SpeedyBanana

What a h**king joke...

Very unlucky. I've had the good fortune not to come in contact with any hackers yet. Although I've been purposely selecting my servers carefully just to avoid them.

If you were a hacker who had the intention of irritating strangers, you'd go for the largest servers available. I dig carefully for low population servers. Ones with decent ping. Where I don't need to play on nighttime servers just to avoid the hackers.

Takes longer to find those servers depending how close you are to peak hours (especially when the time is about 4am GMT) but dig hard enough and you'll find a gem soon enough.

Boy doesn't DAYZ have the best community around! We are such a open and welcoming community that when a new member reports a GAME BREAKING issue we actually berate him for getting hacked and actually make him feel like the bad guy for complaining about it..

We give helpful responses such as "you didnt pay for DAYZ"

Yeah because we all know that 90% of Arma 2 sales had NOTHING to do with playing DAYZ. I'm sure everyone is just sitting around pl;aying the crap out of arma 2 right now thinking that this is why they bought the game right?

Dont you just love those online offers where they says you will get a free xbox just for signing up for their email and then find out you have to make a certain purchase just to get the x-box. Sounds legit right? Just like the above statement.

If that response doesnt help the newcomer we then throw in the "its an alpha" and "you should of researched it " arguments.

That is a major help to someone who just bought the game and now cant even PLAY IT because of a game breaking bug for a few reasons:

1. It really demoralizes them to realize that they did research it by watching gameplay of it and hearing word of mouth, none of which mention that it is infested with hackers.

2. they then feel really stupid that they forgot this is a alpha so they are not allowed to be dissatisfied with the game AT ALL and if they are they are asked to leave or be quiet.

Boy are they stupid for thinking they should report GAME BREAKING issues to the community. Did they not hear the word "alpha" which automatically makes all the issues better?

In closing I just wanted to say I am proud to be a member of this kind and helpful community and hope that nothing ever changes with the way the community treats its members or the game itself which I think is perfect and should never change.

• Like 1

I understand that DayZ is not a product. However, he paid money for Arma 2 to play DayZ. He should at least have the option to play it, but he can't since he is unable to respawn. Most of us here have no interest in Arma II

then don't buy arma 2, how fucking hard is this to understand?

You can in fact use a ford taurus as a getaway car in a bank heist. If you get arrested during said getaway, you don't get a refund on the fucking car.

So many entitled little brats running around. It's not your fault you're a spoiled little cunt, it's your parents; they did a shit-lousy job teaching you. It is un-fucking-believable the level of stupidity that comes with "I bought this game, then added 3rd party shit to it that I don't like, so I want my money back". I've been handing out refunds today, if you want one, I'll happily mail you a check for the $0.00 you spent on DayZ. No matter what your motive for purchasing Arma2 was, you DID NOT, COULD NOT, AND CAN NOT purchase DayZ.

I wish I could say you people are learning a valuable lesson here, but I suspect most of you used mommies money anyway, and she clearly hasn't learned shit in the 14 years you've been mucking up everything.

• Like 2

You can in fact use a ford taurus as a getaway car in a bank heist. If you get arrested during said getaway, you don't get a refund on the fucking car.

So many entitled little brats running around. It's not your fault you're a spoiled little cunt, it's your parents; they did a shit-lousy job teaching you. It is un-fucking-believable the level of stupidity that comes with "I bought this game, then added 3rd party shit to it that I don't like, so I want my money back". I've been handing out refunds today, if you want one, I'll happily mail you a check for the $0.00 you spent on DayZ. No matter what your motive for purchasing Arma2 was, you DID NOT, COULD NOT, AND CAN NOT purchase DayZ.

I wish I could say you people are learning a valuable lesson here, but I suspect most of you used mommies money anyway, and she clearly hasn't learned shit in the 14 years you've been mucking up everything.

this is it

nailed it bro

• Like 1

The hacks have nothing to do with the mod being an alpha. It's what the mod is built on, and even if the mod weren't an alpha those problems would still be there. So I really don't think getting a refund from steam for arma2 is out of the question. Steam even ran a promotion for arma because of DayZ's popularity, so I think some responsibility does fall on their shoulders, because it isn't the mod that is getting hacked, it's arma's engine.

