Sign in to follow this  
yourbrofino

3 Days Ago I bought game to play DayZ Mod and quitting.

Maybe I don't hang out in cherno enough, but I really don't run into these hackers 24/7 like all these other people seem to.

Want to know what lead me to this post? I had some good guns with a lot of murders after not dying for a day (i usually die like 8 times a day lol, yes im noob) so I felt good and strong! not too long ago I killed two people by myself and as I was looting their bodies everyone in the server (including me) just instantly die from the hacker. I guess I wouldn't mind that much if he was making guns or killing randomly people around the game but to kill everyone in the server instantly and causing everyone to just leave the server is just dumb.

Everyone can't see in some areas and hackers come and go. Laugh and try again. It's just a game.

if this were Call of Duty I would just laugh and go. However, DayZ works like an MMO. It takes time to collect certain loot and A LOT of running...so dying instantly to a hacker (who let's be honest, can and will be able to keep hacking in this mod) is just simply not fun. I don't usually quit games but there is really nothing they can do about the hacking until like someone mentioned here it becomes a stand alone game.

Edited by yourbrofino

Regardless of where DayZ goes it was worth my money because ARMA 2 Combined Operations rocks my socks :P

Why would you buy a game just for a mod, that is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard... YOU BUY THE GAME FOR THE GAME NOT THE MOD.

If you aren't willing to put the time into the game so that you are proficient at it, then you shouldn't have purchased the game in the first place and yes, it is your fault.

Why would you buy a game just for a mod, that is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard... YOU BUY THE GAME FOR THE GAME NOT THE MOD.

I bought the game for DayZ. Arma II was the bonus.

Edited by Dontrunaway

Not because i didn't enjoy the game or felt that it lacked certain things but because of reasons that could have been preventable. It's sad because I really do enjoy the game but these two things below me really makes it hard to enjoy it anymore.

1. Graphic glitch making me unable to see ANYTHING.

2. Hackers, I seriously encounter a hacker in 1/3 of the servers I join...it's not fun being killed by them after spending so much time trying to get gear etc.

Waste of $30? i don't think so, my own fault for not reading up on the game before playing.

Everyone complains way to much about hackers, stop being so naive and joining servers with around 40 people, they are the ones filled with hackers for several reasons. First off, it's a hoppin server, if you were a hacker wouldn't you go there first? Secondly, there are more players, which logically means that it is more likely for there to be a hacker in the server. It's common sense people. I have dealt with hackers once, the whole server was killed. Big whoop, I didn't come to complain on the forum like a fool. Stop expecting a horrible engine and poor anti-cheat program to make magic happen.

let's be honest, 99% of the people who bought the game bought it simply for the mod. I have NEVER heard of Arma 2 and I would have NEVER bought this game if it wasn't for the mod DayZ. I follow a lot of games and have been gaming for years now, sorry to say but Arma 2 is a game i've never ever heard about and would have never heard of it if it wasn't for DayZ (I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way).

I bought the game solely for the mod. Although, running around in the Armory doing challenges has been kind of fun.

Just stick it out my son.

It'll all be over soon.

Everyone complains way to much about hackers, stop being so naive and joining servers with around 40 people, they are the ones filled with hackers for several reasons. First off, it's a hoppin server, if you were a hacker wouldn't you go there first? Secondly, there are more players, which logically means that it is more likely for there to be a hacker in the server. It's common sense people. I have dealt with hackers once, the whole server was killed. Big whoop, I didn't come to complain on the forum like a fool. Stop expecting a horrible engine and poor anti-cheat program to make magic happen.

So you're pretty much saying, "HEY, even though you paid $30 to play this Mod (just like everyone else did) you can't play in high populated servers". I'm sorry, but I enjoy high populated servers because I enjoy killing other players. GL finding anyone in a 5/40 player server.

Edited by yourbrofino

The graphical glitch will be fixed soon...

I noticed it started when Arma added two new graphics options that could be changed, but not sure if that is the reason.

Yes, hackers can get annoying, but that's why you don't get attached to your character. It also helps you become better at getting around in a stealthy manor.

2. Hackers, I seriously encounter a hacker in 1/3 of the servers I join...it's not fun being killed by them after spending so much time trying to get gear etc.

It's almost like it's in alpha or something...

The graphics issues will be fixed in the next patch which should be out any time now.

Your first mistake was buying a game just for a single mod.

That's not a mistake at all. I bought ARMA II for DayZ and love it.

His mistake was not having an accurate gauge on the current status of the game with regards to bugs and script injectors.

I don't understand where Wednesdays update is.

Rocket locked the topic and has not touched it in over 24 hours.

Where's our updated release time? Is it really that hard to release a few small updates once every 7 days? At least fix the fucking graphical artifacts, that's not something you can postpone.

Not because i didn't enjoy the game or felt that it lacked certain things but because of reasons that could have been preventable. It's sad because I really do enjoy the game but these two things below me really makes it hard to enjoy it anymore.

Waste of $30? i don't think so, my own fault for not reading up on the game before playing.

The graphics glitch is new, it will be fixed next patch

The hackers have been getting more and more according to the forum, I am still yet to see one thankfully and I've been playing months. I expect something will get done fairly soon...obviously it won't EVER go away, all games have hacks, but battleeye will have to start banning more and updating their system.

Just hang in there.

I bought the game solely for the mod I'll admit, but whenever I need a brake from dayz I'll just play the campaign or go into the armory and ride helicopters\tanks. Arma II is one of the best sims around and I have plenty of fun exploring chernaurus on my chopper.

I've been surviving in the northen most part of the map for like 8 days now, living of cooked meat and bottle of water with my CZ and m1911 and one of those weapons that take stanag mags in my backpack, I'm a bit bored now.

See it this way: You payed 30 bucks to

a) satisfy your curiosity (which could have eaten you up over time)

b ) be able to truthfully claim, that you have played the hottest mod of 2012

c) get a priceless insight in human behaviour.

I call this a bargain.

Edited by TheStoryteller01
  • Like 1

But if the mod is twice as better then some of the full retail games out there who cost over 60 $ and was maden by huge companies and not by an indie creator,then is it worth it?

What you just said is that we shoud only pay for full retail games and mod and indie games shoud be free...no matter how high their quality is.

Edited by VaultDweller

I can appreciate that you're at least not hardcore complaining about it, but you really should give it some more play time. I really do forget this is an alpha sometimes, tbh. The only bug I can recall really recurring for me is the artifacting/graphical glitch, so either I don't go near anywhere with dead soldier "props," or I man up and screw with my graphics settings as a temp fix. Hackers aren't so much the fault of the mod but the fault of BI itself and battleye being kinda crappy. Besides it makes the game more challenging :)

Really what is key to enjoying dayz is not throwing a fit when you die (to whatever: bugged zombies, hackers, ladders, or good ol' regular pvp) and getting right back into it. Since I got to that point it has been infinitely fun.