Sign in to follow this  
warex (DayZ)

Loot respawn

Hey there. I just have a question and that is: How does the loot respawn work in Day Z ?

I dont consider "farming" loot as an exploit, more like a "clever use of game mechanic" just as it is in most other games.

Ive been playing this game 100% "real" for the last weeks, but I have never gotten a sniper, so I though id go "farm" a barn and hope for one.

So how does it work? Do I have to take all the loot for it to respawn, and do I have to be at a distance, and how much?

• Like 1

This has been answered many times, and there are a couple good guides in this forum. Use the search function.

all of it, clear it out, dump it somewhere hidden, and usually theres a wait, 5 minutes, ten, but it all comes back. hatchets and cans, whiskey bottles are the problem when i farm. and i do farm. i got a coyote and a ghillie doing it. NW and NE is dangerous unless clanned up with several watchers due to the serverhoppers. got caught a few times that way. cherno and elektro is dangerous at any time. do it at a tree stand, alot safer in the long run. and good military grade loot usually. good luck.

well if you quit out and then rejoin, even in another server Im pretty sure the game has a mechanic where nothing will spawn or you will get the same stuff to stop server hoppers etc etc. You want to go inland wherever your feet will take you and look for barns and cattlemarkets, Just stay away from big towns and cities like Cherno, Elecktro, and Stary, and more so the NW airbase. You will find a sniper eventually. I found quite a few of those CZ Barn Snipers, also check deer huts as Ive found 1 or 2 in those.. But to answer your question with my knowledge is that a human player has to be out of a certain radius for new loot to spawn. By doing the above aswel you may come across a downed chopper or 2 in a field, This is where you will get all of the high powered snipers like the M10, AS50 and DMR`s, But I found I had an easier time getting kills with the barn sniper.

Good Luck on your deadly travels

• Like 1

More people you have in the area, the faster the loot spawns, at least from my observations.

Hey there. I just have a question and that is: How does the loot respawn work in Day Z ?

I dont consider "farming" loot as an exploit, more like a "clever use of game mechanic" just as it is in most other games.

Ive been playing this game 100% "real" for the last weeks, but I have never gotten a sniper, so I though id go "farm" a barn and hope for one.

So how does it work? Do I have to take all the loot for it to respawn, and do I have to be at a distance, and how much?

It is an exploit, regardless if you consider it one or not. It was not intended by the game designer, and it gives you an advantage, thus it is an exploit of the game mechanics.

Anyway, afaik it works as following:

Empty loot spots start spawning as soon as you are near it (ca. 200m). It does not spawn anything if the loot spot containy at lest one item. Spawning for empty loot spots is pretty quick, in 10-20 minutes the building will be almost full. There is also the despawn, it will start if no player is in range.

Myths:

Spaning does not work while you are in the building - That's bs, seen it with my own eyes

More people will cause it to spawn faster - I didn't notice a diffrence. Anyone got any data on that?

More people will cause it to spawn faster - I didn't notice a diffrence. Anyone got any data on that?

Had 3 people cycling stary, loot respawned in tents pretty damn fast. On the other hand I solo farmed the industrial buildings around stary and it would take forever for loot to respawn