Sign in to follow this  
traidmill

Join the same server as my friend

Hi!

I'm new to the game and have been playing some with my friend. One problem we have is to join the same server. It seems like the server list we get in either Six Launcher or in the actual game server browser isnt complete. My question is if there is any service like steam/gamespy or something likewise that shows where my friend is playing and so i can join the exact server with a click?

Or the other way, is it possible to view what server you are on while in game?

just some servers tell their ''name'' with messages when connected, i don't know other ways.

i don't know how to filter with sixlauncher, but i experienced the same thing with my buddy. with the interface of arma 2 multiplayer i can filter better and see the names of players connected to a server

Yes, but our problem was that we didnt have all servers listed wither in six launcher or in arma II. So when he found one i could not find it and the other way around. And you se the players name in Arma II but it is not possible to search the player :(

Yes, but our problem was that we didnt have all servers listed wither in six launcher or in arma II. So when he found one i could not find it and the other way around. And you se the players name in Arma II but it is not possible to search the player :(

Use DayZ Commander. add you friend to the friends list, and after refreshing servers you will see the server he's playing on.

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Sometimes the serverlists won't show all servers. You can join any servers that is online by using the ip/port. You can do this in Commander or in Operation Arrowhead multiplayer tab.

Edited by Jukez
  • Like 1

Check your sever filter options, there may be the problem. You can also search for the specific server by enering the server number in the filter options, for instance "DE 1234"

There is a search button at the top of Six Launcher btw :)

What i do, is Launch Six Launcher, Verify/Update and everything, then i DO NOT click a server to join, i just click Launch.

(This runs Arma and makes sure DayZ is allgood and what not)

Then i go into the Multiplayer Lobby.

Click filter, and set my host name to "NZ" as i play on NZ servers only. Refresh a few times and it'll show em all with NZ in name.

You and your mate probably know what servers you want to join, lowest ping etc. So find the name of em eg "US" and set that for the host name in the filter!

Then its easy to navigate and find each other, join servers, without having to launch into them from sixlauncher and not getting it etc.

Good luck :3

If one of you finds a working server, you can find their server IP using: http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Once you have the IP, launch Dayz via pressing Launch on the six launcher (no server selected), select multiplayer once the the game comes up, then paste the IP address into the remote option and you should be able to find their server.