Sign in to follow this  
Punishr23

Disable abort/saving in buildings (Server hopper problem)

It was a bit difficult to find a name for this topic. But just today when i entered the barracks i got killed by a server hopper, that spawned right in front of me.

I just entered the last room of the barracks wanted to open my gear and got shot by an assaultrifle. I could clearly see that the guy just spawned right in front of me, but he was already shoting at me before i even saw him. A friend of mine was still there at the barracks i told him to head there and kill him as soon as he gets out of the barracks. He heard him drink and walk in the barracks was ready to shoot him down as he comes out, but well... he never did... shortly after my friend heard him drinking (i was still in the lobby) 3 ppl disconnected. My friend went in to loot my body and no one was there. It was impossible to get out without my friend seing him, so he must have server hopped from barrack to barrack without even leaving the fkn building...

So my suggestion is to disable the abort/ disconnect button in buildings especially in the barracks since its obviously cheating, when a guy pops out infront of you eventhough the only entrance is behind you. Better would be to disable spawning in the barracks at all, since they could still alt f4 to leave... like if you accidentially have a pc crash or summin, while you're in the barracks, you will automatically spawn somewhere at the front door...

So is there any chance to do something about this? really pissed me off today, great disadvantage!

PS: i didnt know what i should search for, so sorry in advance if there already is a thread about this issue!

• Like 1

I can't blame you for being angry but your solution is ruining the game because just as we seek shelter in RL before we go to sleep, we also seek shelter before we log off from an online game.

I never logg of while lying in the grass, instead I search for a suitable building everytime I plan to end a session.

Edited by TheStoryteller01

I understand the concern, i have had a few deaths like this.

I always keep an eye on who is connecting to the server i am on. If i see someone is connecting and I am in a high risk area i instantly find a spot and wait momentarily. This may be called cheating but so is server hopping in my book.

Why punish the rest of us just because of server hopping douchebags ......just ban them - simple

the the rest of us can go about playing the game as normal

I have another idea (dont flame) ;

Maybe when loading to get into the game, if there is a player within say a hundred meter radius your loading progress pauses and maybe waits for the area to clear?

I had this idea because it does this with Zombs, clearing a certain radius before spawning a player in (I believe it still does this or it may have been patched out already?)..

I have been killed twice by server hoppers spawning infront of me when in my gear window.

Anyway just an idea!

• Like 1

I never logg of while lying in the grass, instead I search for a suitable building everytime I plan to end a session.

Ok you're right maybe i was too angry, all buildings may be a bit too much, but seriously why would you save your game in the barracks? I never did, i did save in the woods next to the barracks but not in the buildings there. And even if you have to disconnect in one of the barracks, it should be possible but on the next logon you will spawn in front of that same barrack, so that if someone is in there he can at least hear your footsteps. That's all i want!

I have another idea (dont flame) ;

Maybe when loading to get into the game, if there is a player within say a hundred meter radius your loading progress pauses and maybe waits for the area to clear?

I like this idea aswell! Something needs to be done.

If i see someone is connecting and I am in a high risk area i instantly find a spot and wait momentarily.

But i cant stay all the time in the map menu when im in the barracks^^ and i never saw any connecting message when one of my friends joined the server (can you disable that message in the serverchat?). And again before i saw the hopper spawning i was already getting shot (desync?).

Edited by Punishr23

It's a nice thought but like someone said earlier we need shelter before we log for a small sense security, was you looking right at him, because when I wait for my brother to spawn EVERY time his char spawns standing and sorta flashes on and off until on his screen his on and then appears proned or whatever he was logged out?

AJ

was you looking right at him, because when I wait for my brother to spawn EVERY time his char spawns standing and sorta flashes on and off until on his screen his on and then appears proned or whatever he was logged out?

AJ

No i heard shots, screen got white-ish and then i saw him on my left. I just entered the last room of the barracks (furthest away from the entrance) found an akm on the floor before and in this last room i saw an akm mag just in the moment when i wanted to pick it up (just turned away from the room window) he must have spawned...

PS: i know what youre talking about, seen that aswell when my friends spawned.

Edited by Punishr23

I never ever save in buildings primarily BECAUSE they're hot spots for players. Low pine trees and bushes are my best best BEST friends aside from bullets and beans.