Edited by twiloz

Basically my experience...

DayZ is an interesting game if you get over the hackers, constant broken servers and unfixed glitches.

The best way to avoid hackers is to play on a near empty server, the best way to play this game unfortunately is on a near full server... so either play the game and be a bit lonely or play the game and get teleported around.

its not a "either/or" "black and white" like that not all the high capacity ones are full of hackers, like i said ive never been hacked, but your alone anyway unless you have your own crew who you know and trust on microphone chat, other players are very likely to just shoot you, there are legit friendlys, but do you wanna risk losing everything you have? every player is potentially and very likely to be double crossing or shoot you on sight Edited by Rocky46

The hacks have nothing to do with the mod being an alpha. It's what the mod is built on, and even if the mod weren't an alpha those problems would still be there. So I really don't think getting a refund from steam for arma2 is out of the question. Steam even ran a promotion for arma because of DayZ's popularity, so I think some responsibility does fall on their shoulders, because it isn't the mod that is getting hacked, it's arma's engine.

the thought of getting a refund for a game because hackers are on multiplayer servers is stupid and absurd guy gets hacked once in a game and blows up and crys, we can only be sympathetic and give pointers on how to avoid, but if you want to play multiplayer games you have to learn that there are always hackers glitches and abusers especially since its an alpha mod

welcome to the world of online gaming and try not to rage and cry like that dude it gets you nowhere

I feel like we could boil this entire thread down to people banging pots and pans and yelling. Or maybe that is just the internet. Holy shit. I'm going to go outside.

Haven't said that in a while. Maybe you've cured me.

KrystoferRobin' timestamp='1344026395' post='558966']

you can have all the beans in my alice pack!!! Edited by Rocky46

Boy doesn't DAYZ have the best community around! We are such a open and welcoming community that when a new member reports a GAME BREAKING issue we actually berate him for getting hacked and actually make him feel like the bad guy for complaining about it..

Yeah because we all know that 90% of Arma 2 sales had NOTHING to do with playing DAYZ. I'm sure everyone is just sitting around pl;aying the crap out of arma 2 right now thinking that this is why they bought the game right?

Dont you just love those online offers where they says you will get a free xbox just for signing up for their email and then find out you have to make a certain purchase just to get the x-box. Sounds legit right? Just like the above statement.

If that response doesnt help the newcomer we then throw in the "its an alpha" and "you should of researched it " arguments.

That is a major help to someone who just bought the game and now cant even PLAY IT because of a game breaking bug for a few reasons:

1. It really demoralizes them to realize that they did research it by watching gameplay of it and hearing word of mouth, none of which mention that it is infested with hackers.

2. they then feel really stupid that they forgot this is a alpha so they are not allowed to be dissatisfied with the game AT ALL and if they are they are asked to leave or be quiet.

Boy are they stupid for thinking they should report GAME BREAKING issues to the community. Did they not hear the word "alpha" which automatically makes all the issues better?

In closing I just wanted to say I am proud to be a member of this kind and helpful community and hope that nothing ever changes with the way the community treats its members or the game itself which I think is perfect and should never change.

officially dayz isnt the product being sold so aside from all the whiny bullcrap about only buying arma for dayz legally he aint entitled to a refund for jack shit the mod works the same for him as it does for everyone else and is playable and FREE

here we all are playing an epic mod and some guys character gets fucked up like most of us from time to time and he comes in raging demanding a refund for arma II its insanely stupid if i ever encounter the guy ingame imma blow his head clean off

I feel like we could boil this entire thread down to people banging pots and pans and yelling. Or maybe that is just the internet. Holy shit. I'm going to go outside.

Haven't said that in a while. Maybe you've cured me.

lol it just makes me angry how stupid it is.

he didnt just complain about hacking he went way over the top making it seem alot worse that it is. calling it crap and waste of money etc. that's why he's gotten this much shit.

