Publik

Establishing a Player-Run NW Airfield Depot

Know what? No. Fuck you guys. I'm gonna do this anyways. You're the vocal minority of shitty people the games industry has produced. Want to shoot me at 800+m with your DMR and do heli gunruns on the field? By all means, I welcome you to it. Gonna shoot me with your MP5SD? Come at me, bro. If you see me in-game my name is Jeff. I welcome the fucking challenge.

anteater.jpg

In Dayz's current state this is likely not going to work. Too many trolls that want to ruin it for the fun of it. Too many sadistic players that want to see others suffer. Too many bandits being greedy. On top of that players server hopping will teleport in grab stuff and leave the server. There will never be enough to satisfy everyones greed.

I think a large clan or group with a preexisting hierarchy has thepotential to take over, hold and regulate an area. Maybe something like what players do in Eve. But right now the server hopping would ruin even that.

In Dayz's current state this is likely not going to work. Too many trolls that want to ruin it for the fun of it. Too many sadistic players that want to see others suffer. Too many bandits being greedy. On top of that players server hopping will teleport in grab stuff and leave the server. There will never be enough to satisfy everyones greed.

I think a large clan or group with a preexisting hierarchy has thepotential to take over' date=' hold and regulate an area. Maybe something like what players do in Eve. But right now the server hopping would ruin even that.

[/quote']

Yeah, people will be greedy. However, there's no way to carry all of the gear out of NW airfield.

Hello first post btw.

Why do the work for them? Im all for helping people (noobs) who deserve loot, but why dont we get a bregade of 5+ people, a heli, and loot the fields and drop shit at random points on the spawn, or give it to noobs. We shouldnt need to guard shit for hungry douchebags to take.

Im all for my idea, but like this whole thread said, loot protecting the best spot in the game IS a death sentense.

Come at me' date=' bro. If you see me in-game my name is Jeff. I welcome the fucking challenge.

[/quote']

Sure thing, which server you on, 'bro'.

Why do the work for them? Im all for helping people (noobs) who deserve loot' date=' but why dont we get a bregade of 5+ people, a heli, and loot the fields and drop shit at random points on the spawn, or give it to noobs. We shouldnt need to guard shit for hungry douchebags to take.

Im all for my idea, but like this whole thread said, loot protecting the best spot in the game IS a death sentense.

[/quote']

I'd be doing it for me. People that help loot get first dibs. If someone wants to wait at the pile for people to drop stuff, fine. They'll get the scraps. If they want to help, they're working for it.

There is no guarding. That's the beauty of it. The access to the gear is unregulated. Someone can come in and take what they want and leave. As long as the loot chain is left alone, the good gear shows up. If the chain is broken by one asshole with an MP5SD, then the chain stops. That asshole could have taken gear to another server to troll with, but now the chain is broken and they get no more gear.

Come at me' date=' bro. If you see me in-game my name is Jeff. I welcome the fucking challenge.

[/quote']

Sure thing, which server you on, 'bro'.

None yet, college. I've got a paper and then we'll see if you can find me.

You said 'come at me, bro' at then expect me to find which server you are on?

LOL

You said 'come at me' date=' bro' at then expect me to find which server you are on?

LOL

[/quote']

Why should I make it easy on you? You're a big bad bandit, you should be able to figure it out on your own. Also, I'm not yet on a server, if you could read.

oh ok so I am supposed to go server searching for a guy who is claiming he is a badass and that I should 'come at him' even though he is too much of a coward to say what server he is going to be on?

Thats rich.

You said 'come at me' date=' bro' at then expect me to find which server you are on?

LOL

[/quote']

Why should I make it easy on you? Also, I'm not yet on a server, if you could read.

Publik

This can and has been done. Using barbed wire and sandbags you can make proper defenses. With roving patrols, you wont need to worry about snipers, as you will know what is out there at all times.

When [Legion] was around we did it and it worked for almost 5 days. We had a huge stockpile, and were even trading guns and specialty ammo for blood bags. It worked great, and I got to see every kind of weapon spawn.

TL:DR

Screw the haters, IT HAS BEEN DONE.

Publik---> Check ur PMs

Publik

This can and has been done. Using barbed wire and sandbags you can make proper defenses. With roving patrols' date=' you wont need to worry about snipers, as you will know what is out there at all times.

When [Legion'] was around we did it and it worked for almost 5 days. We had a huge stockpile, and were even trading guns and specialty ammo for blood bags. It worked great, and I got to see every kind of weapon spawn.

