Sign in to follow this  
sisly

Need to delete/reset my character (can't kill myself in-game)

I want to reset my character without the in-game solution to kill myself.

My problem is: DayZ crashed, now i can't join any server anymore because it kills my router.

It didn't happen before that crash. Don't know how this can happen or why or if it's a DayZ problem, ArmA probblem or my router's. But I think it can be fixed by starting from scratch with a new char.

As far as I know I don't think there is a way to delete yourself from the server without a Admin doing this for you. If I remember correctly the serial you registered when first starting the game is under a database with your serial key. So I don't think you can restart/delete your character without doing the ingame way unless a Admin can do it from the Hive.

your dayz crashing isn't going to kill your router and even if yoiu could (which you can't) get your character deleted it's not going to fix your problem.

your dayz crashing isn't going to kill your router and even if yoiu could (which you can't) get your character deleted it's not going to fix your problem.

Um, you are trying to say a game can't crash a router/modem completely knocking your internet offline? I hate to break it to you internet guru but you are surely wrong.

Thanks for your replies.

Well I had such a problem with another game. Something about network balancing or network performance. After I unchecked this option my router worked again. So yes, a game can crash your router.

As far as I know I don't think there is a way to delete yourself from the server without a Admin doing this for you. If I remember correctly the serial you registered when first starting the game is under a database with your serial key. So I don't think you can restart/delete your character without doing the ingame way unless a Admin can do it from the Hive.

How do I contact them? Looked at 'dayzmod.com' and couldn't find a way.

When I get to the 'Contact the team' section it asks for login data. Which data do I have to enter?

I bought the game via Steam and then downloaded the 'Six Updater'. I never gave them any login information.

EDIT: Never mind found my way, lol, I'm blind or something, Its just right there. :D

EDIT2: Found a thread with a similar problem: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39378-dayz-kills-whole-network/ maybe this solution works for some. Seems like it's not the fault of the character but of ArmA self. Friend just told me to test ArmA multiplayer and I had the same problem...

Edited by sisly

Okay, found finally the solution to my problem.

Seems like you have to completely disable UPnP from your PC and your router.

First I downloaded this program: http://www.grc.com/unpnp/unpnp.htm (which i got from here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39378-dayz-kills-whole-network/)

Then I disabled upnp on my router.

Now everything is working perfect again.