Server Name: de 868

(Your) Timezone: gmt

Date/Time: Tuesday 2nd August 2012

Server Administrator('s): smith

What happened: after putting alot of time and hard work in on Dayz we had a tent with alot of gear in for the last 4-5 days De 868 it has been locked with 2-4 people in it at a time the main person who i think the admin could be is smith each time i have checked on the server to try and join it he has been on but earlier today it was unlocked i tryed to join and it got stuck on loading with the white bar underneath i restarted the game and the server was locked again and there are people in it.

Evidence/Proof: http://i1117.photobu...-00-39-13-1.jpg

dude look for another server,^^

i don`t wanna spamm or flame.

but if you unlocked your server a wave of hacker will come and thats a pain in the ass.

cause its not allowed to bann or kick player.. i love it

dude look for another server,^^

i don`t wanna spamm or flame.

but if you unlocked your server a wave of hacker will come and thats a pain in the ass.

cause its not allowed to bann or kick player.. i love it

We have found other servers also, but our main camp with all of our weapons, ghillie suits etc are on that server and it would be nice to have them since we devoted lots of time into searching for that gear.

Your comment makes no sense, I dont understand your logic behind it. Are you saying that it's ok for the server admin to keep his server locked so he can spend all day just looking for loot etc. For the past 4-5 days, while the server has been locked, he has been on the server pretty much all day without fail. You're trying to justify that it's ok for him to lock his server, jut for himself to prevent hackers from coming on? What's the point in even having a server then (unless he really is jut using it to find himself loot).

das juckt mich nicht die bohne^^

so lange nix gegen cheater und konsorten unternommen wird locke ich meinen server.

wenn irgendein server admin das ausnutzt um gear zu bekommen ist das natürlich blöd.

aber nicht alle admins sind deswegen mies und kacke..

immerhin zahle ich 33€ für den server, nur damit ich joinen kann und mehr nicht.

so lange nix gegen cheater und konsorten unternommen wird locke ich meinen server.

wenn irgendein server admin das ausnutzt um gear zu bekommen ist das natürlich blöd.

immerhin zahle ich 33€ für den server, nur damit ich joinen kann und mehr nicht.

Englisch, danke. Dies hier ist ein Englisch forum, und du muss Englisch sprachen!

yeah speak english well give us the password so we can get our gear and take it to our new camp its wrong for you to have a server and lock it for ur own freinds to use it for loot :\ so im sure if he has a server and its locked it should be black listed if there was a warning in the server to say it was being locked we would of got our stuff out of there but by now you have probably already stolen it good luck to you low

Edited by Sirben

again if hes paying for the upkeep he can do what he like with it and theres nothing you can do about it

There are certain rules that server admins have to follow when they apply to host a server...

DayZ was created for everyone. For all cultures. For all languages. Your ingame character can do anything, but as people - you should respect each other and the differences. DayZ was not scoped to support private experiences on private servers. If you are not happy sharing a server with other people, please do not request a server as it wastes our time and yours

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

take a read of that

i dont wanna really be having to put them rules up but ;\ i just want my loot i worked hard to find if the server was open and someone found it and took it then i wouldnt really care but for them to not follow the rules and probably steal my loot thats wrong

Edited by Sirben

no its not my server^^

yeah but if i restart my own server, all my gear,vehicles and tents are gone.

Generally most servers are on a 4-6 hour auto restart cycle...

I don't see what that has to do with this thread however...

Edited by SirMeowington5

DayZ was created for everyone. For all cultures. For all languages. Your ingame character can do anything, but as people - you should respect each other and the differences. DayZ was not scoped to support private experiences on private servers. If you are not happy sharing a server with other people, please do not request a server as it wastes our time and yours

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

take a read of that

These rules are pretty funny to me, cause apart from the one time buy of arma2 to just play the dayz mod, dayz's continue flow of income according to me will be the people buying servers. I see at least 5 to 8% of the server pop locking their servers now or then. Yet no action will be taken cause they don't want to lose customers who will buy servers. At the most they will do is give them a warning or maybe and this is a exaggerated maybe ban them for 1 day or 2 (which i don't think will happen). This is to just keep people who are complaining happy and then everything goes back to usual to keep the admins happy as they are main guys giving dayz money. At the moment Dayz is just focused on collecting money *cough cough* of course I meant data and fixing bugs in the game, So if there are 50 bugs, we will fix 10 bugs and create 10 more, then we can keep the community more interested in finding those 10 we already know about lol... and then fix them and so the community will feel that we are listening ;)

"I dont care/ I don't give a crap.