TL:DR

Screw the haters, IT HAS BEEN DONE.

Publik---> Check ur PMs

but legion also kicked a lot of people from their server

oh shit... why did we bring legion up

oh ok so I am supposed to go server searching for a guy who is claiming he is a badass and that I should 'come at him' even though he is too much of a coward to say what server he is going to be on?

Thats rich.

LOL

[/quote']

Why should I make it easy on you? Also, I'm not yet on a server, if you could read.

Soon as I can stop replying to you and get my paper done, I'll be online. Sorry, DayZ is an anti-game. It's not supposed to be easy. But like I said, you're a big strong bandit with a super powerful gun. You can find little 'ol me, right?

Hmmm, well it has been said already but. You're only going to get getting the general bad portion of the community because the good tends to be bitched at.

For the majority the amount of people who are thinking to 'crash' the party as I believe I saw stated either generally are playing to be trolls or they have gone too long without a CoD Deathmatch.

Though I believe the major reason that this is being shot down is the fact that an ACTUAL organized group of quite reasonable size would be a lot more of a task for bandits to take out. They would need an equally large group, or some infiltration.

I'd be quite intrigued to see this come to realization. Because as they say you attract a lot more with you're using something sweet than something sour.

Don't lose your faith in this, just because you have people who speak ill of it and proclaim how easily it can be wrecked. Don't stop. If you get the group big enough and set up enough defenses. Then let them come. At the very least you'll be servicing the whole player base then, those who want to team up and survive. To form a community, and those who are looking for the TDM type of gameplay they get from CoD and BF. Because truth be told, I'd take the players who want a more casual experience over those who enjoy thinking that just because someone is going for something good they can turn it into a deathmatch and shut it down. Because as I saw in the thread you saw that picture it was only one guy doing the previous piles.

TL;DR

Don't lose faith in this. This is what the community needs, a positive goal. Letting the people who are vocal about wanting to ruin it stop the idea. Stops the community from potentially taking a REAL step in the direction of perhaps more organized and safer play for those who want to team up and survive.

' pid='63780' dateline='1337913093']

TL;DR

Don't lose faith in this. This is what the community needs' date=' a positive goal. Letting the people who are vocal about wanting to ruin it stop the idea. Stops the community from potentially taking a REAL step in the direction of perhaps more organized and safer play for those who want to team up and survive.

[/quote']

Faith++;

TL;DR

Don't lose faith in this. This is what the community needs' date=' a positive goal. Letting the people who are vocal about wanting to ruin it stop the idea. Stops the community from potentially taking a REAL step in the direction of perhaps more organized and safer play for those who want to team up and survive.

[/quote']

Faith++;

I've been out there with my two friends. And so far against better judgement went out of our way and exposing ourselves from our hiding spot to kill off a horde after a guy, we don't fire first, and I give blood transfusions out as I find people who need them.

My character hour wise has added up to about a week's worth of life.

And I've only been out to do good. I'm sad they removed the humanity system for one reason. I was going for a high score in humanity. I was up to 6,000 Humanity when he got rid of the number. :c

(( It's a lot harder to get it up than down. xD ))

' pid='63820' dateline='1337913961']

TL;DR

[/quote']

Faith++;

I've been out there with my two friends. And so far against better judgement went out of our way and exposing ourselves from our hiding spot to kill off a horde after a guy, we don't fire first, and I give blood transfusions out as I find people who need them.

And I've only been out to do good. I'm sad they removed the humanity system for one reason. I was going for a high score in humanity. I was up to 6,000 Humanity when he got rid of the number. :c

Lol. I'll be sure to PM you once I get this thing running.

' pid='63820' dateline='1337913961']

TL;DR

[/quote']

Faith++;

Lol. I'll be sure to PM you once I get this thing running.

I'm not saying that being a bandit is wrong. But it's more so their mindset. Earlier I heard a guy say he gunned a guy down because he heard their clan shot on sight.

He said the guy told him Congrats and such for having managed the kill, and it wasn't: "You noob. My clan will be on you like flies on shit." It was a good sporting attitude about it.

Which is wonderful. Even if it was a shot on sight the two of them could still be respectful people about it after.

