Publik

Event: Freeside Trading Co. Open Trading - 8/3 - 8/5

Good trades guys! Keep up this great company. Special thanks to Vulf and Don. I am young nigga and my Partner clitkilla!

Good trades guys! Keep up this great company. Special thanks to Vulf and Don. I am young nigga and my Partner clitkilla!

Hey Young, it's me GLaDOS, thanks for the M9 SD again! I really appreciate it, and I hope to see you soon.

Everyone on the server got killed by some douche hacker. When me and my friend arrived back at the location, most stuff we traded were removed from our bodies. And the FTC people were already there. They said they'd "Conduct a search." Yea...Right...

They're pretty paranoid, mostly because they have shitty ideas regarding places to host such events. One does not simply uses the factory for an event envolving high quality gear.

Other than that, they're pretty honest but slow in the negotiations, they seem to work in separate cells. I didn't see much communication/integration between them.

Well, that's it. Satchel charge explosions, other fucked up stuff like that. Telling you to sit down, gigantic amount of dead bodies they killed, wasn't a good experience. I hope you guys improve it before I attend to another trading section.

Best advice if you want to trade with them: Be objective. Don't waste time.

• Like 2

Everyone on the server got killed by some douche hacker. When me and my friend arrived back at the location, most stuff we traded were removed from our bodies. And the FTC people were already there. They said they'd "Conduct a search." Yea...Right...

They're pretty paranoid, mostly because they have shitty ideas regarding places to host such events. One does not simply uses the factory for an event envolving high quality gear.

Other than that, they're pretty honest but slow in the negotiations, they seem to work in separate cells. I didn't see much communication/integration between them.

Well, that's it. Satchel charge explosions, other fucked up stuff like that. Telling you to sit down, gigantic amount of dead bodies they killed, wasn't a good experience. I hope you guys improve it before I attend to another trading section.

Haters gon hate^^^

Hey Young, it's me GLaDOS, thanks for the M9 SD again! I really appreciate it, and I hope to see you soon.

No problem dude I'll add you next time I'm on.

If Freeside are hackers, then they wouldn't need to fear other hackers. They did a decent job defending the base the last time i attended, but there were only bandit raids, and not a lot of hacker attacks.

Anyways, it felt like some kind of illegal underground trading event. We were in constant fear of getting shot by bandits, shot by their own guards, attacked by zombies, etc. Everyone was nervous but it was fun, and real. Too bad about the hacker attacks.

This idea is simply retarded with the current state of the game.

That said, it will be awesome once hacking and d/cing are a thing of the past.

Freeside trading is a bunch of hacking d/cer's. Isn't that right Xyro? D/c when in danger and then your hacker friends come and teleport to where your getting shot from?

Says the ghetto ghosting d/c'r. Yes, I'll be the first to admit I battle logged after you took shots at me. Now take into context as to why I did.

You logged in...in the middle of a field, in a tree. How do I know this? Because I was assigned the north/western field/road. It was impossible for you to get to where you were with out myself or one of our other perimeter snipers spotting you, it was practically a big pine tree in an open field (You were inside the pine tree at the edge of the broken stone wall next to the road). One of our thermal spotters picked you up and I kept eyes on you ever since. I was watching you for 15+ minuets, never taking a shot...due to our ROE (Rules of Engagement), which have now been become more strict for people such of yourself.

Previously, we wouldn't engage anyone who doesn't take shots on you, now if there are suspect people, such as yourself, ghosting into treelines and watching our op for a shady amount of time, you'll be taken out. This isn't the first or second time something like this has happened, but it will be the last.

Shortly before you took shots on me, we dispatched an employee up to your position (Name will be disclosed since I can't contact him currently), coming up on your rear. He was heading up the road, which from your manurisms you completely missed, which was a little pitiful considering you had a thermal. After you took 4-5 shots at me, broke my legs and bleed me out, I logged. Right after, the previously mentioned member who was about to engage in direct comms to verify your intentions (who was about 100 or so meters from you), opened up on you. Funny enough, from comms chatter and watching the lobby...when shots we rang out on yourself, you completely logged from the server.

