Sign in to follow this  
capri_stylee

A few changes I'd like to see...

• Bikes

I want them everywhere, I want to be tripping over the things. This would encourage more people to take to the roads, especailly if they have little to loose. Leading to more player interaction. Imagine a critical mass style bike ride through Cherno, with a wave of zombies on its tail. Or jousting through Elektro, avoiding the snipers by planting your face into the nearest building.

• Melee weapons

Like bikes, these should be everywhere - a greater variety and easier to use. As it stands trying to take on a zed with a crowbar is only worthwhile if you want a quick respawn. The hatchet is better, but still misses too often, how hard can it be to hit something 2 feet in front of you? The noise of the hatchet also makes me think im being shot at, I should be used to it by now, but I'm not - minor issue.

• Spawn with weapons

Perhaps not a gun, even a hatchet would make those first few raids so much easier.

• Backpacks

All the backpacks should be bigger. To date i've never been able to carry a tent, no matter what backpack i've been using, I shouldn't have to drop everything to take one. Maybe let us carry tents seperatly (realistic) with a speed penalty.

• Safe zone

Somewhere to trade, get patched up, meet friends and form groups etc. I don't want it to be impossible to die here, but a few elite NPCs on guard that'll take down anyone that opens fire should deter the trolls.

Just a few ideas knocking around in my head, how do you lot feel? Anything you'd like to see added/removed?

These may have been raised before, if so, Mods feel free to merge/delete...

Let's start with fixing the whole game. Before expanding it.

- fix hackers

- fix server performance / glitches

- fix the overall control system. (let's say the admin abuse)

just a few things that i did like to see rather than anything else. Still a good list though. :=)

Let's start with fixing the whole game. Before expanding it.

- fix hackers

- fix server performance / glitches

- fix the overall control system. (let's say the admin abuse)

just a few things that i did like to see rather than anything else. Still a good list though. :=)

Of course, these things go without saying hehe, i love the mod, but i'd never buy a standalone with the issues you've mentioned.

No safe zones.

I agree on bikes should spawn like in every town, or even next to a random house in the forest.

bikes - agree, more bikes would be nice

backpacks - are fine, ALICE pack is 20 slot and quite common, how is that not enough space?

safe zones - no

Le tour de Z?

• Like 2

More bikes seems ok everythign else is fine as it is. Not too many bikes though. A tent only takes 3 slots to grab not that hard to carry at all(just make sure u have 3 slots in your main inventory). As rare as a tent is you should make sacrifices to get it. Larger backpacks , No, you should have to make sacrifices... there is no reason why you should need a larger backpack.. you can already carry around all the survival supplies youd ever need plus 2 weapons (3 including hatchet). Safe area would be hard to impliment (bandits would just camp outside the gates shooting you for your epic loot you just traded for) The people that traded you might even set that up. The only option where this could be enabled was a seperate map that you entered and it put you back at your original location in chernarus.

bikes - agree, more bikes would be nice

backpacks - are fine, ALICE pack is 20 slot and quite common, how is that not enough space?

safe zones - no

I had an Alice when I came across a tent in Rog Castle, had a revolver and 3 or 4 tins of beans - wouldn't let me carry the tent. How many slots does a tent take up?

Edited by capri_stylee

Spawning with weapons: Once you've played for a bit, you learn how to execute the run and grab for any building with 2 exits. It's really pretty easy to loot a number of the buildings even with zombies chasing you, you'll find a handgun, shotgun or lee enfield in no time.

Backpacks: I think there's plenty of space, especially once you have Czech or ALICE. I generally carry two rifles+ a handgun along with 2x morphine/blood bag/pain killers/food/water bottle, and ~6 clips, still leaving plenty of space for a tent and more.

A safe-zone would take all the paranoia out of making trades :) where is the Lord of the Flies feel in that?

I had an Alice when I came across a tent in Rog Castle, had a revolver and 3 or 4 times of beans - wouldn't let me carry the tent. How many slots does a tent take up?

tent takes up 3 slots but you need them in your main inventory.. you can move the tent to your backpack after you pick it up

I sort of like the bike idea, but I dislike the safe zone idea, that would be exploited instantly.