' pid='63835' dateline='1337914170']

---Clipped---

Oh, being a bandit is fine. Being an asshole isn't. It's clear here that the latter is what's being so vocal. Crashing this party serves absolutely no purpose. Letting it go on nets you more loot to do whatever you want with. You can walk in and take some more ammo and go to another server and kill all the noobs you can find. It's sad that these assholes are here to ruin yet another good thing.

' pid='63835' dateline='1337914170']

---Clipped---

Oh' date=' being a bandit is fine. Being an asshole isn't. It's clear here that the latter is what's being so vocal. Crashing this party serves absolutely no purpose. Letting it go on nets you more loot to do whatever you want with. You can walk in and take some more ammo and go to another server and kill all the noobs you can find. It's sad that these assholes are here to ruin yet another good thing.

[/quote']

Yes they might be a bit mean spirited and attempting to stop a good thing. But to call them assholes and such gets us no where. ^^ I just hope that with time they start to see there is more to the mod than a TDM and such.

Until then. I'm good to sit in the Shadows and watch the computer through my Scope.

....have you stopped to think of one ready good reason for why this wont work? people can switch servers and suddenly you are invaded. they dont even need to travel if they are already there on another server. this wont work because metagame exists.

....have you stopped to think of one ready good reason for why this wont work? people can switch servers and suddenly you are invaded. they dont even need to travel if they are already there on another server. this wont work because metagame exists.

Which is why I need people acting as security. Even if one person goes down' date=' the rest of the people then know that something's up. As long as there aren't 20 open slots on the server, a huge group of people en masse can't get in. Additionally, even if a bandit manages to kill 3 or 4 people, they can just spawn back and get to the field again.

Bandit attacks? Kill him. Put [i']his loot in the pile. Bandit plays nicely? He gets some better gear and can go on his way.

' pid='63866' dateline='1337914760']

---Clipped---

Yes they might be a bit mean spirited and attempting to stop a good thing. But to call them assholes and such gets us no where. ^^ I just hope that with time they start to see there is more to the mod than a TDM and such.

Until then. I'm good to sit in the Shadows and watch the computer through my Scope.

I respect a real bandit, IE a player that survives* by killing other players. I don't respect these TDM kiddies who just kill other players for the hell of it.

*key word

still not sure if this guy is trolling or serious

Serious. I'm heading towards NW as you lurk. Got spawned on the E coast for some reason.

Nice thread full of a group that thinks it won't happen because it will be "raided." Let's put on our thinking caps and follow our logic train to where we can draw conclusions shall we? For one no server has been announced (and prolly won't be, keep the circle tight). So all your ideas of "it's gonna be raided" talk is going to be hard until you "know" where this stockpile is at.

Point two if they have a decent sized group (Let's say five for now) and the means to equip them good luck solo rambos taking them out. You aren't Rambo, you have the same blood at most that they have. You might get lucky and get a few but it only takes one, and when the secret is out (If you can even draw that conclusion which again, burden of knowledge!) guess what? They got their group to move their crap to another place.

NUMERO THREE: If another organized group takes the time and effort to assault them and take the stockpile then who says it's a failure? It took at least an equal amount of effort to take it as it did to build it. Actually it probably took more because you had to organize, find them, and then rather than trade or get whatever you wanted from the pile (which they said is up for everyone!) you decided to let greed (not a bad thing) or being a jerk (kinda a bad thing) to ruin something for everyone. Which they can then move to another server, change their names, and start all over again. Grats, you sure showed them.

Worth mentioning as well think of the friends they are going to make attempting this. Sure it might be a learning experience (they have others to help them that have succeeded!) but they will curry the favor fellow players who might then want to make it bigger and better. This has the potential to band many together for a common cause and should be encouraged if anything just to see where it leads. This game is an experiment, so let's....experiment...

Go for it man. My advice is to find six people you trust, get on a teamspeak(vent or whatever) coordinate a server you guys all can play on, and get the pile going. If you want other ideas PM me. If you happen to make it on a server I am on (and I find out) I will be glad to help out in whatever way (maybe as a supplier?)

I think a large clan or group with a preexisting hierarchy has thepotential to take over' date=' hold and regulate an area. Maybe something like what players do in Eve. But right now the server hopping would ruin even that.

[/quote']

Yeah, people will be greedy. However, there's no way to carry all of the gear out of NW airfield.

Hello first post btw.

Thanks! I do wish you luck with organizing this and hope to see a "Publik's Arms Exchange" in a server soon. Hopefully a better identification mechanic is introduced so people who are on a shit list can be recognized from a distance.