Sign in to follow this  
MetalMilitia (DayZ)

The true downfall of DayZ - If not resolved.

So I just found out about the DayZ mod not very long ago.. a great thing to see come to the gaming / arma community. Speaking of the concept, it is out of the box compared to any other games or mods similar to this. After eeking my way through Elektro and a few deaths, I was finally getting the grasp on how to avoid the zombie horde as well as how to survive. Out of the blue some guy axed me.. not a problem as I knew that players were going to be blood thirsty for my bandages if nothing else? I always took deaths that were legit with a grain of salt and restarted. That being said, recently I've had so many hacked players kill me that the game is flat out lame as it gets. Most recent being some un-named guy somehow finding me in the middle of the forest and firing on me with a minigun, yes a minigun.

Conceptually this game is great, but with all these hackers and script players - the game will go nowhere. It WILL die period.

Alpha you say? It will get better you say? Are you mad you say?

Its an alpha? - Sure, but it could have much better features to sideline these hacked players

It'l get better you say? - I really hope so as this is one of the better concepts I have seen in a long while

Mad you say? - No not at all, but I am not going to start finding out how to hack just to play a game that is set up wonderfully in its gameplay. I will just use my time more wisely and forget this mod even exists..

Before I even read this, I'm going to predict it's about skiddies.

EDIT: Yup, all about skiddies. While I must agree with you to some degree, I'm not as concerned considering the fact it's an alpha based on a dated game engine. I assume by the time it becomes a standalone game, the security will be much better... and if not, well I'll be playing Guild Wars 2 anyway. B)

Edited by Cyric

My money's on hackers. Will edit this post with my reply after I've read.

Edit: I win!

http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

Here's a super informative thread. ^

Its an alpha? - Sure, but it could have much better features to sideline these hacked players

-You've doing a big dud on your own point there.

Mad you say? - No not at all, but I am not going to start finding out how to hack just to play a game that is set up wonderfully in its gameplay. I will just use my time more wisely and forget this mod even exists..

-I don't hack. I can play this game. So can 700,000 people.

Edited by Sticker704

There are a lot of other things that need to be looked at too. Getting rid of the hackers is really not that easy... It IS indeed still and alpha and because of that imo you have no right to complain. Dayz is incredible and will be just fine. I personaly don't see hackers that often to be honest.

Before I even read this, I'm going to predict it's about skiddies.

EDIT: Yup, all about skiddies. While I must agree with you to some degree, I'm not as concerned considering the fact it's an alpha based on a dated game engine. I assume by the time it becomes a standalone game, the security will be much better... and if not, well I'll be playing Guild Wars 2 anyway. B)

Skiddies! Haven't heard that one before.

I agree, though. OP, just give it time. We can only hope that Rocket and co. are well aware of the exploits and are doing their best to address the issue. Unfortunately, it would seem that both BattlEye and the Arma engine are rather limited.

Its an alpha I say once again to a fucking lame ass crying thread once again, so you can't expect all of the 100% problems to be sorted out in an alpha, once again.

You just registered to post this crying non sense? Gtfo, I say once again.

Seriously moderators should do something against the swarm of new registering kids and retards spamming the forums with "this is why dayz will fail" or "the end of dayz" etc.

Seriously grow balls.

• Like 1

Look here, Im not crying about jack - so grow you some hair on them balls before calling anyone out guy. I stated my opinion and that is mine to have. To each their own.

So I just found out about the DayZ mod not very long ago.. a great thing to see come to the gaming / arma community. Speaking of the concept, it is out of the box compared to any other games or mods similar to this. After eeking my way through Elektro and a few deaths, I was finally getting the grasp on how to avoid the zombie horde as well as how to survive. Out of the blue some guy axed me.. not a problem as I knew that players were going to be blood thirsty for my bandages if nothing else? I always took deaths that were legit with a grain of salt and restarted. That being said, recently I've had so many hacked players kill me that the game is flat out lame as it gets. Most recent being some un-named guy somehow finding me in the middle of the forest and firing on me with a minigun, yes a minigun.

Conceptually this game is great, but with all these hackers and script players - the game will go nowhere. It WILL die period.

Alpha you say? It will get better you say? Are you mad you say?

It'l get better you say? - I really hope so as this is one of the better concepts I have seen in a long while

Agree that the hacking has to stop some how.

Its an alpha I say once again to a fucking lame ass crying thread once again, so you can't expect all of the 100% problems to be sorted out in an alpha, once again.

You just registered to post this crying non sense? Gtfo, I say once again.

Seriously moderators should do something against the swarm of new registering kids and retards spamming the forums with "this is why dayz will fail" or "the end of dayz" etc.

Seriously grow balls.

Agree with what this young anal virgin says too

• Like 1

Hackers are not just a problem of DayZ. I stopped playing most FPS's cause of cheating bastards. But DayZ is so addicting I have to play anyway, even with hacking aholes :P

Only good hacker is a dead hacker if you ask me. Someone should track them down IRL and beat the shit out of them.