No idea where your getting this hacking and teleporting accusations from, but seeing as how fast you logged out I don't think you'd be able to spot a nuke going off. I also don't have to alternate my fourm and in game name, right Ninja? I don't need to hide.

Edited by Xyro

This idea is simply retarded with the current state of the game.

That said, it will be awesome once hacking and d/cing are a thing of the past.

Yes, hackers and ghosters are a big problem, but if you've talked to anyone who has been to previous ops (we've had many), they can vouch that it can be much fun and profitable. We've only been hit by insta kill scripts twice (today included) and victims of a hacked items during our 3 or 4th op (we've been doing this for a few months now).

More times than not, our own employees are victims to ghosters/hackers more than anyone else (if we lost any traders/customers today, it was a first to my knowledge, other than server kill scripts). Yes it's a risk, it can be a rush...but honestly what else are you going to do in DayZ other than camp *Insert random high frequency point here* (if that's your thing) or try and set up a camp and stash items that will be found by bandits/hackers?

Without any other true endgame in DayZ right now, this meta gaming is what's going to keep DayZ fresh and entertaining.

Hehe, send my best regards to Killa again, Shadow23. I was the guy who came up behind him after he logged in 35m from my position and put a gun to his head interogating him. The only reason I was light on the trigger is I remember you guys from a previous Devils Castle op :D

Hope all went well for you guys!

Edited by Xyro

The truth is Sai, we have to be paranoid, within reason. Before you guys got there we had two guys acting as a trader who lit up a trader and one of our other guys, later someone ghosted in near the traders and killed another, we have to do our best to minimise the amount if time we spend keeping an eye on the customers so we can keep an eye on the ghosters/troublemakers, every time one gets up and moves because they decide they don't like the wall, or the bit of trash next to you, it takes our attention away.

As for the negotiations, we tend not to sell FTC stuff, we primarily facilitate trade between other players, sometimes our members may trade if it is quiet which today it most certainly was not.

During the event we were hacked 3 times if not more, once we had a boat spawned on a member, then the server was mass instagib'd and we all re-spawned ran back and continued (at which point I actually ran with you and said we would do our best to get your stuff back) and finally the entire servers vehicles (including our own) were moved to our location and blown up. We don't even think it's one person, we ban every hacker we can unless they have a lot of money for new keys.

We didn't have to keep the server up or even continue the trading event after that, the usual protocol is to shut the server down (which would have despawned your bodies) and deal with the hacker.

However I will be the first to say that our communication needs work, it is No 1 priority at the moment and moves are being made to improve it, how you know how / how well we communicate though I would like to know.

I could go on but I think you get the idea, I am sorry to everyone who was involved that was killed by the hackers and to Sai/his group who lost some valuable equipment. I did donate some FTC and personal equipment to those who had nothing at all, unfortunately we can only do so much.

Freeside trading is a bunch of hacking d/cer's. Isn't that right Xyro? D/c when in danger and then your hacker friends come and teleport to where your getting shot from?

See above, if we hacked none of that would be an issue.

Edited by Vulwulf

"SirTai - Everyone on the server got killed by some douche hacker. When me and my friend arrived back at the location, most stuff we traded were removed from our bodies. And the FTC people were already there. They said they'd "Conduct a search." Yea...Right..."

We did do an investigation and banned someone who was porting around, threw multiple gernades right before the insta kill script went out. We had multiple Freeside members spawn near Solichny (sp?) and then use one of our vehicles that we had at the factory to recover other members.

"SirTai - They're pretty paranoid, mostly because they have shitty ideas regarding places to host such events. One does not simply uses the factory for an event envolving high quality gear.

Other than that, they're pretty honest but slow in the negotiations, they seem to work in separate cells. I didn't see much communication/integration between them."

Paranoid? Yes. Because we're a small group handling and worrying about the safety of customers and over seeing trades, while getting a stream of reports of ghosters, bandits and customers coming to the compound. This week we experimented with The Factory as a trade location (we've used two others in the past). We're trying to find a sweet spot in location, security and ease to get to for customers. We do work in seperate channels/groups on our TS, in which we have whisper lists set up between them all for constant communication. If you doubt any of this, we welcome you Bro guys to join our public channels in TS during our next op.

