my mate, I kill one of them, then a second ... and the third just spawn behind me ...

I've my own testify, I've the log showing the disconnect of location X,Y , then reconnect X+5,Y+3 ...

I think this is enough ...

Today, I warn that player.

Next time, i'll see things like that on the log, he'll be randomly kicked ....

And I'm not talking about banning ... His behaviour has to be punished ...

But he/she hasn't cheated, he used a weakness in the game system . So his punishment has to be lighter...

Could any member of the dev team confirm I'm not breaking any rules ?

And could some one tell me how to make a cyclic message with the rules ???

I've made it translate in russian by a friend ( I'm european, part of "my" gamers are Russian, lithuanian or use cyrillic-based languages )

So everybody will know what mean to be "warned"