Sign in to follow this  
joojoo-gl

Multi Accunts Linked to Same Char

I have two versions of arma installed on my computer, each on a different user, the purpose of this is so that my roomate can play also without having to kill my char when his noob ass decides to sprint through cherno.

anywho's after update 1.5.8.2, i loged into my char and played a lil bit, i got off to do some laundry and let the roomie on, and from the laundry room i hear "AWESOME I HAVE AN AK-47" i run to computer to find out that he is on his account under his user name, and is in Novy (where i logged) in fact his inventory is the same as mine.

So im like WTF, i make him run to stary and log out, i switch users and log into my account, and where do i pop up? you guessed it stary.

so my question is WTF are these two accounts with TWO DIFFERENT cd keys linked to the same character on the central server? and if it is, how do i fix it!?

please advise,

thanks

oh i forgot to mention, one of the accounts is a steam account and the other is the $15 budget arma from amazon, also something maybe worth noting is that the armaOA.exe shortcut that was not showing up on my admin account has miraculously appeared on my desktop.

use different windows accounts, check the registry to see if you have 2 games instaled (seperate cd keys) check if the shortcuts and the games are linked properly

Limeni2x,

I am using two separate windows accounts. I will check the registry but i assume it is under two cd keys as he did have a seperate character until the patch. Im launching one from steam, how do i check its link?

Limeni2x' date='

I am using two separate windows accounts. I will check the registry but i assume it is under two cd keys as he did have a seperate character until the patch. Im launching one from steam, how do i check its link?

[/quote']

Hmm both games are somehow reading the same cdkey from the registry. Check the registry to see if there are two diferent registry entries with different keys (converted into hexadecimal). Im not really familiar with steam version of the game.

Try reinstaling the non steam game, chose different disc and install it in different windows user.

is it possible to edit the registry to use the retail key for the retail version?

If you are running both as administrator it's probably looking at the same keys. You need to stop running as administrator. If the game must have administrative privileges, then you will need to make the second account an administrator and disable UAC.