Nevelon

My inventory doesn't save after disconnecting from a server.

Hey, I recently bought the game, and I think its great but, I can't logout/disconnect or change server or anything without losing my items in my inventory.

When i reconnect, my Blood saves and location (Where i logged out) saves, but I lose all items, I only have the standard starter items.

I have already reinstalled everything.

I bought Operation arrowhead and use the Arma II free version.

1.7.2.4 @Hive servers.

Would love some help

Edited by Nevelon

No clue if im right here but i would suggest that its because your using arma 2 free and not the real deal. Like i said that may or may not be the case. You also get HDR rendering and better textures if you have the real arma 2 so id recommend getting it either way.

Thanks for the quick answers, I actually followed one of these guides(thats why I only bought Operation Arrowhead)

Like I said, I use the Operation arrowhead.

I play 1.7.2.4(latest)

I also play @Hive servers.

Edited by Nevelon

Same here.

I've had this since I bought the game (2days ago) Nothing has been saved ever in my inventory, same problem?

Same problem for me, and i have ArmA 2 paid version and same for Arma 2 OA.

This problem is more and more known ....

But any admin care of it ! I can't play since 1 week .... Wait for an answer ....

Hope that this problem be resolved soon ...

REally disapointed in this game, when I can't even play it..

Try Making A New Player Profile In The Main Menu Instead Of Using The Default one.

Also Delete All Your .cfg Files and saves.

Will test that. I've have installed it on two different computers with same problem.

Will test that. I've have installed it on two different computers with same problem.

If so then it looks like a server side problem not your setup...

have you tried going on a server thats hosted by a different host?

try going on a server you would not normally play on... pick up some crap for you inventory, quit out of the game then go back in to the same server.

if it still does not save your inventory, then it must be because u dont have the full versions of the game...

i know someone mentioned that its happend to them on the full retail they have, but they might just have been mistaken by a bug when your inventory has been lost, it has happend to me a few times, but most of the time it works fine.

Dont forget this is a mod not an official game, and there are LOTS of problems that come with it, but the devs are really pushing to get them fixed.

it would really be worth it in my opinion to get the full retail copy rather than the free one. i can promise you its worth getting even with all the problems game bugs.

i honestly think you wont have the inventory problem then.

like i say if u have tried installing on a different PC and tried deleting cfg files, and different servers and still get the problem, then it has to be because of the free version you are using in my opinion.

other than that i cant think what else it could be.

Hope you get it fixed...

may the beans be with you.

Edited by Susscon

In response to Susscon:

I purchased the full version of Arma 2 Combined operations on steam about 3-4 weeks ago. I've been playing dayz since then with no problems such as this. Around 2 weeks ago I started experiencing this same problem. I'll do things in game (pick up loot, eat/drink, drop thing) and none of it besides my location and SOMETIMES my hunger/thirst will be saved. I play on a variety of servers and I have tried ones that I wouldn't normally play on. The problem still continues. I do recall someone mentioning having 2 different steam names with 2 different cd keys and playing on the same system. 1 key would have the problem and then 1 wouldnt. This is leading me to believe that this is a problem server wide and not locally. People have also stated that re-installing everything hasn't helped.

In response to Susscon:

I purchased the full version of Arma 2 Combined operations on steam about 3-4 weeks ago. I've been playing dayz since then with no problems such as this. Around 2 weeks ago I started experiencing this same problem. I'll do things in game (pick up loot, eat/drink, drop thing) and none of it besides my location and SOMETIMES my hunger/thirst will be saved. I play on a variety of servers and I have tried ones that I wouldn't normally play on. The problem still continues. I do recall someone mentioning having 2 different steam names with 2 different cd keys and playing on the same system. 1 key would have the problem and then 1 wouldnt. This is leading me to believe that this is a problem server wide and not locally. People have also stated that re-installing everything hasn't helped.

hmmmmm, i guess the only thing you can do is try and contact G Force from the DayZ staff

im sure he would be able to help you out or at least tell you guys whats wrong and why.

i have this same problem but my data also wont be saved in other arma2 mods like rp servers so it seems like a problem with arma.