Elektro (DayZ)

DayZ practically unplayable? ( Current State )

So me and a friend of mine were enjoying another " life " of DayZ. So at first we decided to head to Elektro, got some stuff, went to Cherno but then we got a glance of the current graphical bug, we thought " ok " we'll go to the airstrip at Balota, same results, we started deciding to head to the Airfield, but we took a break and logged back in, all our stuff was gone, ghillie suits, ALICE packs, AKMs, my friend's SVD all gone. We tried again, we had the same results in Cherno and Balota so we wanted to go to Stary Sober whilst going to the airfield, even THERE was another graphical bug, we finally made it to the airfield and even another graphical bug. We had to hop numerous servers to temporally fix it, and when we did I decided to take point into the Fire Station, zombie's came due to our noise. When I was on the 2nd-3rd floor of the fire station, a zombie teleported to me, hit me and I glitched and went through the building, fell and broke my leg then to be eaten by zombies.

Sorry for the wall of text there, but this game is practically unplayable ( At the moment ) It just seems like every single patch fixes 1-2 bugs, but brings in 4-5.

You can call me a QQ'er, but really am I, it's not like I'm begging them to fix this, I'm asking " you " do you agree this game is practically unplayable in its current state, I think I'll stay away from the DayZ Mod until things are patched up

ps: the alpha crap won't mean anything to me, that excuse is getting old now, if you do not like what I'm saying, simply take it out of your brain and move on to another thread. Yes I have stopped playing DayZ for a little while, atleast until the Graphical Bugs are fixed, the zombie teleporting aren't as big an issue really.

Edit : I'm not saying the game is bad, every game will have it's bugs, I'm just saying what I think of the game's current state. Yes it will be fixed, but again this is it's current state

Thanks for reading.

EditX2 ( ikr ) : I'm simply asking you do you think the games current state is unplayable, frustrating, annoying. I know it will be fixed, I just wanted to hear some opinions of what they think of the current mod.

Edited by Elektro

Your role is as an Alpha tester mate the game is not meant to be playable yet, if it is it's just an added bonus. Best thing you can do is to contribute bug feedback via the bug reports board and make suggestions via the suggestions board.

Edited by Box
  • Like 2

Your role is as an Alpha tester....

I know I am, I just want to see what others did think of this current state. And bug reports have already been done.

Edited by Elektro

I'm not finding it unplayable. Frustrating at times, yes. Your probably doing the right thing by taking some time out and waiting for the fixes.

I know everyone's answer is always to say "it's Alpha!". This always seems to just piss of the OP even more. I still think it's a valid point though. The fact is it's going to remain buggy at this stage of the testing phase.

• Like 2

you sound like Karl Pilkinton " a problem solved is a problem caused"

• Like 1

What "graphical bug" are you talking about? I'm just curious, because I've never seen any graphical glitches that made the game unplayable. I've been frustrated by random broken legs and whatnot, sure. But while I've seen some strange glitchy things -- trees and loot spawning in mid-air, textures not drawing in -- I've never experienced anything like what you describe.

Edit for typo.

Edited by craft

What "graphical bug" are you talking about? I'm just curious, because I've never seen any graphical glitches that made the game unplayable. I've been frustrated by random broken legs and whatnot, sure. But while I've seen some strange glitchy things -- trees and loot spawning in mid-air, textures not drawing in here -- I've never experienced anything like what you describe.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49037-graphical-issues/

Omg I didn't know that, inb4 sarcasm.

Then if the game is in alpha what makes you think it's intended to be playable? Is this based on a couple of hours of gameplay?

To be honest with you I'd say this alpha is in a better state than some full releases, you need to be more patient. Ive seen upto 14 updates in a day with this mod so usually things are fixed pretty quickly. That's based on hundreds of hours of game play over 4 months.

