ToBbErT

Moving DayZ to SSD

Hello

Im planning to move the game from my D drive to my C drive. Now im wondering what data dayz actually uses. In steamapps/common i see there are 2 maps "arma 2" and "arma 2 operation arrowhead". So my question is wich map i need in order to play dayz. Or do i need them both? I could just copy them both but im trying to save space on my ssd. Thanks in advance!

Hello there

Take a peek in the bohemia forums, this issue has been dealt with in depth there.

I can't help directly i'm afraid.

Rgds

LoK

Well i just installed arma 2 on the ssd since the chernarus map is used, OA is on a normal hdd, works for me.

the easiest way i found.. recently did it 1 weeks ago..

step 1: delete @dayz file in both arma 2 and arma 2 OA

step 2: move both files to new destination

step 3: open sixlauncher, re-install dayz mod

step 4: KILL SUM FUGGIN ZEDS!

i tryed moving it without deleting @dayz.... it moved it... but on the move it arranged the files differently...

Hello

Im planning to move the game from my D drive to my C drive. Now im wondering what data dayz actually uses. In steamapps/common i see there are 2 maps "arma 2" and "arma 2 operation arrowhead". So my question is wich map i need in order to play dayz. Or do i need them both? I could just copy them both but im trying to save space on my ssd. Thanks in advance!

What version of windows?

To be easy, you could just create a symbolic link (windows calls them junctions) from the game folder(s) to where they are. This is what I do. I have a 256GB OS drive that is an SSD but I have over 500 gigs of games installed as I just symbolically link the game I used less to the slower drives.

1.) Copy the arma 2 and arma 2 oa folder from the steam apps folder.

2.) In a cmd prompt in the common folder type mklink /J "arma 2" "<path to where you moved arma 2 files to>"

3.) In a cmd prompt in the common folder type mklink /J "arma 2 operation arrowhead" "<path to where you moved arma 2 oa files>"

No you will see folder with shortcut icons on them. As far as steam and the OS are concerned those folder ARE on the same drive, but they are physically stored on the SSD. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

Thats the method i was planning to use Paronity :) Its a shame i need both maps couse i only have a 128gb drive but i have like 70gb left so its not really a problem. Thx for the help all. Maybe we will meet some day on the battlefield ♥

Thats the method i was planning to use Paronity :) Its a shame i need both maps couse i only have a 128gb drive but i have like 70gb left so its not really a problem. Thx for the help all. Maybe we will meet some day on the battlefield ♥

As far as I know, you only need Arma 2 CO and not Arma on the SSD drive to get the desired performance boost:

The Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is the standalone expansion to the original ARMA 2 and does not require the original game in order to play.

http://www.arma2.com/game-features/arma-2-operation-arrowhead-features_en.html

I would look at just moving the .pbo files, since those are the things that contain most of the data, if I'm not mistaken. Should be about 4gb + DayZ mod files.

I'm going to look into this when I get home from work, I'll post here if I get it to work on my SSD drive.

Yes please post the results cos im not getting it to work. Im pretty sure i did everything correctly but i keep getting errors. On the start up when i join a server i get the message "Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'dayz_equip'. And when i try to join a server i get instantly kicked becouse ive a modified dir.... I even used a application called "Steamtool library manager" but i get the same results.

Edit : Chronic's method worked perfectly. I regret not trying it in the first place. Anyway im still curious zq7 if you manage to save some space.

Edited by ToBbErT