Sign in to follow this  
duufus

Playable at first, a week later totally unplayable.

So I have been playing DayZ for a week or so, without any problems (other than typical glitches etc. etc.) But now when i join any server my lag is completely awful. Through Six Updater, DayZ Commander, and even the in game server browser all server pings are normal. But when I join the game I lag so bad I can't do anything. So I disconnect and look at my ping in the lobby of the server and it's from 600-1000 ms. This didn't happen before, and the game runs fine graphically.

Iv'e done everything from changing video settings to reinstalling the whole game from Arma 2 on. Reinstalling did fix it for a day or so, then it has went back to this. Any help would be appreciated.

Framerate or net lag? I notice some in the younger generation is now using the term lag to describe bad framerates.

I notice my framerate goes down over time and restarting the game doesn't help. Rebooting the computer somehow solves the problem. I usually use the sleep function.

No it's not the frames, even though it feels like i get like 1 frame a second lol.

Ok so this lag issue isn't constant. I can't figure out when/why it happens though, but i do know that one hour it will work, then a few hours later when i go try and play again or in a different server it will be super laggy (again 500-900 ms).

windows 7 64bit

intel i7 q 720 @ 1.6 ghz

6gb ram

ati radeon 5890 hd

although i know it's not the best, but it should run this game fairly decent....... like it has on several occasions beforehand.