Sign in to follow this  
Sula

Thank you to the Cherno Store Heroes!

A big thanks to the guy who killed zombies and tried to save my life when I was bleeding out in the Cherno store. He told me to lie low and he'd go get some blood. I wish I'd known his name. I was amazed and delighted to find such a helpful player. :thumbsup:

Then another player found my lying on the floor, shot me and ran on by. What a great guy. :rolleyes:

Ah well that's the way dayz rolls. :D

Another thanks to the bus driver who heard my reassurance that I was a friendly and rescued me from Balota airfield zombies, this morning with a bus! Sadly, I bled to death but what a kind thing to do. That was my first time seeing a real, actual running vehicle in dayz. It was exciting. :)

And a big thanks to Catman, who I met up with today. We've been off exploring the hills. Amazing what you learn when you talk with other players. :thumbsup: Actually, I'm going to another thread inviting people to meet up.

• Like 11

The awesome moment when you actually find a friendly ;P haha has happened to me on the odd occasion and its awesome. Shame its only a minority of say 5% of players..

Wish I'd ever find such players.

Seen other players about 10 times, been killed all 10 of them. Last time a couple of minutes ago, I kept typing and screaming in the mic, that I'm friendly, and I lay down my axe.

He stared at me for a good 30 seconds, like I was some kind of freak, Then stabbed me and looted the non-value shit I was carrying.

God I hate most players in DayZ.

• Like 3

Oh Neo! You poor thing. I'm sorry to hear that. Though you did make me laugh when you wrote, "God I hate most players in DayZ". :)

I've been shot twice since playing and it hurts. It's the betrayal of mankind by mankind, in a world where we should be helping each other. It's that moment you realise not everyone has the same definition of the "honorable" that you do. Chin up friend. If you see me I promise I will not shoot anyone unless they shoot at me first, so say hello if you say Sula or Reilly in the game. I play by both names. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

hi,

Nice story. I wish more stuff like that happens in DayZ.

If noobies wouldn't try to backstabb people who help them as soon as they find a hatchet I would go to south and pick up a guy and gear him from time to time. Sadly, 90% of them try to kill you to grab your gear when they find their first weapon. Welcome to Chernarus ^_^ .

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Would of done the same, and have done the same...

Same story, guy got shot and bleeding out, me n bro blew the bandit away, I distracted 30+ Zeds, bro run round the back and bandaged and blood transfused the guy, dont think I have ever been called a saint before but there ya go ^^

Even gave him my mackarov and let him roll with us for 10mins to get basic supply's

Bandit - 0 AJ n Paul - 1

• Like 3

This brings up a good question to me. How the hell can see another players Name? Am I missing it when targeting them or something? Everytime I do run into a friendly they know my name ut I don't know theirs.

You're in the map menu's player list?

This brings up a good question to me. How the hell can see another players Name? Am I missing it when targeting them or something? Everytime I do run into a friendly they know my name ut I don't know theirs.

Some servers have it so you can see other players...most dont...having it on is a snipers wet dream as they dont even have to aim at you to see you...

AJ

Some servers have the nametags Enabled so you can see their name when you aim at them. On the other hand you can press 'I' on the keyboard to bring the player list up.

Edited by witalit

And a big thanks to Catman, who I met up with today. We've been off exploring the hills. Amazing what you learn when you talk with other players. :thumbsup: Actually, I'm going to another thread inviting people to meet up.

Hey you're welc.... wait... I not been playing today! :huh:

Plus I would have more than likely shot you. :ph34r:

Oh yes,name tags. They're a mixed blessing. Often, the only way I can see the people I'm with is looking for their tags but others see them too. <_<

Appreciate the info. I knew about the player list but I was talking about the players I see in front of me. Sometimes when I target someone I see their name if I'm lucky, usually it either doesn't show their name (maybe I'm missing it?), or I see the name of the backpack they have on. For a while I thought there were a shit ton of people named ALICE...LoL. Good looking out yall. Thanks.

On some servers you can flick the mouse wheel, this'll give you a hand pointing down like cursor which will better show up player names/tags. This may also act like a ranger finder - depending on the server.

