I have: ArmA II, and ArmA OA, but I heard that you need an expansion for the HD models, anyone know what expansion that is?

Thanks for the help.

Private Military Company is the expansion. But like you said, that's only if you want the high-definition models for the player characters. (PMC units)

BAF and PMC "lite" are included with OA at no extra charge. Have the same models and features, just none of the custom map/mission stuff. Full version Arma2 (NOT the free one) and Operation Arrowhead is all you need. Those and the DayZ mod files of course.

Not really. The lite files included in OA are not " high-res " and your survivor model will look kinda blurred without PMC.

But buying PMC just for the models isn't, of course, worth it.

Are there any ingame screens available with and without PMC to compare?

You can run it with the free version of arma 2 and OA. Just takes a long time to get working.

Change the player models to something not on PMC or BAF

It's been said before that only certain models can use backpacks. Without those, you'd have no inventory. ;)

The low-resolution ones (as posted in the screenshots above) look pretty bad, but with PMC installed, they actually get a good amount of detail. The shirts aren't plaid as far as I've seen, but during the day the vest in itself is significantly detailed.

You can run it with the free version of arma 2 and OA. Just takes a long time to get working.

Can you elaborate? My friend just bought OA to play DayZ as we read in a lot of other places that Arma2 Free works fine.

Does he have to do anything special? I think £15 was enough to play one mod, £30 is a bit much.

Can you elaborate? My friend just bought OA to play DayZ as we read in a lot of other places that Arma2 Free works fine.

Does he have to do anything special? I think £15 was enough to play one mod' date=' £30 is a bit much.

[/quote']

just follow http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Combined_Operations_Lite

Then there is also http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101214-ARMA-2-CO-%28how-to-combine-ARMA-2-into-ARMA-2-OA-and-use-together%29 for commercial A2