Why are there locked servers today, did the rules change? There are players in them... 1 is locked with 2/2 slots. The other is locked with 3/40.

* Server this happened on: DE (No number) [sKS]Sonder-Kommando-Sturn

and Awnz (says it's running DayZ SP, could be legit, just never seen it)

* Time that it happened including your timezone. 445p GMT -5

* What happened during the incident. Unable to Join, server locked.

EDIT: Correction of 3/50 to the proper number 3/40

Great that you admins do deal this. Its great to see that the rules that you have set is lived after aswell. I really dont like to see the servers with 2/40 in there and then they are locked when I try to join.

Can you get me those servers IP-addresses?

Ill deal with them.

I see no way to get the IP, it's not listed in the server info. I have the players names on each server though, with pictures. I can PM them if needed.

Also both servers are gone at the moment.

EU6 is currently locked with only the admin in there, but I suspect some sort of server maintenance or testing... I hope.

If its a DE server (DAO hosted) I can clarify that there are problems with them, possibly hardware related. The owner is currently trying to diagnose the problem. So it might be locked whilst diagnosis takes place.

Can we please not have a new thread everytime a server is locked? There are a lot of reasons to lock a server, everyone jumps to conclusions far too early.

I have an auto locker in place on my server for when I restart it, so that it locks after the first 10 people join the lobby, which allows it to load the mission much faster and not get bombarded with requests. I feel like some people are just scrolling the server list, hitting refresh, and reporting whenever they see a lock symbol.

Yeah well, RU19 has been passworded for the last 30 minutes 5 people in it, and that DE server is back up, LOCKED with the same 3 people in it. Explain it away if there is a reason.

Get over it and go to a new server.

No.

It's not that I care if the servers are locked, what I care about is the fact that they can then bring these easily looted weapons on the servers where people are legitimately trying to play and test the game.

If someone says hey, there are too many of X number of guns floating around the population (because people are bringing them from LOCKED servers), then the spawn rate of those guns gets changed, that taints the testing. That is why we are here.

EDIT to add