Sula

A Ghillie suit, two gals with guns and a mountain of zombies!

Today, I offered Iamblazelflack my ghillie suit, as us ladies can't wear them. He travelled for 2 hours to get that suit and died after I was sniped by a coward. So I asked for help from the forum. I asked if anyone generous girls would swap their suit for something.

I was amazed by the generosity of the offers. Thank you to all of you.

I want to say a really big thankyou to an amazingly brave player, Bianca. :thumbsup: On a veteran server, she offered to meet me in Elektro, despite being surrounded by players and zombies. We had to lie low talking to each other from our different places in town for so very long. I lay in hiding, watching the zombies dance their zombie dance, back and forth across the town, as players tip-toed passed me, not knowing I was there. Later I moved and found a player standing over me. I froze and said "Friendly" but he beat me to it and asked the same question. :) Turns out Catman had asked his pal to help me, as he knew I was stuck unable to get to Bianca in town.

He tried to help but it's much harder on the vet servers. My thanks to both of them. :thumbsup:

When I told Bianca, she said, "Oh ok, no problem, you want me to come to you?" I told her I was surrounded by zombies but she cooly and calmly replied that it wasn't a problem! Brave lady. I was afraid to stand up let alone move. :blush:

I see her slowly creep around the zombies, they didn't suspect a thing. Carefully, she makes her way to where I was hiding and asks me to identify myself. Of course I'm saying, it's Sula! But then realised my tag is Reilly in game.

We headed to the supermarket, she gave me the precious ghillie suit for Iamblazelflack and asked if I was ok getting out of town. She gave me a few tips and then slinked away like Catwoman!

Now that's someone you need in a tightspot. Thanks Bianca. If you ever need my help, just let me know. :thumbsup:

• Like 8

It's scary but you have to do it to get the stuff. :) What amazed me is Bianca didn't just go into the city, she waited for me, for hours. And you know what she asked for in return? Absolutely nothings. I wish there was some medal or award I could give her for bravery and skill. :thumbsup:

Also, if you're looking for someone you can trust in the game, I'd say Bianca was very trustworthy.

Edited by Sula

I wish I met survivors like this. I won't get irritated when I die, maybe a little disappointed at doing something stupid that caused my death, but when something like what happened to me recently occurs, you really just want to shoot everyone you see on sight.

I'm going around the Berezino tents and I hear someone call friendly over the mic, since I had already walked past him and not even noticed him, I agree that he probably is friendly, and then we join up for a bit. He says he is part of a clan on the server, asks if I want to join, I say sure, and then he gives me NVG's, First set I've seen in the game, and we give blood transfusions and all that jazz. End up doing a bit of looting and such for about 10-20 minutes. Then after we loot a crashed Heli I had passed on the way, we go to the tree line, and I notice I have an almost flashing food bar, I say that I'm going to head into town for some food, he says he will give me some, goes around behind me and shoots me in the back of the head. I have run this through my mind several times, and I just can't get my head round why he shot me, (if I had, I may still be alive) if you're wondering how I know it was him, well I heard the shot that killed me, and it was the same gun he had. Not a long range weapon, but a FAL. We were in a fairly quiet area by then, I would have been surprised to see anyone else there, considering there was about 5 people on the server at the time. I had also added him on skype for later, but he has never been online from what I can see, also strange considering HE was the one that suggested adding him.

But that is survival for you, If you don't know them, don't trust them. I'm not trying to cause people to not trust each other (lets be honest, the game is designed to do that itself), just that people really need to know that even If you join with someone for a while, doesn't mean they won't be a complete tool and shoot you when your back is turned.

Since this I have met up with other people, even given a new guy some ammo for his Enfield when I helped him out from a zombie onslaught. (We both ended up trapped and dead another town over, it is probably better just to run than ring the dinner bell and watch the Zed's come swarming). Again though, he had ample opportunity to kill me and take my gear, but I helped him anyway, I had little to lose at the time, so I wasn't too bothered if he did (so long as he killed me outright, rather than befriending me to shoot me).

