okami (DayZ)

What if zombies could run inside buildings?

Hi all,

I do not want to make this a suggestion, I would just like to hear what you would think about and how it would change your way of playing if zombies could run inside buildings?

I assume the reason why they do not run in buildings is just a limitation of the arma engine atm, so if Rocket wants to keep things "realistic" I think we will see running zombies in buildings in the mod or in the standalone.

For me as a solo player this would change gameplay significantly, specially in the beginning of a new life where i like to speedrun balotta, cherno or elektro to gear up as fast as possible. Without getting rid of zs in building this is not possible. But also in later gameplay when i have my basic gear and become more cautious sometimes (specially now after the weapon nerf) my only rescue is escaping in a building to loose or carefully shoot the zombies.

What do you think, will this change gameplay overall? Maybe in the direction of a more cooperative gameplay due to the bigger thread? Personally Im unsure, I like the method of gearing up fast and thinking about being only able to loose them by running in the woods or around buildings or to shoot them doing their zig-zag maneuvers is nothing i would like. But at the moment its just not immersive to see them slow down in buildings or steep hills.

okami

• Like 1

Then zeds would have to be nerfed abit i think. If the hit reg and mechanics were of something like cod in terms of hit boxes and fluidity then no problem, but because the game is such a sim (which i love) it makes it abit harder to just mow down running zeds.

they already go in buildings, they just have a hard time spotting you if you are on stairs or 1 floor up. for example inside fire station staircase you can stay and they cant find you.

If you are in a flat small building, like a garage/shed they can deffinately come in even with the door shut and they will find and eat you too.

I've been swarmed in the schools, barns and many other buildings even when I thought I was safe. Currently there is a door-breaking system but its not 100% so they warp through closed doors. I've also seen some Z's open doors and gates to pass through, not sure if that's been removed.

Edited by disorder

It's being talked about and I personally would like to see it happen, yes it would make new spawner's struggles but then this game isn't supposed to be easy...and frankly it is... I just think like being suggested in many other threads, zombies with different speeds

Walkers

runners

crawlers

hoppers

run then walk

walk the run

hobblers

ect ect ect

But yeah I like it :D

AJ

I think it would be devestating to the game. Not being able to use this bug means that snipers can pretty much lock down some cities.

I fully expect future releases or the standalone release of Day Z to have zombies that can move fast through buildings. Then we can all watch as the hundreds of crying threads we see here whining that "zombies are too soft" or "pffft zombie survival game!" turn to "zombies need to be nerfed!"

Although it would be fair to request that working barricades and doors be made available first to at least slow down perusing zombies and to give you a bit of a chance! Scary and exciting thought though.

they already go in buildings, they just have a hard time spotting you if you are on stairs or 1 floor up. for example inside fire station staircase you can stay and they cant find you.

If you are in a flat small building, like a garage/shed they can deffinately come in even with the door shut and they will find and eat you too.

I've been swarmed in the schools, barns and many other buildings even when I thought I was safe. Currently there is a door-breaking system but its not 100% so they warp through closed doors. I've also seen some Z's open doors and gates to pass through, not sure if that's been removed.

Did you even read OP?

No, that's right, you didn't.

• Like 1

Did you even read OP?

No, that's right, you didn't.

Fuck you, I did. Who cares if they run or walk, they still come inside. I was just giving an opinion to go with it.

Did you read my post? No you didn't Do you even comprehend how language works? No you don't.

So, answer being = No its dumb. They come inside enough already. Do you understand?

Edited by disorder

Although it would be fair to request that working barricades and doors be made available first to at least slow down perusing zombies and to give you a bit of a chance! Scary and exciting thought though.

Don`t know if that`s exactly what you meant but I just had the picture in mind of the player running into the firestation and close all doors. Zombies at the three front doors hitting and scratching the metal doors. So the player has the option to escape through the rear door or first try to loot the place before after a random time the zs are able to destroy the doors and invade the firestation. That would be pure horror, standing in the tower and hear the doors collapse.

• Like 1

Don`t know if that`s exactly what you meant but I just had the picture in mind of the player running into the firestation and close all doors. Zombies at the three front doors hitting and scratching the metal doors. So the player has the option to escape through the rear door or first try to loot the place before after a random time the zs are able to destroy the doors and invade the firestation. That would be pure horror, standing in the tower and hear the doors collapse.

Thats pretty much the sort of scenario i was talking about. With zombies moving full speed indoors and of course more building that are enter-able, temporary barricades and doors would add to the tense feeling of the game, making for some intense survival horror!

I think at this stage and time it would be game-breaking, no other way to say it. The zombies are nowhere near refined and polished enough in every aspect of their in-game effects, which goes down to their animation, their hitboxes (taking and giving damage), their bleed/bone break/unconscious random percentage chance, their general AI and the fact that they still bug out like crazy without even considering their erratic movements. Adding another alpha feature like this to an already highly vulnerable and weak alpha feature would simply cause chaos.

He might try it out for an update and even with all of the rage threads and newbies, attempting to see if you get used to it but I guarantee it would just be taken right back out in the next update. Longer down the line, maybe, but there are far more important things to work out in-game and most definitely with the zombies before we start giving them speed as well as some grade-A crack.

I def think they should run in buildings and also therr should be different types with varying levels of detection sensitivity. As it stands now this games difficulty in regards to the pve aspect is a downward slope. The hardest part is at the very start and gets immensely easier as you gear up which is bad for newbies and vets alike. It is kinda dumb that you deal with the same AI to get top tier weapons at a crash site that you do to get your first can of beans.

Didn't they run in one patch but this forum flooded the streets with tears until they got changed back to having trouble with carpet?