ScoTtaY (DayZ)

Internet Cafe & Dayz issues

Hi guys,

(The story)

I own a small Internet Cafe with about 28 Computers.

Dayz has shown to be very popular so i used my steam login to install ARMAII + OA + Sixupdater onto every computer.

The lan uses a Program called Faronics Deep freeze which basically Saves all C: drive settings so that if changed, will revert on next restart.

The steam folder is located in D: drive which can be changed and is not frozen by Deep freeze.

(The problem)

Customers log into steam, then run Six Launcher and join into servers.

When they join they will start either new on the coast, (when they should have spawned in elsewhere with previous gear) or,

they spawn with my Items & my last location from when i last played on the Front Admin PC.

Even when i am playing and running around, they will log in, join a different server, and spawn with all my gear in my exact location!

Also, they have problems connecting to the same server (Kicked from server)

Anyone in the server will see a message, Illegal copies may degrade over time.

All my customers have purchased the game through steam.

I wish to hold Lock In's and All night events purely for Dayz but i need to fix these issues first.

Please Help!

Seems like the CD Key isn't getting changed in the registry.

Thats what i though, however if it was not getting changed in the reg, why can people still play without getting Cd key in use?!! sadface

Go to www.youtube.com/sacriel and safe everybody who is playing there there CD Key's

Then tell him before they want to play they have to actviate there own CD Key ,

if they do this on somebody else's cd key then ban them from the cafe

Look for the How to have multiple dayz account stuff

in order to change cdkey you have to run steam in admin mode and then launch combined ops first

Edited by Jemoeder

Arma/OFP uses a DRM called FADE. I hope you get this problem solved or each copy you have installed will become unplayable.

everyone who comes to play DayZ will have to bring his CD key as .reg file on flash-key or something, apply it to registry and then play.

everyone who comes to play DayZ will have to bring his CD key as .reg file on flash-key or something, apply it to registry and then play.

I wonder.. Will deleting the current CD Key in the Regfiles (as in, creating a .bat or something to do it) force Steam to update it with the new one whenever switching users?

I wonder.. Will deleting the current CD Key in the Regfiles (as in, creating a .bat or something to do it) force Steam to update it with the new one whenever switching users?

I don't know how steam works with the CD key, but its works fine with the regular CD version game...

Thanks for all your responses,

I will investigate the use of CD keys and reg files further and repost with the results ASAP.

I still would assume that, if someone logs into steam and runs Both ARMA2 + OA before logging into dayz, then the cd key should be updated,

however, i have tested this and it although it may change the key, the user will still resume play of another persons account.

I belive the issue could very well be with steam and the fact that Dayz is still in alpha.

Do any steam apps/games change registry keys?

The issue is with the fact that steam does not update the CDkey upon account change. It's still drawing from the registry entry that was used during installation.

The easiest way to go would be to use a cdkey changer or create .reg files with appropriate CDkey changes for every user.

Ok guys,

DooM4MR,

krtshv,

Redfield,

Jemoeder,

I cant thank you enough for the help, i have worked out the solution.

Basically, With deep freeze active, my cd key will always defualt back once the computer is reset.

To change the CD key, users must log into steam, Run ARMA2 + OA once each and the key would change.

To stop it reverting back, i simply un-froze the computer, went into the Registry and deleated both ARMA2 & OA Keys completely, thus making the game no longer run when bypassing steam.

I re-froze the computer so that now the defualt key will be nothing.

In order for my customers to play they must first log into steam, run the game once, creating their unique cd key, then running Six Launcher and playing with there stuff.

Then they can turn the computer off when they finish so no-one else can accidently access there key.

Its a bit of a doozy, but now i can run my LOCK-INS!

Maybe even get a server going if its really sucessful :D

All smiles, Thanks again

Scottay

The issue is with the fact that steam does not update the CDkey upon account change. It's still drawing from the registry entry that was used during installation.

The easiest way to go would be to use a cdkey changer or create .reg files with appropriate CDkey changes for every user.

Ok guys,

DooM4MR,

krtshv,

Redfield,

Jemoeder,

I cant thank you enough for the help, i have worked out the solution.

Basically, With deep freeze active, my cd key will always defualt back once the computer is reset.

To change the CD key, users must log into steam, Run ARMA2 + OA once each and the key would change.

To stop it reverting back, i simply un-froze the computer, went into the Registry and deleated both ARMA2 & OA Keys completely, thus making the game no longer run when bypassing steam.

I re-froze the computer so that now the defualt key will be nothing.

In order for my customers to play they must first log into steam, run the game once, creating their unique cd key, then running Six Launcher and playing with there stuff.

Then they can turn the computer off when they finish so no-one else can accidently access there key.

Its a bit of a doozy, but now i can run my LOCK-INS!

Maybe even get a server going if its really sucessful :D

All smiles, Thanks again

Scottay

+ Critical!