Sign in to follow this  
camper182

Is there a way to enable the ACE soundmod for Dayz?

Hi i want to know if there is a way to enable the ace soundmod for Dayz. Because i cant stand the original gun sounds :/

thanks

I really hope that there can/will be anything done with the current sounds..because they are just too buggy and inconsistent.

The other day I was on overwatch for my brother while he was looting the tents in stary. I was approximately 80-100m away and when he started shooting some zeds with an AKM I almost shit my pants because it sounded like someone was standing on top of me. But then every 3rd or 4th shot sounded like the supersonic crack you are supposed to hear(?) at higher distances.

Its not gamebreaking but its very disturbing that sometimes you just can't make out from where someone is shooting or what weapon it is. This is a major inconvenience when it comes to tactical assessments when you start taking fire on your position..or want to pinpoint the location of a shooter.

No. DayZ does not allow any other mods.

But some guys one another forum have said that they got it to work? are you sure there isnt a way? Because i really dont like the vanilla sounds.

I'm pretty sure there is a way, can't see a reason why it shouldn't work.

Just redirecting/renaming the files to their proper path and names... I will look into it.

The problem is that using sound mods will fuck up the values which the game uses to determine when zeds should agro.

The problem is that using sound mods will fuck up the values which the game uses to determine when zeds should agro.

Really? just chancing how the guns sounds?

I don't think so. It's not the sound file itself which tells the environment how far you can be heard.

Other players and zeds will hear the same like before because they are server controlled, not by your client.

You could hear a massive explosion when firing your makarov but you send the signal "makarov shot" and not "fuckin massive explosion", because only YOU can hear it, the server only receives and handles the standard values.

• Like 1

I don't think so. It's not the sound file itself which tells the environment how far you can be heard.

Other players and zeds will hear the same like before because they are server controlled, not by your client.

You could hear a massive explosion when firing your makarov but you send the signal "makarov shot" and not "fuckin massive explosion", because only YOU can hear it, the server only receives and handles the standard values.

yeah this is what i was thinking aswell.

Well okay forget what I said, i just watched an interview where rocket states that's its currently not possible to integrate foreign sound mods due to audible interference

I'm just going off of a statement rocket made about why sound mods will not work with dayz. That was his explanation.

Goddamnit. I really can't stand the regular ARMA 2 weapon sounds. It's almost making me not want to play DayZ