kitta

People shooting unarmed people, why?

One time, me and my friend were at the school in Elektro, when all of the sudden an unarmed player runs in with like 5-6 zombies after him. We kill all the zombies, the guy runs downstairs, finds a gun and then he tries to kill us. I have never trusted an unarmed player ever since.

Edited by SadPanda

You see, there are these dumbfuck cod-mindset bandits, who just want another fps. This is the kind that really likes unarmed players because it's so easy to get the kills.

Then you will occasionally find these bandits who sometimes play in groups, and who doesn't even go to Cherno or Elektro. This is most likely because they want a challenge. This is the kind of bandit that will look at you for a while, check your patterns, see if you play aggressively or safely. This is the kind of bandit i like. They don't die as often either, probably because they don't just fire away, but actually manages to check several directions. This kind of bandit knows that this is not cod.

• Like 1

People kill unarmed people because there are people like this lurking around.

/thread

• Like 1

You are a disgrace to gamers everywhere. People like you ought to have their IDs database-banned for admitting to this behavior and attitude--the community would benefit from it. Shame on you.

Sorry mate I can't hear you the breaking bones are too damn loud.

If it makes you feel a bit better, we killed him shortly after. Next one won't be that lucky.

This game does have no rules and I can assure you that in real live I wouldn't do such a thing, afterall this is a game. A game without consequences.

Also no I'm not duping items but sometimes I get lucky and find stuff from other people or hackers, only to get it deleted by the tent bug. [Yes I do take stuff from hackers, problem?]

Edit: kleineviech did you accidently give me beans ?

Edited by SirSlayer

I killed a guy yesterday who claims he didn't have any ammo so when I turned around to let him live he shot me once in the leg so I lit his ass up. I will kill anything with a pulse.

If they've seen me they're dead

No witnesses.

They could have friends with guns tha they'll lead to me.

They could find a weapon soon after and kill me.

Also sometimes they smell bad :c

• Like 2

They could have friends with guns tha they'll lead to me.

They could find a weapon soon after and kill me.

Exactly

Being a massive dick isn't mandatory you know.

Just a couple of days ago I took a bus to Elektro for lulz and ended up picking up 2 random armed guys, one who was royally fucked at the time with about 15 zombies chasing him, and I drove them to Cherno to continue their looting, then looked for more survivors to help in Cherno. It was quite fun. And I didn't get killed.

Yes, the game is full of dicks, but you don't need to be a sheep and join them, just do your own thing, take risks, that's what makes DayZ fun.

• Like 6

this game is a mirror of the real life. we probably should be grateful you express your disposition in this game, it lessens the chance you abuse animals and children in the real world - 'because you can'

You sir should stop playing this GAME. If you can't handle a game without set rules maybe you shouldn't try to make other people play after yours.

This game (just like EVE) is not about "real life morales". It is a simulation of interaction of people after a zombie apocalypse. Who knows, if one breaks out I might be breaking your bones, so the zombies stop and eat you instead of me ;)

Because it's funny? I don't hang around the south part anymore, but I also used to shoot everything on sight. Nowadays I wait for them to completely loot Stary and then I shoot them in the face, just because it's more funny to kill them after they found their cool gear.

And don't forget, if you're in Cherno or Elektro and some unarmed guy runs around, he may pick up a weapon within the next minute and shoot you the next moment. So better safe than sorry.

You sound like the kind of person I've killed before. Many times.

The problem is that DMers just want to play a game. They tell people "dude it's just a game!" and get defensive when gamers want more than the daily shoot em up. These kind of people NEED to be shunned, and pretty much thrown out of the community, because a community is only as strong as its weakest link. Anyone that can't see DayZ for more than a deathmatch in a zombie setting, or only see it as "just a game" is very, very weak indeed.

this game is a mirror of the real life. we probably should be grateful you express your disposition in this game, it lessens the chance you abuse animals and children in the real world - 'because you can'

you obviouly draw satisfaction from causing discomfort to others. I'd give you beans out of pity and compassion, but you might misunderstand it as encouragment. Hope your life gets better soon, must be a miserable existance.

And the reward for most retarded post of the thread goes to e47. "This game is a mirror of the real life" haha. It's a video game dude. Not everyone takes it as seriously. Some of the most hardcore pvpers I know are the nicest guys I've ever met in real life, and funnily enough one of the biggest assholes I know in real life tries to play as a friendly survivor. It's a game and how you play it doesn't say anything about your real personality.

• Like 3

The problem is that DMers just want to play a game. They tell people "dude it's just a game!" and get defensive when gamers want more than the daily shoot em up. These kind of people NEED to be shunned, and pretty much thrown out of the community, because a community is only as strong as its weakest link. Anyone that can't see DayZ for more than a deathmatch in a zombie setting, or only see it as "just a game" is very, very weak indeed.

It seems as if some of the sandbox sand got into your eyes or where is that tear coming from ?

