zeeb

This mod needs major help..

Seems like the development is going slow, I watched this other mod called The War Z, which is the same thing, only diffrence is that War Z seems to be more, faster and better developed.

Just recently I died from a stupid fucking bug and lost hard earned loot, which takes 5 seconds to fix and everyone is complaining about it.

What the fuck is taking so god damn long, if this was my mod I'd worked at it day and night.

Something needs to be done, else the bigger part of this community will move over to War Z.

I'm not joking..

Rocket, please, just get to it..

Yours never complaining,

Demnish.

(yes this is actually the first time in all my posts that I'm criticizing this mod, cuz I am getting bored faster than if I were at a Justin Beiber concert..)

First off War Z is going to be its own game. Second this is an alpha mod running on an engine that hates more than half of the stuff that the mod is having it run. Bugs and glitches happen no matter what game it is and you just have to report them and wait until its fixed or you can provide an alternative on how to fix it instead of posting on here crying about losing your gear in a mod that you are testing so these bugs can be fixed. I have died well over 100 times with full gear and rare weapons, you get the stuff back at some point so don't become attached to anything in this game because you will be guaranteed to lose it at some point. Also I don't think you understand how long it does take to fix issues with any mod or game, if you fix one problem that might cause 5 more to surface and that might break the mod/game even more so. I would love to see you work day and night to help fix this mod (you'll probably make more bugs than fixes) but its the effort that counts.

• Like 1

@Womb Raider: You 24/7 girlfriend lacking Day-Z playing faggot, didnt you get my message or did you just feel like abusing my post with such simple words? :)

@Zul99: Dont act like you know shit, you sound retarded when you play smart, I on the other hand has been part of this community way before you, I didnt even had a profile when I started.. :/

If you look up the facts, it is obvious that War Z is developing faster than Day Z. (I just want rocket to work harder)

If I ever was to left Day Z, the last thing I would do before that is kick you in the nuts and wish you a "fun" time in Day Z alpha. (cuz I know that I will have more fun in a complete game than you ever will in an alpha mod)

Lots of love ;)

Demnish.

P.S: *sigh* For you retards information, I am a paid modder, if you even know what that is..

[Warned - Don't be an asshole - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

I read or heard somewhere that Rocket is the only one that actually 'modding' the game, I'd see we give the guy a little break and enjoy the game as it is. I might be completely wrong and I'm too lazy to actually find the source/interview.

I read or heard somewhere that Rocket is the only one that actually 'modding' the game, I'd see we give the guy a little break and enjoy the game as it is. I might be completely wrong and I'm too lazy to actually find the source/interview.

You are in fact right with that statement, Rocket is the only one that is modding it. But thats not the point, I dont really think he puts that much efforts into it that we'd like to think..

Cuz I've worked with bugfixing etc and it doesnt really take that long to get things done, feels like the updates is more less now than it was before, like he lost hopes for the game.

Are you really surprised that an entire studio is developing a game faster then a single person is developing this mod?

If you look up the facts, it is obvious that War Z is developing faster than Day Z. (I just want rocket to work harder)

If I ever was to left Day Z, the last thing I would do before that is kick you in the nuts and wish you a "fun" time in Day Z alpha. (cuz I know that I will have more fun in a complete game than you ever will in an alpha mod)

Lots of love ;)

Demnish.

P.S: *sigh* For you retards information, I am a paid modder, if you even know what that is..

Dont believe everything you read or hear. And if your a "paid modder" you should know how the industry works. So you should know all about marketing/hype/propaganda within the games industry should you not? Seen much video of the game? played an alpha/beta/demo? No didn't think so.

Not looking for an argument...just stating a fact.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Just recently I died from a stupid fucking bug and lost hard earned loot, which takes 5 seconds to fix and everyone is complaining about it.

What the fuck is taking so god damn long, if this was my mod I'd worked at it day and night.

1: Well fix it, and send the fix to rocket. Problem solved, since you can easily do it, I am sure rocket would appreciate the help.

2: How would you eat? pay rent? You do know he is working on Arma 3 too?

3: Calling people "faggot", for disagreeing with you. Grow the fuck up, already. You are 20 years old, act like it. Womb raider is probably just tired of all the "herp derp WarZ is soo much better than DayZ already" while they have only seen some screenshots (which can be photoshopped). Yeah I will try out WarZ too, but I am waiting for it to be released before judging/comparing it.