"SirTai - Well, that's it. Satchel charge explosions, other fucked up stuff like that. Telling you to sit down, gigantic amount of dead bodies they killed, wasn't a good experience. I hope you guys improve it before I attend to another trading section.

Best advice if you want to trade with them: Be objective. Don't waste time."

We instruct customers to sit down to identify hostiles when they stand and to limit and prevent anyone stealing from one another, there's a reason for everything we do, even if it isn't obvious to the person on the outside looking in. There was no satchel charge explosion, if there was the factory would be leveled. There was hacked explosion sounds near the base, then gernades thrown even further away from it (the hacker who was banned in one of my previous posts). Deady bodies? Well with constant zombies spawns that happens. We killed a few turncoat customers, who unfortunatly killed some Freeside employees before they were dropped.

We keep ours ops as secure, fun and profitable for customers as possible. Hackers, ghosters and spies (turncoat customers) will always be an issue, yet with every op that passes we learn and improve. Write us off if you will, but as I've mentioned previously there are many who have traded and prospered from us and we thank those people. To those of you who are true to Freeside, keep on coming out and so will we. Until next week, Xyro out. Stay safe and stay alive!

I found last nights run to be quite the experience, first time being nuked.

But I agree with no one on the matter of how annoying/strict FTC personnel are, since they were doing a good job protecting us, only problem I had (beside being nuked) was Kurkistans LMG pointed at our head and I know it's because of other players shooting us in the middle but still.

I waited scoping out the Factory for a while at first since it looked like it wasn't safe.

Edited by *Regulator*Outypoo

I found last nights run to be quite the experience, first time being nuked.

But I agree with no one on the matter of how annoying/strict FTC personnel are, since they were doing a good job protecting us, only problem I had (beside being nuked) was Kurkistans LMG pointed at our head and I know it's because of other players shooting us in the middle but still.

I waited scoping out the Factory for a while at first since it looked like it wasn't safe.

I think he's quite fond of that M240, he has it every time I see him, it's intimidating isn't it? And might make some troublemakers think twice.

As for scoping the place out before hand, be careful from now on, we are taking a harsher stance on those who act suspiciously within visual range as per Xyros' post above.

Edited by Vulwulf
  • Like 1

Yesterday was the 2nd trading event of FTC' I have attended. Both times were tense, scary, and fun as hell, plus me friends and I walked away with the better "lootz".

Vul, you are by far our favorite guard, and you don't freak out when I hit the wrong key and stand up on accident. (Beans for that!) Mal keeps wanting us to leave you some meds, since you have died twice watching out for us, so we will have to drop some off for you next time we stop by.

As a side note, yesterday's location wasn't my favorite. Way too small a space to be packed in when that ghost showed up. Praise Jah he didn't have a grenade! Just a thought guys, but something a little more spaced out would be nice, if you can swing it.

Thanks for setting this up for us, and I hope to see more events soon.

Yesterday was the 2nd trading event of FTC' I have attended. Both times were tense, scary, and fun as hell, plus me friends and I walked away with the better "lootz".

Vul, you are by far our favorite guard, and you don't freak out when I hit the wrong key and stand up on accident. (Beans for that!) Mal keeps wanting us to leave you some meds, since you have died twice watching out for us, so we will have to drop some off for you next time we stop by.

As a side note, yesterday's location wasn't my favorite. Way too small a space to be packed in when that ghost showed up. Praise Jah he didn't have a grenade! Just a thought guys, but something a little more spaced out would be nice, if you can swing it.

Thanks for setting this up for us, and I hope to see more events soon.

Thanks for the beans! And your feedback, the factory was a test and if we go back there, it will be improved greatly.

I try not to freak out about people standing up because if they intend to shoot then warning them will do nothing, I just stay prepared for either possibility.

Don't worry about bringing meds, we have a lot, though that is kind of you, it is my job to die if I can save the customers, just a shame I couldn't save that first one nearest the door, may he rest in peace.

Edited by Vulwulf