Sorry for the Uber long post anyway, just thought I would post a Reverse encounter with another survivor, just to help new players choose what they want to do. My new policy now is to shoot on site anyone that has had a chance to see me, or where I am going to, but only If I have spent enough time to collect a lot of good gear. I will always be hostile In the northern parts of the map, as by the time I reach there I have too much to lose, and I'm not dying like that again.

"Not everyone is out to get you, but you won't meet everyone if the first person you see is."

"Humanity? The Human race has no Humanity, just a bunch of glorified primates with an overwhelmingly powerful belief that their existence is far more important than everything else's."

• Like 4

It really is nice to see that even good people playing. In my start, I received a shot in the face... lol

But today I'm not scared of zombies, what scares me are the cheaters.

This story is really interesting. Currently I play with about five friends using teamspeak.

• Like 1

Disco, I'm so so sorry that happened to you. Do you have skype? You can add me if you like on sulalee01. I will go into a server with you and we can have a friendly trek around the cities or wilderness. But we will probably die. That's why I say enjoy dayz life for what it is, not for what material gain you have made. Value what you can take with you when you die ;)

I have to say the moment I saw the word Berezino I twitched. I thought, "Uhoh!".

Newbies spawn on the Southern coast. From what I've experienced, those who are eager to get into a group, or a serious military approach team, move quickly North and die repeatedly unless they've made a pal via the forums who can get them in. One of two groups insist on training and tests to prove they are good enough to join.

The further North you go, the quicker you will die, the more frequently and most likely by sniping.

Many players want a gun, then a bigger gun, and so on and they want to shoot as much as possible, looting places and players. They are often in the big cities, Cherno is very dangerous.

However, Berezino is even more dangerous, as are Zeleno and Stary to a lesser degree because they have all the eager-to-get-a-big-gun type of noobies, plus all the experienced players, and the exmarine type uberplayers too who use those places as their local grocery store.

My view is, when you die, smile and be glad of the experience you have gained Then grit your teeth and get right back in there! :D :thumbsup: I love this game!

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

Wait...girls play DayZ?

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

btw gal's, if you guys want to play around in elektro im going to livestream later tonight (around 5.30 Swedish time)

I have no equipment and im going to run into cherno/elektro, and KILL anything that moves, except ofc i people wants to team up and kill other players :)

Thanks, the biggest threats to me are the ones that think like I do, because I don't account for them. I assume the biggest threats on the map to be NW Airfield, Stary, Cherno, or Electro. Thus it makes Berezino look quite appealing, half way up the other side of the map. There was only a few people on the server when I headed for Berezino, I've been there a few times before, and know the layout, I also had some nice gear (AKM, M9sd, AS50, Alice Pack). Literally just going to the tents to have a quick look for something better when I met the guy. It's the mentality I can't get my head around, I mean, who says friendly, teams up, swaps some gear and gives blood transfusions, only to shoot me in the head 10 minutes later? I've said it before, and I will say it again, it just epitomises the very worst of mankind. I don't get too attached to gear, I actually like starting again, just to see what my luck is like that time around. But it is pretty depressing to get killed by someone you are just starting to trust. I'll quite happily join together if you like, I actually have no idea where I am at the moment, due to several deaths and very bad servers last night. I will add you when I get home later, will try to be on for a few hours tonight if I can, can't be bothered with going out.

• Like 2

I value the experiences you have in game over the gear. I can have a great time with a maky and a lee enfield, I have great fun with just a hatchet :D

I value the experiences you have in game over the gear. I can have a great time with a maky and a lee enfield, I have great fun with just a hatchet :D

Sure you can, but in the end if all you do is go around with a hatchet killing Zed's, well, there are games already like that, and it would get boring after a while. I mean, I could get a hatchet, a hunting knife, matches and a canteen, and done, I could live in the wilderness and rack up hours of playtime, but the risk factor makes this what it is. It is one of the reasons I go to Stary or the NW airfield, Yes I have died there, but without death this game becomes like all the others out there. Dunno, everyone plays and thinks different, coming from Bethesda means I have a tendency for looting everything that's not strapped down, always fun to find something new as well. So yes, I like to loot, and I like to find Shiny new guns to try out, and for me that is an experience in the game. But like I said I wasn't really that bothered about the equipment loss, more of the betrayal from the guy. And for me that was a pretty poor experience in my books, I personally prefer people to either shoot on site, or be friendly if they say friendly. Again, just me though.

