NewArk

"CD-Key in use" issues

Hey guys,

I still got the "cd-key in use" error. I searched the web for some hours and I seem to be not the only one with this problem. I have to say, that I bought a legit and new retail copy of Arma X at a local store. Today I wrote support tickets to both, DAYZ-Dev Team and BIS. I hope they'll respond to me, I'll let you know in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that the key isn't stolen but it's a database-thingy with Arma X.

Here the BIS-comment: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136223-PlayerId-change-for-Reinforcements-ArmA-X-users

Maybe people with same issues post their type of game here so we could figure out if it really depends on the game version. Hopefully we could help eachother.

Sorry for my bad English and

Best regards from Germany,

NewArk

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply mate, so we are two ArmaX users for now! :huh:

Same Problem here...buyed arma x at a local german store and my key is in use.

also my account gets played by another player...

I got an answer from bis-support. I send them my keys. Hope they could do anything. I'll let you know

ive got the same problem with arma X. i'm from switzerland. i've got an answer from bis- support:

"Hello, the key has multiple IPs active which is considered license abuse. Someone else has been using your CD key or you installed the game and played multiplayer on more than one PC simultaneously. I cannot do anything to reactivate the key. I apologize for the inconvenience but my hands are tied."

i've also send an email to "peter games". now i waiting for the answer from them. i let you know

• Like 1

ive got the same problem with arma X. i'm from switzerland. i've got an answer from bis- support:

"Hello, the key has multiple IPs active which is considered license abuse. Someone else has been using your CD key or you installed the game and played multiplayer on more than one PC simultaneously. I cannot do anything to reactivate the key. I apologize for the inconvenience but my hands are tied."

i've also send an email to "peter games". now i waiting for the answer from them. i let you know

Oh dear , that doesnt sound good, i will try to peter games too over the weekend, but i mean its like 10+ ppl now on this forums....

@Duce: Oh crap, that sounds bad. I hope this will be resolved somehow.

@Duce: Oh crap, that sounds bad. I hope this will be resolved somehow.

Iam afraid it will turn out that BIS says our keys are comprimised and its our fault (malware, gave our keys away). Then they wont replace anything and we would have to beg at the german publisher or our retailer, and they wont replace it neither .....

What i can see is , that several people (mostly german speaking region with retail versions) started to have the same problem around the same time, so we did all the same mistake or something is fishy with the arma key system/servers.

Either way, its pretty disapointing...

Edited by whet

Iam afraid it will turn out that BIS says our keys are comprimised and its our fault (malware, gave our keys away). Then they wont replace anything and we would have to beg at the german publisher or our retailer, and they wont replace it neither .....

What i can see is , that several people (mostly german speaking region with retail versions) started to have the same problem around the same time, so we did all the same mistake or something is fishy with the arma key system/servers.

Either way, its pretty disapointing...

I was thinking the same thing, which could be a possibility to be honest but on the other hand in my opinion they should just give players that bought the game a new key. I somehow got lucky and got a working key which is very often I get one at all. I wish all you luck on getting a fix for this

I was thinking the same thing, which could be a possibility to be honest but on the other hand in my opinion they should just give players that bought the game a new key. I somehow got lucky and got a working key which is very often I get one at all. I wish all you luck on getting a fix for this

Yeah, thanks. My key worked for almost 2 months and suddenly this happens :( .

I still wait for a response from bis. Hope they'll help.

today "peter games" send my per email a new cd-key :).

Thats good news, thanks for letting us know.

And from the other thread:

I got a response from the support team:

"we are currently investigating this issue and working on a solution but it's going to take some time (few days at least). Please be patient I will keep you informed"

Edited by whet
  • Like 1

@ Duce: What is Peter Games? Another Publisher?

@ Whet: Thanks for bringeing the people from the other threat here! Are you german?

Edited by NewArk

Yes iam german and peter games is the german publisher of arma it seems, have a look on your arma X box ^^.

Edited by whet

peter games is the publisher of ARMA X.

and ive got another bad news.... the new key don't work. >:(

damn :(

@ Duce: Have you done a reinstall or only replaced the crack in the registry?

@ Whet: Falls die Geschichte hier gut für uns ausgeht und alles wieder läuft, kömmer ja mal gemeinsam Chernarus unsicher machen. Hab leider momementan kein vernünftiges Headset, wird aber demnächst geordert.

It would be appreciated if a mod or dev-team-member could give a statement about this topic! Anyone?