Sign in to follow this  
jholl505

can anybody help w running dayz

specs:

intel pentium e5400 dual-core @2.7ghz

ati radeon hd 5570

6 gbs of ram

i've looked at a few sites, and im only going to mention the 2 i use the most. first, game debate, says i can play the game near recommended settings. but then the next site, system requirements lab, says i can't run it at the minimum settings. and i have dayz at lowest settings w like 6 frames per second. does anybody have anybody have some ideas. i have done the stuff w my arma 2 files

"intel pentium" <--- well there is your problem!

On the more serious note, your FPS can be affected by the server you are playing on. Try across multiple servers and see if you get 6 FPS on all of them.

And you will need a more beasty computer to play DayZ, than you will need to play Arma 2.

• Like 1

this might be not be anything, but i can play dead island at 30 fps. i think its on medium settings

Yeah. I have pentium as well and it's just bottlenecking my GPU. I average 20-30 fps, but that's only because I perform HIGH maintenance on my computer, overclock'd my GPU a bit and optimized Arma 2 (Day Z). I suggest doing the same.

The graphics settings for Arma 2 are weird in the sense that sometimes lower isn't better. :\ I'd google it...

But to REALLY answer your question... Arma 2 is HEAVILY CPU dependent. Most other games play well because "Got a bad CPU? We'll just use your GPU instead." but not with Arma 2. I hope they fix this with an update or fix it in Arma 3.

how do u overclock ur cpu. i've gone to bios and i dont see anything that lets me change the speed of my cpu

how do u overclock ur cpu. i've gone to bios and i dont see anything that lets me change the speed of my cpu

Well... overclocking your CPU is a very touchy subject and should only be done after you read up on exactly how to do it and the danger of doing it.

For perhaps a LITTLE bit of a performance boost you can try overclocking your GPU with MSI afterburner and monitoring it with GPU-Z. But I warn you, overclocking a GPU with knowing what you're doing, just like a CPU, can fry it and give you a bad time. So the best thing to do is bring your clocks up a LITTLE bit, test it, then if everything seems fine bring it up more. Just don't go overboard.

... also don't say I didn't warn you.

But for this game, overclocking your GPU isn't going to help, probably. The Arma 2 .cfg's and profiles need some manual tweaking... look up how to do that, instead.

Arms 2 has a weird graphics system. You see, your Pentium processor is bottlenecking your system. Arms 2's settings work like this: Low and medium settings cause everything to be put on the CPU. Try setting stuff to high, to force stuff to be rendered with the GPU. Keep anti aliasing off and vsync and post processing off. Shadows disabled. I did this and saw a great jump in frame rates. Good luck!

EDIT: SynisterSilence, I over clock my GPU in my Mac all the time. It runs at 220f while playing DayZ. Maybe I'm just lucky? Now the CPU, I wouldn't even bother with that. The slightest bump up and your screwed.

Edited by Gatortribe

I thought this only applied to Shadows...

No, it applies to all. I really need to find that talk that had a Bohemia employee, a well known person in the community, and Rocket. They talked all about it.

No, it applies to all. I really need to find that talk that had a Bohemia employee, a well known person in the community, and Rocket. They talked all about it.

Hrm. Well that's nice to know.