One day I logged in and 5 seconds I say two guys (Bandits) with another unarmed player. Guy: are youfriendly, are you fri- Bandit's: bang bang THe guy dies there infront of my eyes. WIthout any other choice I shoot one bandit in the face, he dies, the other shoot's me twice I shoot some rounds into him before that. THey both bleed to death.

Ill kill an unarmed if I just happen to run into them, I'm not going to waste my time searching for people to kill who have absolutely nothing, that being said, two quick shots from a FAL and back to respawn, I'm not going to waste your time by breaking your legs and all that shit.

Freshly geared survivors heading north? Oh yes please..Give me your colas and beans.

I do not understand why some people want penalties for being a bandit. It's just plain stupid. There should be a system that improves everything done in a group, like the amount of supplies found instead of empty tin cans and bottles, but I highly doubt that A2 engine allows stuff like that.

I have nothing against people who play like REAL bandits. The only people I have something against is people who just shoot someone who doesn't have anything, not even the starter bag on his back cold blooded.

//wall of text

New Players Think There's Only 2 Kind Of Players In Day Z, But Its Not True.

There's Survivor & Bandits Of Course, But We Have Sub-Categories Also.

Survivor ----> Can Be Medic*(Only Help People In Medical Condition)

----> Can Be Hero*(Help Every One! And Try To Evade Fire Fight Most Of The Time)

----> Can Be Normal Survivor*(Help Most Of The People Except Bandits And Other Weird People)

----> Probably More

Bandits ----> Can Be Thief*(Steal Vehicles And Camp And Kill Only In Last Resort)

----> Can Be Murder*(Scum That Kill Every One On Sight)

----> Can Be Mercenary*(Only Kill When He Want Something, Mercenaries Normally Horde Vehicles And Guns In Hidden Camps)

----> Can Be Clan Bandits*(Kill Everybody On Sight, Except Others From The Clan/Group)

----> Can Be Normal Bandits*(Kill Everybody, Except New Players / Unarmed People E.c.t)

----> Probably More

That's My Personal View About It :)

And The Game As No Rules (Almost), So You Can Do Whatever You Want!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Edited by Duffman

It's not really, simply for the fact that most people don't care. You might cite the OP as a case in point, but that's really after a number of times and he's come here to comment on the state of the game. He's not raging with tears, just trying to understand a portion of the game. If someone killed me in game for no reason I'd roll my eyes. the fact you get satisfaction out of that makes you seem pretty pathetic imo. >.>

Just going to say there might not be a reason that you could think of. fuck survival of the fittest i play in a group and a dead body isnt going to raid your tent later on after it gears it self up in cherno. if i have a gun and you dont im not sharing my food this aint playschool cunt.

This makes me think there should be some sort of karma system and that karma effects what loots spawns and whatnot for you.

Killing unarmed people? Karma loss. Attacking other players? Karma loss.

THATS SOOO CUTE

pretty much thrown out of the community, because a community is only as strong as its weakest link. Anyone that can't see DayZ for more than a deathmatch in a zombie setting, or only see it as "just a game" is very, very weak indeed.

He thinks this game is not a game. i mean realistic zombies for fuck sake.. WTF DOES THAT MEAN?

This game comes with two mouse buttons on default with a weapon.which one you press makes you a differant person?

"Hey ive been working for days getting all my gear and you just have a shitty Winchester Im not going to shoot you tho you can have my shit i like wasting my time"

This makes me think there should be some sort of karma system and that karma effects what loots spawns and whatnot for you.

Killing unarmed people? Karma loss. Attacking other players? Karma loss.

yeah then if you help 10 people with blood bags you can walk on water and turn water to wine and double your food n shit.

This is why we dont do crack kids

Only thing a bandit thinks about when he kills some unarmed cunt is where the next one is. just because you dont play the game a certain way does not mean its wrong. its a Sandbox. if i want to crush glass and make a sandcastle so when people stomp it down they cut there feet i will

Jesus

Bandits are part of the game.

Bandits shoot people.

Deal with it bro.

Perhaps if you were more careful you wouldn't get shot...

When I get unarmed killed I dont get mad, I start again and go for revenge.

Bandits irl would rather avoiding the killing, stealing pisses people off well killing only makes them enemy's. Look at pirates they do a show of force but typically don't slaughter the crew or kill another, because their task becomes harder and more dangerous if to do kill someone.

To say bandits kill shows a lack of information on how such criminal activity really play out.

But as for this issue it only ruins the game by keeping that death match mentality going, which doesn't exist in real life except in very rare cases.

Sandbox isn't free for all it is meant to be player run and when most players are a-holes you get a crappy community. that is the issue because most players have low intelligence and/or imagination they do the simplest thing they can, shoot anything that moves. sandbox means do what you can, you can kill people on sight or try to take stuff over, roleplay, do something other then what you are told you can do. sandbox is great on paper because on paper people aren't dicks in real life they are and because most follow the lowest common denominator it screws every in the community.

DayZ will only work if the community grows up and stops playing like little brats.

I'm not saying eliminate pvp I saying stop killing for the sake of killing and thing might get better.

Edited by Zera_Grey
  • Like 4