ArchAngel-7-

Done With Server Hosting

Ban first, ask questions later.

If you ban someone who was legit, they'll contact you and you can unban them.

Or they will cry here on the forum making your server blacklisted or such ;)

But yeah I will do the same now.

I will kick/ban and if my server will be blacklisted or something I will just quit hosting.

Enough is enough.

Right there with you. There are no other games out there that when you pay for your own server force you into a corner like DayZ does.

I wonder what Rocket and the rest of the Dayz crew would do, if every server owner that is pissed off, fed up and annoyed with the hackers and banning rules that they went on strike, and shut down their server for a week or longer, and the server list then fulls below maybe 100 servers that are just full of people hacking.....

THEN what would you do Rocket........ Black list 90% of your servers? good luck having a server to test on.

P.s also a server owner, my server has not been up for more than a month yet all ready annoyed with hackers,

the other day I was in a ligit car going a long the road (at this point I was not signed in as admin) and bang a hacker who thought it was funny to teleport down the road a long side the car, I did no more than sign in as Admin and banned him.

Dayz team I ask you this how can you make us put up with this whist we send you in a ticket to have to wait for a few days and by then that hacker has destroyed everyones camp and made everyone leave your server just to spread the word "don't go on such and such server beacause of hackers"

its getting to the point where the HACKERS! have more power over the server than the PAYING server owner..... where is the right in that?

• Like 3

We've found a way to extend our scripts.txt to stop a few of the more annoying script injections, but not all of them.

Our policy is pretty simple, pull the logs, identify the perpetrator and ban.

3000 ping? Sorry you're banned.

Log off in combat? Sorry you're banned.

Attempt to access server controls? Banned.

We find hacked weapons on your corpse? Banned.

We're quite happy to have a server full of legitimate players who play the game as intended. And nothing makes us happier to have to recover from having a team of our clan wiped by a nicely put together group of survivors/bandits.

But if you fuck around on our server, sorry, banned.

And if our server gets shut down for our policy? So the fuck what. I can spend more in one night at a bar with friends than I do for this server.

We follow the rules, though, we don't lock, we don't kick for clan members, but when it comes to bans, you're goddamn right we're going to ban people when the need arises.

Don't much care if we get blacklisted for that. We're trying to run a fair game for the people that play on our server. If thats a violation of policy, then fine....I'm guilty.

Semi, either get the hell outta my head, or pull up a chair- the next round's on me.

This is why I have openly stated I use an ESP hack to moderate my server and keep it safe for all the legit players out there. I have been through 5 cd keys doing it however it has been very pleasant.

Im right there with you. I think we should be able to atleast lock our servers! Im tired of the hackers!

And I predicted, new ones are coming online just as fast.

I really wonder why you consistently post in favor of the dayz staff and shit. It's almost funny reading some of your posts and how far you lean over to gobble.

That being said, the servers have been dropping in numbers for weeks. Jumped the shark would be a phrase commonly used at this time. I wouldn't be amazed if private HIVE systems take over the main system by October.

EDIT: lol twitter.....I have more followers on my twitter and I've never used it more than once. Holy fuuuuuuu.

Edited by rinaun

Im right there with you. I think we should be able to atleast lock our servers! Im tired of the hackers!

You can. Look into hosting a private HIVe system. They are not supported but are allowed. They allow you to do this.

all i can say is wtf would ever cause someone to say no to password crap when servers cost so much anyways thats why my clan bought a server then just found out all this crap rocket must work with the call of duty people but he must be in the other room cause campain mode would be so bad with co op and dayz would be so horrible if people bought their own server and could enforce their rules since hint hint THEY PAID FOR IT!!!!

Good to hear! I'd love to submit my stats from my private HIVE system and help rocket. Rocket however doesn't want my data/does not offer me a client that takes this data from my MYSQL HIVE.

Sounds like his loss!

and once again here is someone who is fed up with the bull and you freebees are here crying about the fact it might be the end of your free ride

So true, but there aren't that many frequent people on my server that are idiots that cry and report because of scheduled restarts and then make up some bullshit excuse just so the server gets taken down, this method doesn't work as I've seen before. I hardly see servers get shut down even if the admins ban, kick and lock for no reason.

cool story bro, don't host a server then

Have fun playing whist you can VADER, in a few months their will not be any servers left for YOU! to play on, or their might be a few but good luck getting any where when its full of lets see..... HACKERS! what people fail to see is that the server owners are one of the most important thing in this alpha.... no servers no testing no alpha no dayz, the only way it could continue is if Rocket started paying for servers.

its people like you with stupid sarcastic replys that makes being a server owner that little bit more annoying,

each day the server list goes down and down, when a server owner/ admin can't even ban a hacker untll they have proof by then their camp is destroyed where is the right in that....

Their is two options here.

Let server owners and Admins have the power over their servers that they should have.

OR fix the hacking problem.....

I have owned many game servers and by far I fill this has to be the worse.....

And to any and all server owners and admins set a date, lets go on strike and shut our servers down for a day, a week hell even a month or more, and then see what happens to "Rockets Alpha"

Things need to change..

Edited by matt6950
  • Like 1

I probably missed a post or two, so forgive me if i bring up old stuff.

My idea regarding private/public servers are pretty simple:

You want to run a private server for your friends (password protected etc) The server wont be connected to the Hive.

You want to run a public one, it will be.

Simple, that way those private servers cant be used as "farming servers" and people tired of hackers etc are happy.

No server hoster should be allowed to password, or lock their server. EVER. If you want to do that, go private hive,...

At this rate scripting will become the norm