4: Herp dee fucking derp, ofcause WarZ is being developed faster than DayZ....they are an actual studio (new, unproven, big on words studio) vs 1 Single person.

Edited by Tweakie
  • Like 1

@Womb Raider: You 24/7 girlfriend lacking Day-Z playing faggot, didnt you get my message or did you just feel like abusing my post with such simple words? :)

@Zul99: Dont act like you know shit, you sound retarded when you play smart, I on the other hand has been part of this community way before you, I didnt even had a profile when I started.. :/

Lots of love ;)

Demnish.

Yes, using lame insults like you're a five year old, that'll get your point across and show you as a very mature individual.

Well if you are going to leave, please do as the forums would be much better without you posting.

Saying I was here before you to other posters, makes you sound very childish.

As it was necessary to add that you are a paid modder as that makes your posts more worth-while than ours hey.

• Like 1

Demnish, I agree with you 100%. What these other simpletons don't realize is that Rocket works for Bohemia interactive and made this game on company time. He gets PAID TO MAKE IT and is refusing help from anyone else. Te Arma engine is ad shitty as they come. But don't worry, there's going to be plenty of other major studios out there that will develop bigger and better clones to this, especially it this one takes so Long to develop. THR hacking is rampant, the fan boys defend every bit of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM that people want to talk about and you there are more bugs than ever before! Please don't throw me the alpha bullshit when someone complains about death by a door or the other countless bugs that COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED after several months. The 'beta' patches are a joke, if you actually look at what they fix , it's fucking laughable. Rocket, get a better engine to work with buddy and a company that actually supports you. Peace out.

I honestly think the OP is trolling, one can not simply be THAT stupid...

• Like 2

Demnish, I agree with you 100%. What these other simpletons don't realize is that Rocket works for Bohemia interactive and made this game on company time. He gets PAID TO MAKE IT and is refusing help from anyone else. Te Arma engine is ad shitty as they come. But don't worry, there's going to be plenty of other major studios out there that will develop bigger and better clones to this, especially it this one takes so Long to develop. THR hacking is rampant, the fan boys defend every bit of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM that people want to talk about and you there are more bugs than ever before! Please don't throw me the alpha bullshit when someone complains about death by a door or the other countless bugs that COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED after several months. The 'beta' patches are a joke, if you actually look at what they fix , it's fucking laughable. Rocket, get a better engine to work with buddy and a company that actually supports you. Peace out.

A. He doesn't get paid to make Day Z, don't know where you're getting that from.

B. The engine is perfect for a mod like Day Z all because you don't like it, doesn't mean its shit.

C. Please do go to the other big bad studio versions of Day Z, it'll free up the forums from people like you, which would be a welcome relief.

D. The hacking is an unfortunate fault of the engine, but you're probably stupid enough to think its Rocket's fault.

E. Constructive criticism is not FUCKING STUPID DAY Z I DIED. If you think that you're more stupid than your posting makes you appear.

Lots of love ;)

Demnish.

It just sounds like you're some angry kid that is mad because you lost your loot. I highly doubt you were part of the community before me since you have no idea what an alpha is seeing as how you bitched about bugs in your first post. War Z should be developing faster because it has a full dev team working on it, if it didn't develop faster than there would be a colossal fuck up on the devs end. I honestly hope you leave the Day Z community because you aren't helping to move this mod forward, all you're doing is crying and being a complete tool when someone responds to your post that you made on the forums for other people to comment on. Also you claiming to be a "paid modder" is most likely complete bullshit unless you make 8-bit mods for pac-man which require no skill at all. Btw, you might want to check your grammar before posting on any forum because you just made yourself look like a total idiot and opened yourself to being hazed even harder.

get a better engine to work with buddy and a company that actually supports you

You mean like the ARMA3 engine which is supposed to fix all of these bugs anyway?

I think a lot of people forget that Rocket used the ARMA2 engine as a temporary thing;

1 - It was available to him

2 - He understood it

3 - All he wanted in the beginning was to gauge the popularity of the premise of the game

Since he works for BIS and DayZ alone has made BIS a good few million dollars in sales, I'd say that BIS is doing EVERYTHING in their power to support Rocket with the ARMA3 engine. There's little point reworking an old engine for a mod when the shiny new fixes-every-problem engine is just around the corner

There is a big difference between offering "constructive criticism" in a calm and adult manner. This is the point of an alpha, and how problems/bugs get found and fixed.

What does being abusive, insulting to other members (calling people faggots...seriously??) and thinking you know it all bring to the forum?

