It might just be me, but I've never heard of zombies being able to climb ladders. Being undead kinda limits the physical capabilities. It's especially fun to see how they climb up to the roof where you tried to escape to.

I remember reading in an early review for Day Z they could climb but I've never seen it either. That being said, that 2 seconds or so it takes to actually grab the ladder and start climbing feel like an eternity with 10+ zeds breathing down your neck. :)

They are not undead.

Wow, really? How should I call them? The living dead, walking dead, reanimated dead?

They do climb ladders, I've seen it quite a few times and they are quite quick about it. Steps present no problem to them either.

They also aren't as deterred by water since recent patches. I made a break for an island off the coast when i was being chased by a horde, I had hardly any kit so it was worth the gamble of losing it in the sea.

Anyway once I reached the shore of the island I ran to the lighthouse on the off chance there may be a secret loot spawn or something. Anyway when I reached the top, I looked back and seen the horde had chased me into the sea and looked to be heading for the island where I was! Im not sure if they were swimming or what but they had made it almost half way to the island before I decided to make a break for it and swam of the other side of the island!

It would be interesting if zombies would slip and fall off of ladders sometimes, seeing as they probably don't have the best coordination now that they're dead.

They do climb ladders' date=' I've seen it quite a few times and they are quite quick about it. Steps present no problem to them either.

[/quote']

Yep, they most certainly do (sometimes.) As it is now, I don't think their pathfinding AI actively seeks out ladders to reach the player. However, it seems that if they more or less bump into the bottom of the ladder by accident, they will climb it, and climb it rather quickly!

I like it when they chase you up stairs and ladders... particularly when you have a backpack full of rounds.

One at a time boys, one at a time!

I'd prefer if they couldn't climb ladders/drain pipes. I don't mind stairs. My argument for it is that being what they are, plus the terror and dread of feeling trapped on a roof is more effective emotionally than being constantly chased up pipes. As for swimming, i'd prefer them to just walk off shore and drown once they get deep enough into the water.

They are not undead.

Wow' date=' really? How should I call them? The living dead, walking dead, reanimated dead?

[/quote']

Whatever you prefer :)

However, the current backstory corroborated by Rocket's own posts is that they are not your usual reanimated dead.

They are infected.

IIRC they got infected by a prion disease (infectible protein), disrupting their whole brain tissue, which altered the higher brain functions and made them aggresive and animal-like. You are one of the few either immune or not infected yet.

See Rocket's posts.

That's the official line until proven otherwise (ie Rocket changes it :)

Obviously, their motorics and muscle memory is still working, although badly, since they can walk and run. So it's quite possible they could still climb ladders.

Although I cannot imagine actual prion disease spreading any quickly, by the very nature of prions (strange proteins that alter normal proteins with their shape to make them into more strange proteins), but nerve tissue doesn't get that much growth normally, existing prion disease takes tens of years to manifest), I could imagine if the prions were somehow part of an infecting bacteria or some other agent it could grow quicker.

I've had a whole hoard of Z's climb up after me on one of the chimeny stacks in Chernogorsk.

I've also seen a Zed moving to and fro along a metalic gang plank, I actually thought it was another player trying to sneak up on me, (I could hear the clank,clank,clank).

As far as I know the Zombies are only dead after they've been killed...:ô┬ô:

They are not undead.

Wow' date=' really? How should I call them? The living dead, walking dead, reanimated dead?

[/quote']

Whatever you prefer :)

However, the current backstory corroborated by Rocket's own posts is that they are not your usual reanimated dead.

It seriously doesn't matter what you call them. Having them climb stuff is just silly.

It seriously doesn't matter what you call them. Having them climb stuff is just silly.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Everybody has one...there is even a famous quote long those lines' date=' you know?

But perhaps you haven't understood:

It might just be me, but I've never heard of zombies being able to climb ladders. Being undead kinda limits the physical capabilities. It's especially fun to see how they climb up to the roof where you tried to escape to.

They are not undead. They are living as much as you are. I don't see predators trying to climb ladders to get to their prey as "silly"