Sign in to follow this  
Jaeskern

List of servers with side/global chat ON

Can you name them please? Preferably Europe but US would be ok too.

None?

I was on a server with side/global chat yesterday. Does that mean it was a private server? It did not have a password or anything.

Edited by Jaime

EU NOHOP (v1.7.2.4/95417) SERVER HOPING OFF / UTC-2 / Remote:NOHOP.PeVePe.NET 2302 100 slots capacity with ~30 online players.

on this server u must start with a new character and will be avaible only on this server for u to play. I played few weeks on it and i haven't found any hackers.

EU NOHOP (v1.7.2.4/95417) SERVER HOPING OFF / UTC-2 / Remote:NOHOP.PeVePe.NET 2302 100 slots capacity with ~30 online players.

on this server u must start with a new character and will be avaible only on this server for u to play. I played few weeks on it and i haven't found any hackers.

This server is most likely a server not on the hive.

Edit: Also as far as I have read, it is against the hosting lisence agreement to have global chat enabled as by default it comes disabled from the DayZ team and editting the server files is against the agreement made when setting up a server.

Edited by Maroite

Mostly just the private hive servers. It's a really good feature, pity it's restricted in the long list of retarded server restrictions.

Once this feature was removed this mod went to shit and everyone started killing on sight.

Back when it was enabled on all servers it was actually possible to team up with people.

Edited by MajesticShitstain
  • Like 1

Once this feature was removed this mod went to shit and everyone started killing on sight.

Back when it was enabled on all servers it was actually possible to team up with people.

Yeah, I noticed that in servers with it enabled. The game is also a lot more fun and less lonely when you're flying solo.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention US 173 hosted by LOTC has side chat enabled

Yeah, I noticed that in servers with it enabled. The game is also a lot more fun and less lonely when you're flying solo.

It's also fun watching how people rage when you kill them.

Edited by MajesticShitstain

None?

I can actually tell you that a few servers have side-channel on their server, I heard that all servers are meant to have it removed, not sure if it is true.

Edited by Ryzo

Last I heard it's an option. I hope that's true. Most of the servers have it disabled, a couple of them have it enabled, it's up to the player to decide whether or not to join it. Now that it's not mandatory I think it's fine the way it is.

It is NOT an option. Server hosts aren't allowed to edit the mod files to enable global chat.

None?

Take your trolling elsewhere;

Also thanks for everyone who contribited to the thread.

It is NOT an option. Server hosts aren't allowed to edit the mod files to enable global chat.

It is.And server hosts can do whatever the fuck they want.They pay for the server.

Actually, server hosts cannot do whatever they want if they signed a terms of service contract when taking possession of the software. I have seen servers blacklisted for such offenses and removed from the server lists. I've read that one of the agreements is that you cannot have a locked server as well, so there are rules that server hosts must follow. Both LOTC and GMRadio have side chat enabled though as I have not seen them up in about a week I am assuming they got blacklisted.

That was the only thing that made this mod entertaining.I don't even play anymore because now its just a singleplayer game griefers griefing each other.

Guest cRy

I love how the server owners can't admin their server properly by tracking hackers, DC'n assholes with a ban.

But, the hackers/exploiters can do basically whatever the fuck they want.

The whole thing is Bizzaro world.

What fucking planet is Rocket from?

Oh, that is right... NZ.

Where everything runs backwards.

Heh.

JK.

Not really.

Fix this fucking game.

• Like 1