Sign in to follow this  
Sushin

I think I would rather be killed than kill.

Since I started playing this game, I was a nice guy. Died a lot because I didn't want to shoot, and I used to get a little angry that someone would kill me, a person who would have helped them out. A little naive, but after I got farther north and had some of the best gear, I there wasn't much left to do in the game. Sick of getting killed, I started playing this game like a death match.

I had some fun moments, like chasing a guy off a roof with an axe, beating someone who thinks they are sneaky to death with a crowbar and such. It seems when I'm wreckless it's easy not to get killed, but then I found a ghilie suit and an AK off of someone and started playing the silent hunter. A lot of people, probably wreckless like I was, fell to my gun, but what is a bit disturbing to me is that they have no ammo in their guns half the time. Seeing that, I feel bad, but that made me think about the people who killed me. I knew they weren't doing it out of spite, at least most of the time, but it's gotta come from a place of fear, or revenge, at least partially.

I thought back to the times I actually found people who wouldn't shoot me. Those were the most memorable moments I had in this game. I think what I'm trying to say is, you can die 100 times and kill 100 people, but if you can find one person who decides not to shoot you, and you don't shoot them, it makes for a much better experience. If you play this game with fear and revenge determining your actions, or just blood lust, how much fun do you think you're having?

Edited by Sushin
  • Like 5

Those 10 people I killed yesterday would like to have a word with you... :D nah, just kidding, true, killing is getting out of hand, but nothing much we can do about it, people get attached to their gear and the zombies are... well, more of an annoyance than a fear inducing enemy so people turn to fun things, that is killing everyone they come across... you can in my sig that I've joined those ranks..

imagine a zombie apocalypse in real life, but you cant look into the persons eyes and see their intentions. video games are too unpredictable to trust anyone.

when i was 9 i gave my hellslayer axe in diablo 2 to a guy i knew on bnet for over 6 months, he just wanted to try it out to see how good it was and he instantly deleted me off friends list and stole my axe.

that moment is the reason i blast any mfer who comes within 100m of me.

Crowbars work fine, they just suck. I got killed with one once... I was being stupid throwing flares everywhere for fun and a guy ran out from behind a building. I put some shots into him but he beat me unconcious... I think we both probably died.

That said yeah, I rarely kill and dont like it too much when my buddies cap strangers. The main reason is that interactions with friendlies are a LOT more memorable.

That means I get killed more often than I kill others, but that is not how I score success.

Did crowbars used to work or something? Curious how you beat people to death with an unusable item.

Crowbars DO work, they're just super finicky.

The survival aspect of the game is too easy so the only thing left to do is PvP.

• Like 1

The game would be boring if there were not people like me that kill everyone they are not with.... Just think you wouldn't get that " feeling " when looting a city if you knew every person was going to be nice.... Sure have I not killed people... yes... however if you have a gun.. and I am not " with " you... I am shooting first and asking questions later...

• Like 1

The survival aspect of the game is too easy so the only thing left to do is PvP.

PvP is survival. If you die by the hands of a player you obviously fail at surviving. Surviving isn't just about avoiding stupid zombies, it's about not dying.

Tell me, friend. How long has your current character survived?

I think bandit's are general assholes. Can't they at-least ask if your friendly and say that if you move they'll blow your brains out?

You know how many times I have been killed by people that say they are friendly..... Give me a break... learn how to play against bandits... they are part of the game THAT IS NEEDED or the game wouldn't be near the game that it is !

Since I started playing this game, I was a nice guy. Died a lot because I didn't want to shoot, and I used to get a little angry that someone would kill me, a person who would have helped them out. A little naive, but after I got farther north and had some of the best gear, I there wasn't much left to do in the game. Sick of getting killed, I started playing this game like a death match.

I had some fun moments, like chasing a guy off a roof with an axe, beating someone who thinks they are sneaky to death with a crowbar and such. It seems when I'm wreckless it's easy not to get killed, but then I found a ghilie suit and an AK off of someone and started playing the silent hunter. A lot of people, probably wreckless like I was, fell to my gun, but what is a bit disturbing to me is that they have ammo in their guns half the time. Seeing that, I feel bad, but that made me think about the people who killed me. I knew they weren't doing it out of spite, at least most of the time, but it's gotta come from a place of fear, or revenge, at least partially.

I thought back to the times I actually found people who wouldn't shoot me. Those were the most memorable moments I had in this game. I think what I'm trying to say is, you can die 100 times and kill 100 people, but if you can find one person who decides not to shoot you, and you don't shoot them, it makes for a much better experience. If you play this game with fear and revenge determining your actions, or just blood lust, how much fun do you think you're having?

So true, I am on the verge of switching to kill on sight, but something in me doesn't want to succumb that shit. I know full well that playing passively will ultimately and unfortunately result in not a fun experience. I guess I just don't want to contribute to the demise of this game and I hope others feel the same way. Eventually these senseless bandits will just switch to a different game to troll, but until then......yea it sucks :/ .

cuz we roll in groups of 3-8 ppl. repair veicles is just not my style. Loot some automatic weapon, sneak around stary sobor with 3-4 friends on skype when ya suddenly hear someone shootin makarov, you spot 2 survivors at the stary tents, ya sit there a group of 5 with auto weaps. what to do? sneak away and continue sneak around? no ya open full auto fire ofc, the massive ammount of overkill puts off a show, and the two friends will have a fun memory from dayZ to talk about in the future =) (real story)

now something that is annoying is all the hackers on some servers nowdays

Edited by Plaguetongue
  • Like 1