Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Disco

Does this game save two different character's for you?

So last night I ended up picking up some supplies, then logging out and logging back in in Balota because of the stupid visual glitch where object distort and block your view. When I got back on, I had no items and I spawned in Kamenka. So I just said "Oh well" and found new items. Now I ended up getting much better items and I logged out last night in Cherno and went to sleep. However, when I logged back in this evening, I spawned in Balota with all of my items that I had when I originally lost my inventory. What is going on and how can I get to my "other character"?

Edited by Dr. Disco

I think you got debugged, and then when you loaded in again it reverted to your pre-debug state. So your "other character" is gone.

Simple question, simple answer: no, you can't have multiple characters per Arma2 copy. So, if you own 2 copies of Arma2, you actually CAN have 2 characters.

What happened to you? Hm, maybe the second server wasn't connected to the Hive (that's the DayZ database server) and therefor created a "new" character that's only saved on that particular server. Can't think of another reason, but if you know which server that was, try logging in - when you're again not where you think you should be, and got that stuff from that second character, it's a non-hive server you're connecting to.

Edited by Teiwaz
  • Like 1

I think you got debugged, and then when you loaded in again it reverted to your pre-debug state. So your "other character" is gone.

No, I just logged into the server that I was playing on last night when I had that character and I'm now playing as the one who logged off in Cherno. I think I may have figured it out. I've noticed that each server that I spawn with a different character in has different settings enabled/disabled:

qwert.png

Notice how server US106 has something with crosshairs (indicated by the little white "+" while the server above it does not. Each of those servers I have different characters on.

Edited by Dr. Disco

Nevermind, I just logged into another servers with crosshairs disabled and I loaded onto my character without my good items. So yeah, I guess that server wasn't connected to the hive. I should've figured by the fact that it wasn't even a numbered server.

No, I just logged into the server that I was playing on last night when I had that character and I'm now playing as the one who logged off in Cherno. I think I may have figured it out. I've noticed that each server that I spawn with a different character in has different settings enabled/disabled:

qwert.png

Notice how server US106 has something with crosshairs (indicated by the little white "+" while the server above it does not. Each of those servers I have different characters on.

Your character exists on every server. It migrates with you.

Your character exists on every server. It migrates with you.

Well apparently the character that I want only exists on one server.

Simple question, simple answer: no, you can't have multiple characters per Arma2 copy. So, if you own 2 copies of Arma2, you actually CAN have 2 characters.

What happened to you? Hm, maybe the second server wasn't connected to the Hive (that's the DayZ database server) and therefor created a "new" character that's only saved on that particular server. Can't think of another reason, but if you know which server that was, try logging in - when you're again not where you think you should be, and got that stuff from that second character, it's a non-hive server you're connecting to.

That's the correct answer. ^^ same thing happened to me today. i spawned new and played a couple of hours, and for the first time, i had almost everthing... a sniper a m4,tent even a NV. then i took a break and as i joined another server everything was gone and as i joined the other server again i got my old char back. A couple of servers dont use the offical hive, that's the reason.

Edited by leckarsch

The exact same thing happened to me recently, I had one character that I lost on a reset and started a new one. Then I would randomly be one or the other, it was a quantum leap/sliders kinda deal! Then when they both died I reverted to one.

Yeah it happens but don't worry, you won't lose your character, just change servers until it loads your 'actual' character.