Shame there aren't more players like this.

The only time I would kill someone else is if they start firing shots at me like a dick.

But they are out there. I've spoken to so many nice players in this forum. bradley.allen20 (skype name) is a good guy and keen to meet up with other people to play the game and get some good weapons. So add him on skype, and of course Stiffy too, who's another trustworthy player. Neither of these guys is going to turn around and shoot you. They are interested in working together not making enemies. Stiffy's skype is mikkla121.

Add them and just say Sula said they were looking for people to make up a small group for dayz. :thumbsup:

At best I've found a couple people who are willing to ignore me and let us carry on our separate ways.

Once was a while back in Cherno, we all were obviously fresh spawns just trying to gear up and running around like idiots and we all ignored each other.

The second was a pair of survivors raiding the NW airfield who caught me in the control tower. They shot first, I retreated into the building and then I heard on the mic someone ask "Friendly?" so I replied friendly. They were obviously worried I would turn on them cause they watched me as I left the building but I tried not to give them a reason to shoot and they let me go. Sadly a few minutes later as I headed to the barracks another survivor shot me on sight.

Third time was after respawning following death at the airfield. I just spawned near Komarovo and I was in the warehouse there and some guy was shooting all crazy, not sure if he was aiming at zombies or me but I think he hit me at least once (think it was a makarov.) I asked him to not shoot me since I just spawned and he told me "Everyone gets one, kid" and continued firing at zombies and left me alone. Sadly as soon as I made it to Cherno I saw that the store was blown to bits and as I checked the rubble for anything useful, seeing a crossbow, I hear a voice, "You feeling lucky?" and then I was dead.

• Like 1

haha great topici had similar experiences as others here,

in elektro, i went into the northern church i think there was a broke down bus in the doorway. i went inside, i had a good amount of stuff, food, waterbottles etc...no gun though, just a hatchet on my belt and a crowbar. went into the church, as i am looking around i had left the doors open, i see them close, freeked me out. then they opoen and a green haiered shaggy thing shambles in raises some laser rifle looking space gun and shots me. just like that 2 hours of crawling fighting hand to hand and poof asshat deluxe.

but it balances out as i respawn in cherno, and i make for the church there, and i of course am in a respawn hurry still chapped about that dipstick that had no need of my gear.

and i attract zombies kind of forgetting i dont have any waepons. so i start vaulting fences and vigourously looking for anything a smoke nade or a sharp stick a 2x4 or a rake a shovel any of those kinds of things you would expect a homeowner to leave behind in a zombie outbreak.

sigh but i stumble onto a crowbar in a shed, YESSSS. i kill take damage and evade all but one little hopper. i duck into the church couch and as im turning back to the door to deal with this hopper and maybe any others following, i catch what has to be a player or a hopper in the pews, no time to banter i kill the hopper close the doors and before i turn around...i type " hey im not a bad guy, friendly no danger to you just hungry"

guy is talking to me i can hear him but i cant make out the words clearly to low, so i type im gonna drop this here no weapons can i come in and eat?" he types "YES!!!! COME IN!!!" so i drop my crowbar and start eating a can of pasta and scavenging what i expect to be a empty church. and before i can ask the guy if hes thirsty, i got a six pack of soda.... hes gone . find a few things and grab my crow bar and moved on down the road.

oh in case someone reads this, thanks to the guy who didnt run me over in that truck , and then left it and gifted it to me.... you warned me it needed gas and repairs, i tried to fix it but when i went to stash it for a minute i was shot in the back as i was pulling the AR and ammo out the back. it was real fun running over zombies in the dark and blowing that loud ass horn it was a blast. right up until i realized i most likely attracted every player in the area and maybe the truck was stolen in the first place............

love this mod. want it to become a full game polished and tuned.

the only real friendlies i've met have been people I chatted with on TS3

otherwise, the people who don't try to shoot me and just part ways, are the friendliest randoms I've met.

Thank you, Ghoulina, what a lovely thing to say! Why do you need a second character to do that? You would always be welcome to join me. :thumbsup: