The Legit Pie

Special Infected

Hello everyone, i see there is alot of commotion over the Infected being to easy and that they need to be made more powerful. So i propse adding more infected to the game such as in Dead Frontier. I do not know if this has been done before but i have looked it up and not found a thread.

Special Infected:

Seer.

The Seer is a Infected individual that has lost its sense of hearing, smell and taste. He is not a fighter. He has no hearing so you can run and shoot enfield rifles next to it and it wont aggro. However it has a much higher than normal visual aggro. If you run near the Seer's (Commonly on roof tops or high places in cities) it will screech doing give a hearing range of 100m-300m alerting the other infected nearby to rush neary the Seer and be on higher alert to search for survivors.

Brute.

The Brute originates from those that are naturally strong and athletic, once infected they may become a Brute. Brutes are relatively slow and move about about 4 fifths of a normal infected. They hit around 599-1499 damage making them a primary target to take down if they are in your path. Brutes would often spawn inside industrial buildings and around military bases.

Stalker.

The Stalker is a rather agile infected, originating from those that are agilie, quick and have sharp senses. Stalkers will hunt down Survivors by mostly hearing. When they discover a survivor they will hunt down the player until killed or lost the survivor. They can detect most players by hearing and have a slightly worse line of sight than the common infected. They hear gunshots much further away than normal infected and attempt to ambush survivors from bushe's.

These are my suggestions, to try and make the game harder and get players thinking of how to avoid certain infected.

No.

If anything they need to make the zombies only able to walk and completely dumb as in not being able to open doors - can only punch them down - and cannot climb stairs. Also can only be really killed by destroying the brain.

Special infected are totally retarded and ridiculous.

Romero zombies are the only zombies.

Horrible idea. pls go.

No.

If anything they need to make the zombies only able to walk and completely dumb as in not being able to open doors - can only punch them down - and cannot climb stairs. Also can only be really killed by destroying the brain.

Special infected are totally retarded and ridiculous.

Romero zombies are the only zombies.

Horrible idea. pls go.

The current zombies in game aren't zombies, they're infected.

This mods zombies are based on the L4D infected. This is not a classic Romero movie so that's also out of the window.

As for special infected...I'm on the fence. I would be fun as a thing but I feel it would stretch the plausibility of the setting.

The current zombies in game aren't zombies, they're infected.

It's still a bad idea.

pls go

This mods zombies are based on the L4D infected. This is not a classic Romero movie so that's also out of the window.

As for special infected...I'm on the fence. I would be fun as a thing but I feel it would stretch the plausibility of the setting.

I think they are only based on the general "zed idea" not necessarily on the ones from l4d. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Dickhat

i think the only thing wrong with them is that they are too fast. to really improve the mod we should:

* decrease the severity of the zig zag they run.

* decrease their speed

* increase their numbers!

* decrease their visual senses

* add in Olfaction detection (smelling blood)

* have them be really attracted to blood

- blood bags could be cut open and splashed on empty cans to lure them away

- could add bloody rags as another diversion tactic (toss them aside while running away)

* mud would be a cool addition, cover yourself in mud to have them not so attracted by blood smell if you are bleeding, but increase risk of infection

• Like 2

I think they are only based on the general "zed idea" not necessarily on the ones from l4d. I could be wrong though.

I've heard Rocket mention 28 Days Later in interviews, which makes sense... the zombies in this game look more "dead" but act pretty much like the 28 days guys.

Honestly I love the super infected in l4D... because you can play them. In DayZ they would not add much, similar to dead island. Yeah, I play too many zombie games.

While variety is nice, I think it would end up feeling like they were copying all the other zombie games. I agree with -Evo and think they would do better by focusing on the current zombies and improving them.