Tent is 3 spaces in either inventory or backpack

tent takes up 3 slots but you need them in your main inventory.. you can move the tent to your backpack after you pick it up

Fair enough, that explains it. Thats the only reason I wanted a bigger backpack.

Wow, usually if someone posts that many ideas I can agree with at least one of them.

Here, not so much.

Bikes are so of the most powerful vehicles in the game. They should be rare.

When players spawned with weapons the beach was littered with corpses and the constant, deafening sound of flies. Murder rates are down and life expectancy is up since weapons are removed, because new players have to think carefully about their first moves instead of just running to the nearest other newbies and shooting his brain out.

Backpacks are fine.

Weapon frequency is fine.

And fuck no never to safe zones.

1) if youre on a bike, atv, or ANY VEHICLE IN THE GAME zombies do NOT spawn.

people could just grab a bike and head anywhere they want untouched. also bikes are silent and have the second fastest offroad speed

2) you can outrun zombies np, there are like 3 hatchets in every hanger / barn and guns in every school / supermarket. weapons take all of 5-10 minutes to get once you start off.

definately do not start with a gun, if some guy just dies then gets a lucky respawn nearby he could just come back and know the general area of the guy that killed him was (closest thing to kill cam).

and the FFA DM by noobs on the coast... lol

3) tents take up 3 slots... wtf? and its called inventory management, not to mention every school / supermarket has tons of these to upgrade.

4) no safe zones, no failure zones

you want one? make it yourself and defend it. this isnt WoW

Edited by Buffjesus

I totally agree on the bikes. There's way too few. Should be 6x the amount. Also, they should despawn after they have not been touched for 1 day because they are way too easy to hide (I hid a green bike in a pine tree once...could not find it easily myself even though I knew where it was). Of what use would a increased number of bikes be if those get hidden away as well?

The rest of your proposals? Nope.

people could just grab and bike and head anywhere they want untouched. also bikes are silent and have the second fastest offroad speed

No, they spawn at the same way they spawn for people on foot, but you approach places way faster so the spawning has not yet started. Can happen on foot, too.

Edited by Atanar

I totally agree on the bikes. There's way too few. Should be 6x the amount. Also, they should despawn after they have not been touched for 1 day because they are way too easy to hide (I hid a green bike in a pine tree once...could not find it easily myself even though I knew where it was). Of what use would a increased number of bikes be if those get hidden away as well?

The rest of your proposals? Nope.

No, they spawn at the same way they spawn for people on foot, but you approach places way faster so the spawning has not yet started. Can happen on foot, too.

ive spent about 80% of my time on DayZ driving around in vehicles

zombies do not spawn if youre on/in a vehicle

edit: if you see zombies in a town somebody else is there, so you should head up to the closest hill and search for the +1 murder :D

Edited by Buffjesus

people could just grab a bike and head anywhere they want untouched. also bikes are silent and have the second fastest offroad speed

2) you can outrun zombies np, there are like 3 hatchets in every hanger / barn and guns in every school / supermarket. weapons take all of 5-10 minutes to get once you start off.

definately do not start with a gun, if some guy just dies then gets a lucky respawn nearby he could just come back and know the general area of the guy that killed him was (closest thing to kill cam).

and the FFA DM by noobs on the coast... lol

3) tents take up 3 slots... wtf? and its called inventory management, not to mention every school / supermarket has tons of these to upgrade.

4) no safe zones, no failure zones

you want one? make it yourself and defend it. this isnt WoW

1) Nerf the bikes, make them more common, simple.

2) I know I can outrun zombies, but i dont want to have to keep running through a forest because one spotted me 10 seconds after I spawned. Thats not my only issue with melee weapons however, the crowbar is worse than useless, and their aim is hit and miss. I also want a greater variety, not talking about hunderds of kinds, but the odd baseball bat/Iron bar to add variety to the range, longevity and damage would be nice.

3) If you had read the above posts you'd see i've already been made aware of this, I didn't know they had to go into the main slots first.

4) I'm quite aware this isn't WoW, no need for the condescension though. I made a few points about changes I'd like, than asked for opinions on them, and anything else you'd like to see.

Edited by capri_stylee