Quite hilarious how many people feel the need to state the obvious that DayZ is a free mod.

feel the need to explain it because stupid people who want refunds when they get hacked online cant get it through their thick skull

Read my posts. I'm not saying he deserves a refund, he deserves to play the game he paid for - regardless if it is a mod. You need to take a knee, and hydrate. I run into hackers all the time, and I deal with it my own way and keep on playing. However, the OP deserves more than "lol faggut its mod herp derp alpha"

officially dayz isnt the product being sold so aside from all the whiny bullcrap about only buying arma for dayz legally he aint entitled to a refund for jack shit the mod works the same for him as it does for everyone else and is playable and FREE

Although I do agree with you in a legal sense of course hes not entitled to a refund and to be honest I don't think he was serious when he made that statement. I think he was just venting his frustrations or he would of uninstalled by now.

But..... You do realize that it's the arma engine which is being hacked and he did pay for that so.... Why is arma not being adequately protected to the point where legitmate customers are having the game made unplayable?

And you can call dayz free till your blue in the face, but it really isnt. I can say that the collectible cup I got for buying a slurpee was free, but I still had to pay for the slurpee to get it, and if the only reason people are buying the slurppe is for the cup how does that magically make the cup free?

How is DAYZ free when you have to purchase the engine its built upon to play it? You all are looking at this from a developers standpoint for some reason instead of the consumers.

We are all consumers right? None of you work for Rocket or Bohemia right?

• Like 1

They're going to have to sort out the hacking for the standalone, or no one will bother playing it.

Then the forum warriors won't be able to hide behind the banner of ALPHA! anymore. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

he didnt just complain about hacking he went way over the top making it seem alot worse that it is. calling it crap and waste of money etc. that's why he's gotten this much shit.

I agree he went a little over the top, but you do realize he probably just had the worst thing you can possibly have happen to you in game which is to be unable to PLAY IT.

Its one thing to be killed by a bug or hacker and have to respawn on the coast, Its another thing to have your first ever game session be spawned into the ocean and forced to DO NOTHING because they took out the respawn button.

• Like 1

How do you abort? Do you alt+f4 or do you close the game in the task manager? I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can do to avoid this situation in the future

Hit escape, click abort. I did it really fast, maybe about 1 second passed after the teleport before I was out. Tried alt + f4 first, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work for me ever, so I have to do it the less direct way. My character didn't have time to synch to the hive, so loaded in where I was before the teleport. Friend who took a little longer was on the coast when he logged back in. Nothing could really be done now, unfortunately, your character is synched to the hive out there right now.

And you can call dayz free till your blue in the face, but it really isnt. I can say that the collectible cup I got for buying a slurpee was free, but I still had to pay for the slurpee to get it, and if the only reason people are buying the slurppe is for the cup how does that magically make the cup free?

How is DAYZ free when you have to purchase the engine its built upon to play it? You all are looking at this from a developers standpoint for some reason instead of the consumers.

We are all consumers right? None of you work for Rocket or Bohemia right?

We are consumers of Arma2. Arma2, in it's current form, works fine. I play daily. DayZ on the other hand is plagued with asshats and is buggy as fuck.

Arma on the other hand... works as advertised, and is protected to a level that is required for it's playerbase, which is largely a very devoted, honest bunch.

You purchased Arma2 for a mod. That's your problem to work out, not theirs or anyone else's. The THIRD PARTY, UNAFFILIATED mod you picked, of all the mods and missions available for Arma2, seems to breed the absolute worst bunch of sniveling, bratty, spoiled little shits I've seen anywhere. Every fucking one of you little shits comes in here crying about refunds and demanding BI do something about a mod they have no fucking control over, then try to justify your crying with bullshit semantics and word games. If that helps you sleep better, go right ahead, but don't expect anyone with a functional brain to give you any sympathy.

Jesus christ you people are stupid.

• Like 1

Happens a lot, if you read the forums before you made your purchase you would have known this, unlucky to happen straight away though. Welcome to the alpha of DayZ.

Another fanboy defending the shitty game that is ARMA with DAYZ's alpha status.