timohepolis

hack or legaly painted car?

Yesterday i saw a car painted like a police car on our server. It was too far away to see if it was an original ingame car like a skoda or else...but it was painted like police car with blue/red lamps on rooftop.

hacked? or is it possible to officially paint an ingame car like this?

It is not possible to paint a vehicle in game.

It could however have been discolored due to the distance and the capabilities of your computer.

It is not possible to paint a vehicle in game.

It could however have been discolored due to the distance and the capabilities of your computer.

no way. Other buddies saw it also but couldnt specificate the type as well. definatly a police car....

Though you cannot paint your ride, there are multiple random skins for vehicles. I would not think a police car-esque skin would be too implausable to find.

I have yet to find an actual police car in the game, but there was one that you could spawn in and fix up in that single player version that went around.

Though you cannot paint your ride, there are multiple random skins for vehicles. I would not think a police car-esque skin would be too implausable to find.

So you think it´s basically possible, but not much probable?

Any further experiences with this?

There are police cars in Arma2, but I don't think they are in DayZ.

It is also possible to include a clan tag and have any vehicle one is in display the clan tag on the side. This is an easy Arma 2 option. Could it have been the tag on the door or was it the actual Arma2 police car, which I believe is orange front and back with a white door and a roof light?

Edited by Slyder73

If an object is in Arma II, it can be spawned in by hackers. Pretty good odds that it was a hacked in vehicle.

edit: and as Aesaunic just posted, that would make it a ladalm, a non-dayz vehicle. Hacked in, deffo.

Edited by Udak

There are police cars in Arma2, but I don't think they are in DayZ.

It is also possible to include a clan tag and have any vehicle one is in display the clan tag on the side. This is an easy Arma 2 option. Could it have been the tag on the door or was it the actual Arma2 police car, which I believe is orange front and back with a white door and a roof light?

The police car was driven by two guys. they made a tour through cherno and honked a lot (idiots). As i told you before, there were definatly blut/red police-like lamps on the rofftop. the rest of the car has been colored white.

Possibly it was a skoda, but not sure...

EDIT: Damn, i didnt make a screenshot :(

Edited by timohepolis

Police car is scripted in. They don't have it in DayZ.

I believe they used to have it though back in the beginning.

Are you guys serious, it's not in the game, it's a hacked in vehicle, just like the black SUV and jets. They are not in DayZ.

Edited by smasht_AU

If you look into the dayz_vehicles.pbo file then you will find a police car model and textures, But I have never seen it in the multiplayer game, you could get it by using the editor in singler player mode.

police1_co.jpg

The said textureset for that police cars

I have yet to find an actual police car in the game, but there was one that you could spawn in and fix up in that single player version that went around.

this.