Publik

Establishing a Player-Run NW Airfield Depot

Original thread here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6849 since it doesn't look like many people read the Survivor HQ subforum.

Idea is to set up a player-run item depot on the NW airfield. Loot everything from the airfield, stick it in a pile in the middle, and let people take what they want. I want some feedback. Anyone like the idea or want to try it?

Sure, sounds like a great idea. Let me know what server you do this on. I cant wait to snipe people checking the pile from 800m+ away with my DMR and making heli gunruns on the field.

Awesome idea bro!

Hehe, sounds like you are just moving the deathmatch zone from Cherno/Elektro a little north to the airport. I'm a lone wolf player that avoids the high traffic areas but I'm a friendly so I'll be following this idea to see what comes of it. Best of luck!

Sure' date=' sounds like a great idea. Let me know what server you do this on. I cant wait to snipe people checking the pile from 800m+ away with my DMR and making heli gunruns on the field.

Awesome idea bro!

[/quote']

K, we'll let you run out of ammo. We'll have plenty.

Maybe we put the piles in one of the hangars.

I've done loot-piling at the NW airfield barracks before, and after you do it a few times you realize that AKMs, AK74s, and even M16s aren't really worth much. But you just wait until somebody finds an M107, or NVGs. There will be blood.

I've done loot-piling at the NW airfield barracks before' date=' and after you do it a few times you realize that AKMs, AK74s, and even M16s aren't really worth much. But you just wait until somebody finds an M107, or NVGs. There will be blood.

[/quote']

Which is why everything is regulated. Want something rare? Stick around and help, you'll get first dibs. Any fighting is put down by the people working there.

Great in theory' date=' would never work in practice

[/quote']

Never know unless you try. I need volunteers.

It only works in small groups of five maybe six people sadly. But still I'm interested if anything comes out of this, as long as my tent is fucked and I can't place it to stash all the goods in it I'm not really playing this but I'm still interested.

Also giving us info about which server this is on would be great. I might be even wanting to help out.

This would never ever ever ever EVER work. It's an interesting idea, but it isn't going to happen with random people.

I haven't set anything up yet, since I've got college to work on for another few hours. I really just want to see the interest and get people on board.

You need a small group to do the looting efficiently, but a larger group for security.

What server will this be on?

Don't know yet, need a group first. Any volunteers?

Great in theory' date=' would never work in practice

[/quote']

It works fine in practice, it just has to be tightly regulated. We did it once, and realized that it's just far too much effort to allow outsiders in. OP, for the best chance at this to work, lock it down, shoot everything on sight that isn't with you, and when you guys are done for the night, just leave the loot piles for the scavengers to pick through, it's the best thing to do.

You are honestly just asking to get dropped and robbed.

So? Death isn't harsh. Instead of being pessimistic, why not volunteer? What do you have to lose?

So? Death isn't harsh. Instead of being pessimistic' date=' why not volunteer? What do you have to lose?

[/quote']I'm not being pessimistic, you are planning on setting up a supply cache in a high traffic zone. All it takes is one scout to report his findings to his clan and next thing you know 20 people are crawling all over the place taking everything.

Just sayin'

Let us all know when you do this. I'll be there to shoot you and anyone assisting. Thanks for compiling everything into an easy to reach place for me.

So? Death isn't harsh. Instead of being pessimistic' date=' why not volunteer? What do you have to lose?

[/quote']I'm not being pessimistic, you are planning on setting up a supply cache in a high traffic zone. All it takes is one scout to report his findings to his clan and next thing you know 20 people are crawling all over the place taking everything.

Just sayin'

And if you do this on a high-pop server? Where there are maybe 5 open slots at a time? And if you see an influx of clannies you grab the best stuff and go elsewhere?

Sure, DayZ is currently just a bunch of assholes shooting each other for teh lulz, but I have some hope that a few dedicated people can actually make something awesome out of it.

Let us all know when you do this. I'll be there to shoot you and anyone assisting. Thanks for compiling everything into an easy to reach place for me.

My God, this fucking community. Go the hell back to CoD. /rage

Please let us know what server you plan to do this on. Im going to fraps the whole messy ordeal.

Original thread here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6849 since it doesn't look like many people read the Survivor HQ subforum.

Idea is to set up a player-run item depot on the NW airfield. Loot everything from the airfield' date=' stick it in a pile in the middle, and let people take what they want. I want some feedback. Anyone like the idea or want to try it?

[/quote']

It seems awesome. Too bad I'll be one of the guys crashing your party with a silenced MP5

Sure' date=' sounds like a great idea. Let me know what server you do this on. I cant wait to snipe people checking the pile from 800m+ away with my DMR and making heli gunruns on the field.

Awesome idea bro!

[/quote']

Please let us know what server you plan to do this on. Im going to fraps the whole messy ordeal.

It seems awesome. Too bad I'll be one of the guys crashing your party with a silenced MP5

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg?1316330080

Anyone actually interested?

From the above posts, sounds like a death sentence for those tasked with guarding the pile.

Sounds like a death sentence for those tasked with guarding the pile.

Why guard the pile? It's open for anyone to take.

No because it is the second dumbest idea posted on the forums, only topped by carebears wanting the PVP removed/friendly-only servers.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg?1316330080

Anyone actually interested?