Sign in to follow this  
joeman4

NW Airfield... Why only there?

Barracks In Other Places.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should There be a Small amount of Barracks Beyond the NW Airfield?

Simple Suggestion and gonna try to make this quick.

More Barracks should be place beyond the NW Airfield.

Why, Well lets face it, NW airfield is not a huge area, and besides from it being the most dangerous spot in Day-Z, Shouldn't there more then 2?

Now i am Not Talking like 5-8 Barracks on one map, but what i am saying two in a single place is in my opinion, Unseemly.

Perhaps One in the NE Airfield, Or Maybe One in Green Mountain. I would Leave the Devs and Community to Decide.

Pros:

More Spread through Chenarus, Besides a huge amount of players Going into the NW region for the Airfield. :D

Gray-Area:

Rare-Drops may become more common so rare drops would have to become rarer by drop percentages, Perhaps. :|

Cons:

More People Will have Better Guns. >:(

And possible Camping Barracks More Often.

Whats Your Opinions on This, Answer to the Poll.

Make a Respectable Comments, and make Your Claims. I Look Forward to Reading them :)

Edited by joeman4
  • Like 2

The reward justifies the risk, if you can't handle that then maybe you are playing the wrong game.

• Like 1

The reward justifies the risk, if you can't handle that then maybe you are playing the wrong game.

LOL. Hardcore man over here XD

• Like 1

I don't really want to see more barracks as, like you said, it means the proliferation of high-end loot. If we were to relocate one of the existing barracks though, I would recommend placing it at the NE airfield. Green Mountain is not far enough from the coast, and too near the NW airfield.

• Like 1

Its not a Question of Handling it at All, I have been through NW Airfield Many times, Its a Suggestion. A Suggestion that Could Benefit other players. If That is your Opinion Then Let it be. But last time i Checked this is in Alpha With MUCH to change.

I don't really want to see more barracks as, like you said, it means the proliferation of high-end loot. If we were to relocate one of the existing barracks though, I would recommend placing it at the NE airfield. Green Mountain is not far enough from the coast, and too near the NW airfield.

NE airfield is just a tarp as it is now

nothing really good can spawn there

you can get sniped finding that out though

Dis shit be crazy, you a WHOLE nut. Ain't no one gunna fall for dis "joeman4" we all know you really an alien race of reptiles come to take over Day-Z, and possibly the rest of Earth too.

Disguise. Discovered.

A Example of an ignorant Comment, That Benefits No One...

A Example of an ignorant Comment, That Benefits No One...

An example of someone who knows not when to correctly place capital letters.

NW airfield is over 2000m~ long.

It's quite a large area.

I've only gone there about 6 times. I've seen no one. Stary Sober I see tons of ppl. I think a couple more could be added. Makes peoples journey north not always end in the same location.

Edited by jordan2412
  • Like 1

NW airfield is over 2000m~ long.

It's quite a large area.

Yes indeed it is, But When You have a mass majority of those running towards That 2000m area, compared to 225x225km of Chernarus its relatively small in the grand scale of things.

Edited by joeman4

Yes indeed it is, But When You have a mass majority of those running towards That 2000m area, compared to 225x225km of Chernarus its relatively small in the grand scheme of things.

Alright my point is defeated.

There are other places that could be considered "barracks" the tents in Stary have about the same amount of drops as the barracks at the NW airfield and each of those sites has a chance to spawn high grade military equipment. The only reason its hard to find it there is because everyone goes to Stary and already looted it before you lol.

I do agree that there should at least be something at NE airfield, the only place of real value there is the ACT there and I've hardly ever found anything worth the trip there. If choppers are in again, theres a spawn at NE airfield that makes it a bit higher value for targetting but still, could use some better loot spawns (like a barracks or some military tents like the ones in Berezino).

NE airfield is just a tarp as it is now

nothing really good can spawn there

you can get sniped finding that out though

What are you talking about the best stuff in the game spawns there in the barracks, apart from the crashed helos

Edited by Foolski

There are other places that could be considered "barracks" the tents in Stary have about the same amount of drops as the barracks at the NW airfield and each of those sites has a chance to spawn high grade military equipment. The only reason its hard to find it there is because everyone goes to Stary and already looted it before you lol.

I do agree that there should at least be something at NE airfield, the only place of real value there is the ACT there and I've hardly ever found anything worth the trip there. If choppers are in again, theres a spawn at NE airfield that makes it a bit higher value for targetting but still, could use some better loot spawns (like a barracks or some military tents like the ones in Berezino).

Yes but there are things that ONLY spawn at those Barracks, and yes Stary Sober does have a good drop on those military camps, i agree with on that, but there still a good amount of things that spawn in and only in barracks, and in my experience, i find better weapons usually in those barrack then anywhere, like M16A4 ACOG. I usually just find them in NW Airfield Barracks then those tents.

In my opinion, I think that all items should have a (however slight) chance to spawn anywhere. As it is, the military-loot areas (barracks, military camp, fire station, ATC tower, chopper crashes) are the best place to finding the good loot, and they generally always turn into camp-fests. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I just think it'd be nice to have a (very rare) chance to get lucky in an outhouse or garage. It'd give Campy McCampy-Pants less of a reason to spend hours sitting at the airfield waiting for some unlucky buster to get lost in his crosshairs. I suggest this knowing both sides of the coin: It's tearfully boring when camping, seeing no one for hours on end just waiting, and at the same time it's disappointing knowing that I have to luck out ONLY at those military-loot areas to find the top gear.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

I is my belief this game gets a new map when it goes stand alone, so even though I think this is a good idéa (spread out people, drop the rate of rare loot spawns though) It seems mute by the point that the game should (hopefully) get a new map at some point in its life

What are you talking about the best stuff in the game spawns there in the barracks, apart from the crashed helos

He said NE, not NW.

In a future game i would love to see a proper full on army base. The sort of thing that is a deathtrap - but hugely rewarding

A prison would be cool as well.

I is my belief this game gets a new map when it goes stand alone, so even though I think this is a good idéa (spread out people, drop the rate of rare loot spawns though) It seems mute by the point that the game should (hopefully) get a new map at some point in its life

God forbid the standalone DOESN'T get a new map... The odds are pretty strong against keeping Chernarus in standalone, as Rocket has no rights to the IP; he would have to make a new map no matter what, unless he spent gobs of money for that garbage map.

In a future game i would love to see a proper full on army base. The sort of thing that is a deathtrap - but hugely rewarding

A prison would be cool as well.

I'd like to see a full recreation of Oahu or Okinawa... Plenty of dense vegetation, high mountains, built-up cities, and military bases. Would be nice to have police stations and police cars, ambulances, etc. Wrecked with loot, if not driveable.

I rather wish we could get a NPC helicopter that crashdown and made crashsites instead of "jackpot free loots"

this way many players get aware of where the crashsite is and first one to it get it...exstreme risk but best rewards

also wish for more zombies spawn in elektro and cherno instead of around it..., I wonder how many times I walked in elektro/cherno and met 1-2 zombies in the city and the villages s close to airfield but got nothing of worth

Edited by RoaRawR

there are thing better than barracks that aren't at an airfield. They're called crashed helicopters, if you find one of those you won't need to go to the barracks for a while. I generally stay away from the barracks, go up north and look for tent cities.

There are other options than barracks, most of you just haven't realized it yet.

there are thing better than barracks that aren't at an airfield. They're called crashed helicopters, if you find one of those you won't need to go to the barracks for a while. I generally stay away from the barracks, go up north and look for tent cities.

There are other options than barracks, most of you just haven't realized it yet.

That is not the Topic of this thread, many know this already. Please keep it on Topic.