As long as there is nothing done against cheaters & co, I will lock my server.

If some admin takes advantage of that (of their own locked server) to get gear, that is bad.

Not all admins are bad.

By the way, I'm the one paying the 33 € (40 $) and can't play because of them /it (the hackers or the hacking) and nothing more"

"das juckt mich nicht die bohne^^

immerhin zahle ich 33€ für den server, nur damit ich joinen kann und mehr nicht."

Besorg dir einfach einen privaten Hive, ist wesentlich entspannter, ehrlich.

Wir haben lange Zeit 2 Server betrieben und haben nun entschieden, diese einfach auslaufen zu lassen / zu kündigen.

Wenn die Leute in Ihrer Freizeit nix anderes zutun haben als ständig irgendwelche Server zu reporten, dann sollen Sie halt in Zukunft am besten ganz ohne auskommen.

Bugs entdecken / melden kann man auch auf Servern mit privater Datenbank ;)

Englisch, danke. Dies hier ist ein Englisch forum, und du muss Englisch sprachen!

maybe someone can translate this, but i don't care.

Vollidiot. Zahlst 33 Euro und hast dort nichts zu melden oder warum sagst du der Server wäre damit nicht "dir"? Wer auch immer der Admin ist bzw. die Admins sind: Es ist egal ob und wie viel ihr für einen Server bezahlt. Ihr seid mit den "Terms of Use" einverstanden gewesen, in denen eindeutig steht, dass ihr den Server NICHT LOCKEN DÜRFT. Selbst nicht wenn ihr den ganzen Tag über gehackt werdet.

Wir haben zeitweise auch auf eurem Server gespielt und meiden diesen nun. Gemeldet haben wir ihn auch.

• Like 1

Hi Sirben,

Thank you for your report. We appreciate it that you provided proof as well. I will check into this server tonight when I am home.

again if hes paying for the upkeep he can do what he like with it and theres nothing you can do about it

Oh, that's not true.

Abide by the rules or don't play/host.

These rules are pretty funny to me, cause apart from the one time buy of arma2 to just play the dayz mod, dayz's continue flow of income according to me will be the people buying servers.

We don't get ANY income from people renting servers. ZERO.

At the most they will do is give them a warning or maybe and this is a exaggerated maybe ban them for 1 day or 2 (which i don't think will happen)

We blacklisted a few servers in the last two days, including two last night. Not sure where you are getting (or making up) your information.

This is to just keep people who are complaining happy and then everything goes back to usual to keep the admins happy as they are main guys giving dayz money. At the moment Dayz is just focused on collecting money *cough cough* of course I meant data and fixing bugs in the game, So if there are 50 bugs, we will fix 10 bugs and create 10 more, then we can keep the community more interested in finding those 10 we already know about lol... and then fix them and so the community will feel that we are listening ;)

Like I said, we don't get ANY money from ANY of the hosts or hosting providers. Plain and simple, so please stop spreading lies.

• Like 1

Hi Sirben,

Thank you for your report. We appreciate it that you provided proof as well. I will check into this server tonight when I am home.

I love you. Maybe these admin anarchies will have an end if they actually have to fear something.

Vollidiot. Zahlst 33 Euro und hast dort nichts zu melden oder warum sagst du der Server wäre damit nicht "dir"? Wer auch immer der Admin ist bzw. die Admins sind: Es ist egal ob und wie viel ihr für einen Server bezahlt. Ihr seid mit den "Terms of Use" einverstanden gewesen, in denen eindeutig steht, dass ihr den Server NICHT LOCKEN DÜRFT. Selbst nicht wenn ihr den ganzen Tag über gehackt werdet.

Wir haben zeitweise auch auf eurem Server gespielt und meiden diesen nun. Gemeldet haben wir ihn auch.

Not mine Server! Can you read?