Sign in to follow this  
dev0

New ETA for 1.7.2.5?

The thread on 1.7.2.5 specifies an ETA of 1. of August for the patch, which was 2 days ago. On the Machinima Q&A Rocket said he will actually make 1.7.2.5 not a hotfix, but a full fletched patch with new features, etc (e.g. reintroducing bandits distinguishers). Since our squad is having heavy issues with the polygon glitches around military loot spots, we are really keen to see 1.7.2.5 released. Is there a new ETA for the patch? When can we expect the bug fixes to be rolled out?

On the Machinima Q&A Rocket said he will actually make 1.7.2.5 not a hotfix, but a full fletched patch with new features, etc (e.g. reintroducing bandits distinguishers)

Do you have a sauce for this?

On-topic: I have no idea for a new ETA, unfortunately.

I don't know but there are numerous methods suggested on here to get rid of it. Personally I use the memory flush method, 100% successful for me.

• Like 1

On-topic: I have no idea for a new ETA, unfortunately.

Starts around the 24 minute mark.

• Like 2

Also he didn't say he "WOULD", I believe he said he was trying to.

The source would be: the Machinima livestream, now youtube video of them being put in thunderdome over and over again.

I've tried literally everything and I can't spend ANY time in Cherno, Berezino, NW Airfield, Balota, or Stary. It's frustrating.

He tells so in

I've tried literally everything and I can't spend ANY time in Cherno, Berezino, NW Airfield, Balota, or Stary. It's frustrating.

This.

Edited by dev0

Did you try turning Vsync off ?

From the thread you posted:

3. Think everything needs to be fixed now. I've said it will go standalone, that is obvious. It has caused massive sales. But I need concrete stuff, something worth saying, before I come to you and tell you something. I've said it will happen, and this will affect the direction of the mod. There is only so much that can be done in the mod, to the point where diminishing returns apply. Not all bugs can be fixed easily, and many would be much easier (or only possible) in the standalone version directly in source. Yes, this sucks, but that's the nature of the beast and the fact is: the mod is fairly playable in its current state for the vast majority of people.

4. Think the project is dead/dying/gotyay. DayZ is nothing more than an effective message and precursor to something more. The timeframes can be shorter than you think, because of the wealth of data obtained.. .that you guys have provided. As always, follow my advice of maintaining a sense of adventure and a spirit of exploration with the project. If not, you're gonna have a bad time.

So...don't hold your breath.

You want to set your texture details to low(the one above video memory) and video memory to defualt

From the thread you posted:

So...don't hold your breath.

Rocket is working on those fixes and they will come for the mod. So much is pretty much clear. In fact, the thread states, that the part regarding wire fences is fixed already, the fix just hasn't been published yet. I'm just looking for a new ETA for the upcoming patch. Personally I don't think it's a good idea to defer a patch which will include fixes for some pretty serious bugs just to bundle some new features with it.