Sign in to follow this  
SilverSaint48

Noob question? How Do you survive?

Hey I am new to Day Z and have been playing lots but cannot survive for long. The zombies always find me and I almost die instantly. Someone please help me!!!! It is really annoying and I want to play Day Z and survive

• Like 1

Don't die... Lol..

Some real advice, Get geared up around Berizino and hit NE airfield.

OR

Hit Stary and get gear there, then go around the NW airfield, once raided well.. Back to stary then to the NE airfield.

• Like 1

Trial and error my friend. . . trial and error is the best way. . . in the beginning your gonna die, . . and die and die and die. But learn from your mistakes and keep your chin up and one day you'll live to be 21 min old. Or older.

Edited by schalart
  • Like 1

Ah thanks Frank Fisher. I just checked out the guide and it really does explain a lot. I will read it and see how good it actually is but so far it looks pretty good. It has lots of information on how to survive and gives plenty of tips. I will keep reading it later.

Prone and crouch walk are your friends. Also, if you do end up being spotted just... RUN! If you just run and run they should never catch you. While running you want to look for a building you can run into. Zombies walk in buildings so if you always run to a building they should never really be killing you. Also, breaking Line-of-Sight just requires a two-door'd building or a little bit of finesse.

One more thing. While in buildings make sure to use a side-arm and line up the head shot.

Edited by Afgoo

Zombies aren't really a threat at all, they can't touch you when you are running and you can lose them simply by running through trees or in a building. It's other players you have to worry about.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

this might be true when you've played for awhile, but when your a noob Zombies are a REAL threat..

they still are to me..

Edited by Siberian

When I first start off (on the coast ofcourse), I usually just head for the forest and try to locate some deer stands. Deer stands has some great starter loot, AKS-74 Kobra, bigger packpacks ect.

EDIT: I meant backpack, not packpacks* ^_^

Edited by Lekang
  • Like 2

this might be true when you've played for awhile, but when your a noob Zombies are a REAL threat..

they still are to me..

They can't catch you though, just keep running until you reach a town and then go in a building, walk out the other side and the threat is gone.

Are you sure you're playing on regular rather then veteran servers? I started playing this game just recently but haven't died yet and just crawled through towns until I found a hatchet to defend myself with against zeds so I could find more supplies in more populated areas.