Publik

Establishing a Player-Run NW Airfield Depot

In Dayz's current state this is likely not going to work. Too many trolls that want to ruin it for the fun of it. Too many sadistic players that want to see others suffer. Too many bandits being greedy. On top of that players server hopping will teleport in grab stuff and leave the server. There will never be enough to satisfy everyones greed.

I think a large clan or group with a preexisting hierarchy has thepotential to take over' date=' hold and regulate an area. Maybe something like what players do in Eve. But right now the server hopping would ruin even that.

[/quote']

Yeah, people will be greedy. However, there's no way to carry all of the gear out of NW airfield.

Hello first post btw.

Thanks! I do wish you luck with organizing this and hope to see a "Publik's Arms Exchange" in a server soon. Hopefully a better identification mechanic is introduced so people who are on a shit list can be recognized from a distance.

Eh, for someone to get on the shit list they have to attack us first. Once they respawn, they gotta hoof it back, so any items they have on return will be minimal.

I like the name though :P Had another project, and someone suggested the name "Publik Housing".

It seems a bit difficult to organise, knowing that you would need a critical mass of people (say at least 5-6 at any time) holding the base non stop 24h/24h. Even with this pre requisite fulfilled, running it successfully for any significant period of time would be quite a challenge. Your organised group can fall into chaos just by being overwhelmed by a mass of "friendly" survivors who you don't know and can't control because there are more of them than the people you know. Same applies with swarms of bandits - sure they're probably not going to be organised, but if they start hitting from every side at the same time independently, things can go downhill really quick. And that's without metagaming problems.

It also seems to me that any organised trading post, survivor hq would probably survive better away from a major loot+PVP place, somewhere better hidden and more defend-able, where goods would flow rather than spawn. But since we all play across different servers, at different time zones etc, I still think anything like that will be very short lived. In DayZ Chernarus, anything that is not mobile seems doomed to a very short life.

I'd be curious to see what would happen though, but I'd be hidden in a bush and looking at that with binoculars for a while before I'd get anywhere near it.

Being a bandit is the easy mode way to play this game.

There have been so many opportunities where I could have gunned down my fellow survivors for their superior gear, but instead I just let them run on by without them ever knowing I was there. The only times I have died (since my first attempts at ladders and finding out how zombies work :P) are when i have gone to help another survivor and bandits have shot me whilst giving a blood transfusion, giving out painkillers, morphine, or other helpful things.

All it takes to kill someone in this game is a shot with a CZ550 whilst someone is looting. Otherwise newly spawned bandits just run at noobs with the Makarov until they luck out, or fire, kill, disconnect to drop zombies, reconnect, loot (or just leave the corpse to rot, since 90% of the time the bandit will be too scared to run in and loot for fear of being killed). The amount of noobs in this game who think that killing other players is actually a challenge is mind-blowing. The difficult part of DayZ is remaining a calm, helpful and civililized member of society and surviving against the mass influx of trolls and COD kids. Maintaining your humanity is the difficult part of this mod, and bandits are simply opportunists who have taken the easy way out. Killing others just because they may kill you is not the morally "right" thing to do and everyone should know that.

Go ahead and ask which server I play on because you will be wasting your time, I play on the Korean server hosted by CNG, I won't be waiting for you or asking you to "come at me bro". You may well even kill me, at most all you will gain is a few blood packs which will be of no use to you.

I'm in. Interesting mission, even if it fails. Kinda hardcore because you'll probably have to deal with the worst people there are in dayz but that gives me the chance to shoot some of those parasitic bandits.

Heroes on a mission! ;-)

Edit: Really, all it hinges on is if we can communicate. If anyone wants to participate and has a TS server, we can go tonight.

This sounds stupid, insane, and glorious. I'm interested, due for a death, and looking to be part of a group for the first time.

If you're interested, toss me a PM. We need a TS or Vent or whatever. If you've already expressed interest, check your PMs.