Edited by Box

What "graphical bug" are you talking about? I'm just curious, because I've never seen any graphical glitches that made the game unplayable. I've been frustrated by random broken legs and whatnot, sure. But while I've seen some strange glitchy things -- trees and loot spawning in mid-air, textures not drawing in -- I've never experienced anything like what you describe.

Edit for typo.

Omg I didn't know that, inb4 sarcasm.

Uhh, if you know it then why the fuck does this post exist? It's like "Hey guys, have you noticed rivers contain vast amounts of water and tend to flow north to south?" Like, yeah mate. Thanks.

In any case, I've been playing every night for a week. So you either don't know what "unplayable" means or you're just out for a little forum drama attention grabbing.

Either way, vapid thread.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

i think its still playable. well there graphic glitches around military areas but thats ok helicopter crash sites are way more rewarding anyway and there i had no issues so far.

Uhh, if you know it then why the fuck does this post exist? It's like "Hey guys, have you noticed rivers contain vast amounts of water and tend to flow north to south?" Like, yeah mate. Thanks.

In any case, I've been playing every night for a week. So you either don't know what "unplayable" means or you're just out for a little forum drama attention grabbing.

Either way, vapid thread.

I was talking about it's current state, which I find pretty much unplayable. thx

These are pretty goddamn spectacular. But maybe it's not a bug; maybe Rocket just slipped LSD into cans of soda without telling anyone.

arma2oa2012-07-2811-37-05-07.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-2811-33-38-62.jpg

I mean, come the fuck on. That top one is totally the Fortress of Solitude.

Edited by craft
  • Like 1

1.7.2.5 was due yesterday to address the graphics glitching :) See here > http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52196-pending-update-build-1725/

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

• Like 1

To be honest with you I'd say this alpha is in a better state than some full releases

If you're talking about games like Rage.

I was talking about it's current state, which I find pretty much unplayable. thx

Then you have the following options

- report it in bug section (its already reported and being worked on)

- stop playing until alpha and beta testing is complete and a full version is released.

Either way posting whine threads isn't going to fix it or indeed help anything.

Edited by Box
  • Like 2

BTW. The glitching is being caused by military bodies and some wire fences so steer clear of the bases and you'll be fine. Or use it to your advantage like me and tippy-toe around all the bases while people are struggling to see. It's getting fixed in the pending update.

If you're talking about games like Rage.

It's off topic but Rage worked like a dream for me.

Then you have the following options

- report it in bug section (its already reported and being worked on)

- stop playing until alpha and beta testing is complete and a full version is released.

Either way posting whines like this isnt going to fix it or indeed help anything.

" I think I'll stay away from the DayZ Mod until things are patched up " Which must mean you didn't read much of my thread then. And if it's already bug posted, the 2 options aren't there bro. And still " You can call me a QQ'er, but really am I, it's not like I'm begging them to fix this, I'm asking " you " do you agree this game is practically unplayable in its current state " You still didn't read my thread. Done.

Plays fine for me. You get the occcasional bug and hacker but I find this game (that is in alpha and we applied to be testers so we may get a real cool game out of this mod and help Rocket make money so he can continue his development) cool.

Dont play it man, you are not cut out to test anything. Come back later when the game is more complete.

Edited by opeth

" I think I'll stay away from the DayZ Mod until things are patched up " Which must mean you didn't read much of my thread then. And if it's already bug posted, the 2 options aren't there bro. And still " You can call me a QQ'er, but really am I, it's not like I'm begging them to fix this, I'm asking " you " do you agree this game is practically unplayable in its current state " You still didn't read my thread. Done.

Then stop playing, makes no difference to me I just think this is pointless and irrelevant thread and it makes you look like a bell end for basically saying "hey anyone else notice this game is in alpha?"

I've actually been pretty okay with the glitching. It's kept the middle of Cherno pretty empty, making for some nice supermarket looting. I just don't like it when my vision is assaulted by hundreds of wobbly triangles. It freaks me out a little.