TheMachine

Standalone by September? No chance

I'll buy Arma3 and DayZ if that's what it required. That's me though. I prefer third person shooters that require thinking over twitch gameplay.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Lol @ the retards who are saying "Fuck WarZ" like little cock-riding Fanboys. Sorry, but the game looks very promising... I love DayZ, aside from all the bugs and 15 minutes to get onto a server, and hacking, poorly optimized and clunky engine... the game is still addicting and fun for the most part. However, I am not under the illusion that just because I played this first and am a "fan", that a game will not be released to quickly make me switch for my Zombie Survival fix. If WarZ does what it says it can, and is how a lot of us are imagining it, it will completely blow this mod out of the market and not many people will look back... witch every single patch, this Mod becomes more broken, I had more fun 2 months ago with how things were than the garbage I/we are dealing with now. So, anyone who says "Fuck WarZ" just because you're "loyal" to this Mod, enjoy, you'll be missing out if WarZ turns out to be as good as we all hope. You can have your little community full of Fanboys too "dedicated" and "loyal" to switch games. Same retards who think removing RESPAWN was a good idea because it makes it more 'realistic' and makes you skilled to run 20 minutes to find a major city full of action... Enjoy. I know many of us will switch at the drop of a hat if the Mod keeps going to shit like it has been.

I seriously hope this doesn't go to something that's going to cost me even more money anytime soon. I just spent the money to buy Arma2 for DayZ. I don't care to play Arma, I've got other FPS games for that, including other (and better) simulation games.

Lol @ the retards who are saying "Fuck WarZ" like little cock-riding Fanboys. Sorry, but the game looks very promising... I love DayZ, aside from all the bugs and 15 minutes to get onto a server, and hacking, poorly optimized and clunky engine... the game is still addicting and fun for the most part. However, I am not under the illusion that just because I played this first and am a "fan", that a game will not be released to quickly make me switch for my Zombie Survival fix. If WarZ does what it says it can, and is how a lot of us are imagining it, it will completely blow this mod out of the market and not many people will look back... witch every single patch, this Mod becomes more broken, I had more fun 2 months ago with how things were than the garbage I/we are dealing with now. So, anyone who says "Fuck WarZ" just because you're "loyal" to this Mod, enjoy, you'll be missing out if WarZ turns out to be as good as we all hope. You can have your little community full of Fanboys too "dedicated" and "loyal" to switch games. Same retards who think removing RESPAWN was a good idea because it makes it more 'realistic' and makes you skilled to run 20 minutes to find a major city full of action... Enjoy. I know many of us will switch at the drop of a hat if the Mod keeps going to shit like it has been.

why does warz look promising?

i can't find a scrap of info except some interview with a DEVELOPER OF WARZ and a handful of screenshots... based on previous experiences, that does not 'look promising' for a game 5-6 months away from release ('end of the year').

maybe it will be amazing, there are a few interesting features... but being a cynical person i expect it to be a cheap, rushed piece of tat which is being pushed out to amass money from the design and success of dayz.

• Like 1

How can he use the Arma 3 engine before the end of the year if arma 3 isn't released until way the fuck knows when?

How did VTM:Bloodlines release using Source before Half-Life 2 and CS:S were released?

Why is it your business to give a fuck what happens when? You're not paying for fuck all and every post you type costs enough exchange bandwidth between routers from your computer to this forum to feed a small African family for a week.

Learn to conserve. Use your inside voice.

Nobody here has to care what your fucking opinion is.

Edited by semipr0

hi,

My guess is that it will be a DLC for Arma 3.

I hope you are right.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
  • Like 1

The engine itself could be done already. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines went gold with the Source engine before Half Life 2.

But it's all speculation at this point and is pretty much useless.

Valve licensed the Quake ][ engine, and improved on it, adding a new renderer (a DirectX one, IIRC, but they kept the OpenGL and software renderers) and several other nice features. They used this for Half-Life, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike 1.6, etc., and also offered it for relicensing under the name GoldSrc.

Over the years and years it took to make Half-Life 2, they rewrote literally the entire engine. Not a single line of code remains from Quake ][. They rewrote the renderer (several times), added all kinds of animation goodies, integrated Havok physics, and so on. But they kept the same basic client/local server/server design, the same general layout. It's much like how GNU made the basic Linux toolset - they copied the design of UNIX, but did not use any code from it. I wouldn't say it was completed when Vampire the Masquerade came out :) sorry, random bit of information from me @_@

Edited by internetTAB

-semipr0 & Dankine-

The prime example of a close-minded, barely sentient/half-retarded, aggressive Fanboys. Keep riding those nuts young men, wash them and powder them, treat them with care...

Edited by PlanetAwkword

-semipr0 & Dankine-

The prime example of a close-minded, barely sentient/half-retarded, aggressive Fanboys. Keep riding those nuts young men, wash them and powder them, treat them with care...

Fanboy? Thats an interesting choice of words.

I have plenty of criticism for this game, I don't bother making wild assumptions about things I know nothing about....unlike the OP.

If reserving my criticism for things that fucking matter makes me a fanboy, then I guess that bacterial growth on your chin makes you a man in whatever part of Quebec you live in.

Edited by semipr0

I know I bring up this topic again.. But if it's going to be a standalone. Could our character datas converted to the standalone? Or do we play all night and all day for finally nothing?? :o

hi,

If it is released as a DLC with ArmA3, a lot of collision bugs like doors breaking your legs, AI pathfinding and vehicles will be "improved" since BIS will implement PhyX in RV engine.

cya.

Nikiller.

I know I bring up this topic again.. But if it's going to be a standalone. Could our character datas converted to the standalone? Or do we play all night and all day for finally nothing?? :o

You're forgetting the first and formost rule of DayZ. Don't get attached to your gear :P

-semipr0 & Dankine-

don't give any semblance of an argument, just attack people. that'll prove your point.

warz is and will be a watered down, carebear game. hence, shit.

don't give any semblance of an argument, just attack people. that'll prove your point.

warz is and will be a watered down, carebear game. hence, shit.

You talk about arguments and atacking people, and then atack the game without using arguments. Thats reasonable.

Still, if it turns out to be a "carebear" game like you say, maybe its for the best.

Then all the retarted children that kill for fun and made this Mod turn into a CoD, can stick with DayZ and kill each other until they get bored of doing the same shit over and over again, while everyone else with normal brain functions moves to something more close to what DayZ announces, a damn Survival Game in a Zombie Apocalypse, because right now, zombies are the last cause of death in Chernarus.

You seem to be a bit confused about what it would take to go stand-alone.

Port to ARMA 3 (which he has already done).

Branch the code.

Release a build.

Voila, DayZ is stand-alone.

Easily accomplished by the end of the year, if not sooner. Only thing holding him back is probably waiting for ARMA 3 to go Beta.

• Like 1

Oh so you know everything about game releases right? So we should take your word because you have released a game in the past? I can't wait for the standalone in September. I would pay 30 bucks for it if necessary. And if it follows the Minecraft model that's perfect, because then you are with the game the whole time it progresses, from alpha to beta to full release.

You talk about arguments and atacking people, and then atack the game without using arguments. Thats reasonable.

Still, if it turns out to be a "carebear" game like you say, maybe its for the best.

Then all the retarted children that kill for fun and made this Mod turn into a CoD, can stick with DayZ and kill each other until they get bored of doing the same shit over and over again, while everyone else with normal brain functions moves to something more close to what DayZ announces, a damn Survival Game in a Zombie Apocalypse, because right now, zombies are the last cause of death in Chernarus.

The calling it a watered down, carebear game is the argument.

Attacking a person in an attempt to invalidate their argument is nothing like attacking the game btw.

Edited by Dankine

I don't think the OP understands what 'standalone' means.

Standalone does not mean it will be a finished product. In fact, it will probably be just as buggy if not worse, but it'll give Rocket and crew far more power and control over the development process.

• Like 1

The calling it a watered down, carebear game is the argument.

Not sure how that slipped past you...

Arguments and opinions are diferent things.

Arguments are logical statements based on facts. Can you give me facts to sustain your statement?

You should pay more attention in school, some things are slipping past you...

Edited by Trajado

Arguments and opinions are diferent things.

Arguments are logical statements based on facts. Can you give me facts to sustain you statement?

You should pay more attention in school, some things are slipping past you...

My opinions are based on the facts they have released about the game.

You'll be able to spend money in the game for items of convenience or to rent game servers.

...if you want or to purchase certain consumables (food, medicine, ammo) at the General Store in one of the safe settlements and in the Marketplace in the frontend.

Safe zones, buying things in game. Just two of the reasons why it will be ass.

Really shouldn't condescend when you haven't the first clue what you are talking about.

Edited by Dankine

My opinions are based on the facts they have released about the game.

Safe zones, buying things in game. Just two of the reasons why it will be ass.

Really shouldn't condescend when you haven't the first clue what you are talking about.

Then they are opinions and not arguments. You just said it yourself. What are you not understanding?

If they released info about the game, yes, you are entitled to your opinion about such facts. That doesn't make it an argument.

I can say about the same facts that they are great and are not carebear at all, if that is my opinion.

Opinion:

An opinion is a subjective belief, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts.

You can support your opinion with arguments, but your opinion is not an argument. When you say "watered down" and "carebear", this "arguments" are as valid as the "arguments" PlanetAwkword used.

Validity of Arguments:

The validity of an argument depends, not on the actual truth or falsity of its premises and conclusions, but solely on whether or not the argument has a valid logical form.

The validity of an argument is not a guarantee of the truth of its conclusion. A valid argument may have false premises and a false conclusion.

Therefore, both, you and Planet, used let's say, "false arguments", wich in lack of a better word, is not an argument, simply because you failed to present them in a logical form.

Edited by Trajado

argument: a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea

my reasons (argument) for thinking it will be shite (opinion), based on the facts they have released.

Really quite simple and you trying to write some convoluted pseudo intellectual post doesn't change anything I've said.

I never said my opinion was an argument, I said the game would be shite for x reasons, those reasons being the argument. Stop trying to make it look as if people have said things they haven't.

Edited by Dankine

argument: a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea

my reasons (argument) for thinking it will be shite (opinion), based on the facts they have released.

Really quite simple and you trying to write some convoluted pseudo intellectual post doesn't change anything I've said.

I never said my opinion was an argument, I said the game would be shite for x reasons, those reasons being the argument. Stop trying to make it look as if people have said things they haven't.

If you had noticed i didn't bother to explain what an argument was, instead i showed you how to define if an argument was valid or not, and showed you your argument was not valid because it had no logic supporting it.

I also showed you that Planet had "arguments" just has valid has your's, and that you had no need to hammer him down.

And I'm not trying to write something pseudo intellectual at all, you told me not to be condescending, so i stoped doing it.

PS - Altough its interesting that you were condescending with me first, but then edited your post.

Edited by Trajado