Thanks, the biggest threats to me are the ones that think like I do, because I don't account for them. I assume the biggest threats on the map to be NW Airfield, Stary, Cherno, or Electro. Thus it makes Berezino look quite appealing, half way up the other side of the map. There was only a few people on the server when I headed for Berezino, I've been there a few times before, and know the layout, I also had some nice gear (AKM, M9sd, AS50, Alice Pack). Literally just going to the tents to have a quick look for something better when I met the guy. It's the mentality I can't get my head around, I mean, who says friendly, teams up, swaps some gear and gives blood transfusions, only to shoot me in the head 10 minutes later? I've said it before, and I will say it again, it just epitomises the very worst of mankind. I don't get too attached to gear, I actually like starting again, just to see what my luck is like that time around. But it is pretty depressing to get killed by someone you are just starting to trust. I'll quite happily join together if you like, I actually have no idea where I am at the moment, due to several deaths and very bad servers last night. I will add you when I get home later, will try to be on for a few hours tonight if I can, can't be bothered with going out.

Think of it like this, when you approach someone who you want to team up with or an area you search, you would put yourself (hopefully) in a position that has a good chance of you coming out unharmed. Bandits play under the same mentality, you should actually be proud to have been killed by this guy, he actually put some effort in to his kill. He saw a target, had some extra supplies and put himself in a position that would most likely see him come out on top, he gained your trust, minimizing the risk of a firefight.

It's also something I put in my beginner's guide, a lot of people told me to only trust people if you add them on skype / teamspeak etc because bandits like to be anonymous. I laugh at this advice, I know so many bandits who are quite happy to jump on Skype or TS and laugh at you why they kill you, or merely as a tool to gain your trust. Just because you can hear their voice, doesn't mean they aren't anonymous. What can you really do or gain by just knowing what someone sounds like?

Think of it like this, when you approach someone who you want to team up with or an area you search, you would put yourself (hopefully) in a position that has a good chance of you coming out unharmed. Bandits play under the same mentality, you should actually be proud to have been killed by this guy, he actually put some effort in to his kill. He saw a target, had some extra supplies and put himself in a position that would most likely see him come out on top, he gained your trust, minimizing the risk of a firefight.

It's also something I put in my beginner's guide, a lot of people told me to only trust people if you add them on skype / teamspeak etc because bandits like to be anonymous. I laugh at this advice, I know so many bandits who are quite happy to jump on Skype or TS and laugh at you why they kill you, or merely as a tool to gain your trust. Just because you can hear their voice, doesn't mean they aren't anonymous. What can you really do or gain by just knowing what someone sounds like?

The fact that I had already walked past him, and he initiated contact from a position where he could already kill me, then no, I'm sorry but I disagree entirely. The only reason he did what he did was because he is an arsehole, I see no reason if you already have the drop on someone, and are a bandit, why then announce yourself and create a risk for yourself, when you could just take the shot? The fact that he actively made contact, said he was friendly, all that jazz, when he already had the drop on me, was a complete dick move. Why on earth would I be proud to get killed by someone in such a low way? This wouldn't have even been a story if the guy had just shot me there and then, I wouldn't have cared.

• Like 1

The fact that he actively made contact, said he was friendly, all that jazz, when he already had the drop on me, was a complete dick move. Why on earth would I be proud to get killed by someone in such a low way? This wouldn't have even been a story if the guy had just shot me there and then, I wouldn't have cared.

Im there with you, people who enjoy this extra douchebaggery are morons in my book and no matter that this is "just" a game.

