Sign in to follow this  
xxfahizzlexx

Waypoints?

Hi. I have known for a while now that by double clicking on the map it sets a waypoint on the map. Can other player see it. I can see theirs.

only if they find that PARTICULAR map. i see them all the time on maps i find on dead bodies. If you put it on THAT map it stays on THAT map only the people who get THAT map will see it

those arent way points, those are map markers. They can only see them if you use the right communication channel. (ie. vehicle, direct, group). To set a way point you shift + Click on the map.

yes double clicking the mouse in map makes a black marker, that marker doesn't tell you how to get there, but holding shift and holding left mouse on where u want to go will make a marker in game to tell you how far and where to go to get to your destination. But not all servers have that option. :P

Awesome. Recently I stole 4 vehicles from a camp and crushed their tents. They responded back with markers. Just making sure I can respond back too. :P

Awesome. Recently I stole 4 vehicles from a camp and crushed their tents. They responded back with markers. Just making sure I can respond back too. :P

Awww you wrecked it. If you find an enemy camp with tons of loot its better off to just take what you want and leave all the tents and vehicles. They may not notice what you took if you stick to what they have multiples of. So if you need loot again just go back.

Now that they know they will take more pains to hide their stuff. I currently have a few different camps I go between on different servers if I wanna switch guns or something. At one camp we got 4 pairs of NV, 4 ghillies, and a pile of guns and GPS. A week later we went back and they were nice enough to restock for us.

Now 8 of us are all geared out. Thanks FOE server!!

Edited by Frostback
  • Like 3

only if they find that PARTICULAR map. i see them all the time on maps i find on dead bodies. If you put it on THAT map it stays on THAT map only the people who get THAT map will see it

This is completely wrong. Map markers are tied to the communication channel which you have selected, so as long as you use "direct" or "vehicle" and not "group" other people will not see them.

There is also a difference between "shift + 1 click" and "shift + double click", the double click is the one which other people can see. Single click only you can see.

Angry markers are the worst!!! :)

Haha. Funny stories.

I proceeded in taking their "loot" truck and crashing it. They were obviously duping with the myriad of weapons in the trunk. Hehe It was a good day.