All he has done is attack people, make himself look a bit foolish and niave.

And you call us fan boys because we won't tolerate yet another rage post?

LOL!

Edited by GeordieMarv

I find it funny that people are always threatening to leave and play war z when we all know well enough they will continue playing Day Z. For all I care, Rocket can take care of "his" mod whenever he see's fit because this mod is more or less an experiment in my eyes to see if he could produce something like this in the future.

This mod isn't the final product and take into consideration that it is a mod that you are playing for free. He is not liable to fix anything you don't like about it and he could just drop the whole mod whenever he pleases... I understand that the bugs are issues that we all have to deal with and we all want things to change. Going on the forums and demanding isn't going to make it fix any faster.

Sit tight, suck it up, enjoy the mod and good day. When War z comes out, play it a bit, and compare it to the final product of Day z if it comes out ;make your decision on which one to play.

Edited by The True Nova
  • Like 1

I think alot of people forget the ArmA2 engine is 3 years old.

Rocket has to do the best he can obviosuly...but you can only shoe horn so much into an old engine.

I have no source or hear anything about that, just a presumption after the recent interview about making it a standalone or maybe a mod for arma3. Maybe the lack of new content in the past month is

a consequence that rocket already work for something bigger than the arma2 mod. If i have to choose between continue to work on an alpha or a standalone\arma 3 dayz...

A. He doesn't get paid to make Day Z, don't know where you're getting that from.

B. The engine is perfect for a mod like Day Z all because you don't like it, doesn't mean its shit.

C. Please do go to the other big bad studio versions of Day Z, it'll free up the forums from people like you, which would be a welcome relief.

D. The hacking is an unfortunate fault of the engine, but you're probably stupid enough to think its Rocket's fault.

E. Constructive criticism is not FUCKING STUPID DAY Z I DIED. If you think that you're more stupid than your posting makes you appear.

Thanks for proving what I just said about fan boys ruining constructive criticism. Rockets an employee of Bohemia interactive right? Hex been told to work on this full time. Which means he's getting paid for it. If I didn't care about the game, I wouldn't be posting here would I? Yeah it's an alpha and this is our feedback. Go take your aspergers somewhere else. Douchebag.

Seems like the development is going slow, I watched this other mod called The War Z, which is the same thing, only diffrence is that War Z seems to be more, faster and better developed.

Something needs to be done, else the bigger part of this community will move over to War Z.

I'm not joking..

Rocket, please, just get to it..

Yours never complaining,

Demnish.

(yes this is actually the first time in all my posts that I'm criticizing this mod, cuz I am getting bored faster than if I were at a Justin Beiber concert..)

Well the WarZ is a professionally developped game and has a budget :)

DayZ is a mod developped by a few people on their spare time.

Thanks for proving what I just said about fan boys ruining constructive criticism. Rockets an employee of Bohemia interactive right? Hex been told to work on this full time. Which means he's getting paid for it. If I didn't care about the game, I wouldn't be posting here would I? Yeah it's an alpha and this is our feedback. Go take your aspergers somewhere else. Douchebag.

You really should tell Rocket that he is working for Bohemia, they might be late, or actually really really late, on his paycheck since he has said it many times that he isn't working for them at the moment, last time he said it was on a podcast just a week ago.

But, since you are obviously so sure that he is getting paid for this.. I think you should contact him ASAP and let him know that Bohemia is holding on to his Benjamins.

You are in fact right with that statement, Rocket is the only one that is modding it. But thats not the point, I dont really think he puts that much efforts into it that we'd like to think..

Cuz I've worked with bugfixing etc and it doesnt really take that long to get things done, feels like the updates is more less now than it was before, like he lost hopes for the game.

I think he just moved or something and I wouldn't be surprised if had a few other things to do than just working on this project 24/7. He is giving us a new patch every week or two which isn't bad for a 1 man team.

You really should tell Rocket that he is working for Bohemia, they might be late, or actually really really late, on his paycheck since he has said it many times that he isn't working for them at the moment, last time he said it was on a podcast just a week ago.

But, since you are obviously so sure that he is getting paid for this.. I think you should contact him ASAP and let him know that Bohemia is holding on to his Benjamins.

I think he just moved or something and I wouldn't be surprised if had a few other things to do than just working on this project 24/7. He is giving us a new patch every week or two which isn't bad for a 1 man team.

Because he made the game on company time, they own it. And what Demnish is sayIng is that this mod needs help beyond being a one man army.