Id rather be shot to my back (happened many times) then killed by some dbag who acted friendly,gave transfusion and other stuff,talked to me...all of this only to kill me minutes later.

Dunno,it does not seem like banditry but more like sadism or some kind of mental liability.

• Like 3

That's why I felt so gutted for you, Disco. You realise that person is borderline sociopath? I agree with Hombre, it's sadistic and behaviour not normally found in anyone over the age of nine, unless they're sociopaths.

I still feel for you. It leaves me sick to my stomach the thought of spending time in dayz, getting to like someone and know them and then they turn on you. It really isn't the behaviour of normal people.

The names I gave you are of people you can trust. They might kill bandits and other people who shoot at them but they won't kill someone they've agreed to meet up with. :thumbsup:

Wait...girls play DayZ?

Shhhh there are no girls here. But yeah the start up hours of Dayz are the most fun. Trying to complete your gear while avoiding zombies and players. That being said don't get attached to items, lots of people just want to kill another player on sight. Often times those players don't even need better gear.

Im there with you, people who enjoy this extra douchebaggery are morons in my book and no matter that this is "just" a game.

Id rather be shot to my back (happened many times) then killed by some dbag who acted friendly,gave transfusion and other stuff,talked to me...all of this only to kill me minutes later.

Dunno,it does not seem like banditry but more like sadism or some kind of mental liability.

This is why its better to form groups from steam I.D.'s you can permanently tag that player if he/she betrays you. Unless he buys arma 2 again and makes a new ID which is inconvenient. Spend another $30 to keep your bandit nature a secret? sure pay up.

Haha, well it really took the fun out of the game for about 3 minutes while I just worked out what had happened in my head, then I started out again, which is always fun. I'm still starting again actually, which is not quite so fun, but hopefully I will spawn somewhere convenient when I log in in a minute. Good hunting to any Bandit slayers, kill 'em all, haha.

• Like 1

That's a great attitude, Disco. :thumbsup:

yeh, some people use mouse wheel to open menus and then left click the options, could be that he shot you while trying to place some food in you backpack, seen that happen on some LPs.

yeh, some people use mouse wheel to open menus and then left click the options, could be that he shot you while trying to place some food in you backpack, seen that happen on some LPs.

It has crossed my mind, but I have added him on skype, and he hasn't even wrote me a message to say that is what he did. There was also no reason to go behind me to put something in my bag, No, I'm afraid the world if full of people that act like this, you just need to learn from what happens, I can't remember who wrote it, but this quote speaks volumes for this game. It will help people out, and is the main reason I told my story:

"Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

Obviously I was the one that made the mistake of trusting someone I didn't know, but others can learn from what I have done. Unless you know them, or have agreed to meet them somewhere from a forum, then there is a chance this will happen. It's not likely, but there it is, these people exist, and will be attracted to a game like this, because it works on the very complex system of human nature. Like I said, it's not likely to happen, but next time I meet a "friendly", chances are I will be aiming at them until we part ways, and It makes me too paranoid to travel with them, because there is always going to be that little bit inside of my head, telling me that I am about to get shot in the back. That's just the way things go anyway, I'm not saying do what I do, do what you want, that's the whole point of this game, but just remember what happened to me, it might save your life one day.

• Like 1

Elektro isn't scary when you have 4 snipers covering your ass :lol:

[Especially when you're one of the snipers~]

Good story, good work and good attitudes from all involved.

-MONSTER

good story...don't expect it every day!

I've killed more Zeds with an axe than any other weapon, guns are for survivors... ;)

I agree Sol, I don't need a gun, I'm comfortable with a hatchet. I'm not interested in shooting players and I find it easier to kill zombies with the hatchet. :thumbsup:

Nice story, I would be shit scared to enter Elecktro.

live every moment as tho its your your last, its about the immersion, everyone has a natrual instinct to survive and the more you feel that you are living it out the more that instinct will make the right choices to survive but with that comes a greater sense of fear, fear poisons your survival instincts and will drag you down, Dont be fearful!,Be smart!.